Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JackApostrophe

Re: 16-12-17 The gang is all there

Post by JackApostrophe »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 pm
JackApostrophe wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm
Then again, maybe two deeply selfish people somehow work together and it is love after all.
That sounds like the recipe for something amazingly toxic.
Yeah, I don't buy it at all, but here we have Zii learning her lesson, so to speak, and she's still claiming to love DiDi.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Baby steps. However much Zii learns or realises in the next few hours or days, it can't all come at once. And for that matter, if she admitted at this point that she didn't love DiDi, that'd mean acknowledging that she'd messed everything up. That's a lot to ask.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote: (And I wonder where Kiley is just now? The last we saw of her was that strip when she made her escape. For one thing, she's probably the person best equipped to help other people trapped under the burning toxic dump that DiDi makes of relationships, and for another, I'd love to see her mess with Matt resolved, one way or another.)
Considering the speed with which she ran (completely justified, imho), I'd expect her to be over the horizon and still accelerating. Maybe abroad.
But in all seriousness, wherever Kiley is, I seriously doubt she's in any hurry to come anywhere near the apartment or anywhere else she may reasonably expect Chastel to frequent anytime soon.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Yup - and calling BS on that.

Didi mentioned that, in order to love someone, you need to have more than one shared interest. The only thing in Didi's recollection that is accurate is their mutual love of horror movies - =
iirc the horror movie thing was because Didi's past boyfriends said it was an assured way to get in her pants.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 pm
That may well be the final resolution of this situation. But the logical problem there is that the real blockage in the Zii/Angel feud seems to be Angel. Zii has always been relatively sane and rational about it, and could probably apologise for any fault on her side with a small nudge; it’s Angel who throws tantrums and punches with no new provocation.
Angel may be the main issue there, but Zii sure seems to be part of the problem. She does not like Angel much and considers him archrival.
That is not to say their relationship is beyond repair. Happy ends and stuff...

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

What annoys me is that this whole thing could be solved in a more... logical sense. If we could yank ourselves away from this "monogamy" narrative that's been forced down our throats since the beginning of "modern" western civilization there's an easier solution to most of this. Zii is sexually needy, Didi is sexually needy. Are they in love? Or just in lust and convinced it's love? I doubt it's true love, personally. In a polyamorous relationship, which isn't as "out there" nowadays as it was just a mere few years ago, they could just be in a -loving- relationship (but not "in love" , there's a difference) where they get their sexual needs met. This opens them up to finding someone else who will fit emotionally to them, hence the "in love" part. The whole idea of polyamory is that no one can be everything to someone else. It's called being human. All needs cannot be met by one single person (or very VERY rarely can), and if you can cast off that toxic "jealousy" and "possessive" part of a relationship, then a healthy multi-partner relationship can succeed. Or whatever. I have a few shots in me right now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, sure — Zii doesn’t like Angel. Given Angel’s record of physically attacking her, this is hardly surprising (though you could say that a more mature Zii might take the high road). But unless we’ve not been shown something important, Zii had no reason to believe that Angel would be seriously annoyed by what she did. And since then, we’ve been shown Zii (for example) offering Angel sensible advice about breast-binding, while Angel just displays varying levels of rage at Zii.

Zii might maybe handle things better. But it does look hard for her to de-escalate this one, when Angel keeps escalating it.
Pier777 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm
If we could yank ourselves away from this "monogamy" narrative that's been forced down our throats since the beginning of "modern" western civilization ...
Because polyamory has been the norm in so many non-western civilisations.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Pier777 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm
What annoys me is that this whole thing could be solved in a more... logical sense. If we could yank ourselves away from this "monogamy" narrative that's been forced down our throats since the beginning of "modern" western civilization there's an easier solution to most of this. Zii is sexually needy, Didi is sexually needy. Are they in love? Or just in lust and convinced it's love? I doubt it's true love, personally. In a polyamorous relationship, which isn't as "out there" nowadays as it was just a mere few years ago, they could just be in a -loving- relationship (but not "in love" , there's a difference) where they get their sexual needs met. This opens them up to finding someone else who will fit emotionally to them, hence the "in love" part. The whole idea of polyamory is that no one can be everything to someone else. It's called being human. All needs cannot be met by one single person (or very VERY rarely can), and if you can cast off that toxic "jealousy" and "possessive" part of a relationship, then a healthy multi-partner relationship can succeed. Or whatever. I have a few shots in me right now.
You do realize, even in those polyamorous relationships, they often have jealousy and possessive issues. In fact, it's knowingly having those issues, that keeps most people out.

You may be the type that can say "Yeah. You get him on the odd days and I get him on the even days."

Maybe it's not that they should be in a relationship at all, maybe it's they should just be f-buddies until one of them finds someone they do really love.

Now, maaaaybe Zii loves Didi. Doubt it, but let's go with it. Didi very likely, doesn't love Zii. Look at Didi's history, she really just treats Zii like she did Kiley. Didi is going to continue to lust after the wrestler (forgot her name) and that was one of the few times I thought Didi may have actually started to fall for someone on more than a sexual scale.

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

Does Didi even know the snake lady wrestler exists? All we now is snake lady sent that one tag team after her as a sort of scouting mission to get in Didi's pants, but I don't think they've even met.

Maelphaxerazz

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

Oh they've met alright. The snake lady wrote her phone number on DiDi's breasts one time.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

Well, some people have big handwriting, and thus need to write on something large......

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 am
Didi is going to continue to lust after the wrestler (forgot her name) and that was one of the few times I thought Didi may have actually started to fall for someone on more than a sexual scale.
Are we talking about Roxy?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I think they mean Lynn Brook, aka Annie Conda.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Didi is going to continue to lust after the wrestler (forgot her name) and that was one of the few times I thought Didi may have actually started to fall for someone on more than a sexual scale.
Are we talking about Roxy?
Yes. Roxy.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
You do realize, even in those polyamorous relationships, they often have jealousy and possessive issues. In fact, it's knowingly having those issues, that keeps most people out.
Yeah, I've long seen polyamory as something that's great for the people it works for, but that such people are in quite the minority and its not normally a valid way to solve relationship problems.

The argument that "no one person can be everything to someone else" ignores that the problem is as much about figuring out how to be enough on your own as it is about finding completion in someone else. If you rely on other people to perfectly fill voids in your life then you're going to be disappointed eventually no matter whether you are monogamous or not, since nobody is perfect.