Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

16-12-17 The gang is all there

Post by Giz »

worldshaking00

Re: 16-12-17 The gang is all there

Post by worldshaking00 »

Interesting. I wonder if Zii could talk to Yuki and apologize, explaining that she was a dumbass during their last conversation. Zi'd end goal of course would be to get Yuki back into her good graces and ideally into her band again. The more Yuki has time to think about how selfish Zii has been with their friendship, the harder that may be though, especially if others are able to peer pressure Yuki. Or maybe Zii deserves the repercussions and will accept the results of her actions.

Zii admits she loves Didi, and that she did love Erik. Nice touch, and on the surface let's say Zii is honest and actually believes it. Does Didi actually love Zii, though? Didi has proven that she is easily distracted, and that her sense of love is heavily tinged based on who is giving her sex at the moment. Can wrestling steal Didi away from Zii? Seems like the only good reason to continue delving back into the ring, to me.

I really love Panel 2 and Panel 3. Zii's expressions are excellent as are the smudges from her mascara running.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

With the benefit of hindsight, Zii seems to consciously becoming aware of how wretchedly self-indulgent and distracted she has been.

Don't fall for those honeyed words, Erik! Even if really he is the man Zii "loved the most," she was still more than happy to cheat on him with Sonya, and then almost concurrently with DiDi (intoxication and Sonya's coercion be damned, Zii still had the freedom of choice); it is clear that "love" equates very little in Zii's decision-making, so, while she is in a moment of introspection, it is a bit annoying (though not out of character) for her to believe her attachment to DiDi is anything other than physical.
While Erik is listening, he seems to be providing some gentle questioning, too, thereby he might be able to convince - or help her realise - that Zii has never been able to "love," as her lust surpasses everything else, every time. Maybe this realisation will begin her path of *redemption* or basic self-improvement? Though, I think she should rue in her mistakes longer, considering the unhappiness and stress she has spread through (albeit not limited to) apathy and selfishness.

Superb emotionality in the art - from Erik's subtle blush before he regained to composure, to Zii's raccoon eyes gradually clearing up, but still being prevalent. That stupified look as Zii realises how she also alienated Yuki is brilliant, too.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

When the other shoe drops, beware its ability to kick you in the butt...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Hmm...I'm now wondering if Erik is going to give Zii a second chance. Maybe Zii's side of the story will end with a Didi-Zii-Erik OT3? I know that would probably upset the Zii-haters but oh well. I'm sure Matt's side of the story will probably end well for him too.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I do not mind if things end well for them, just so long as they at least show some improvement before the comic ends.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

suddenly I get the feeling the threeway situation that final strip will do to match up with the first will be didi/zii/ and erik.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, congratulations to the various posters who predicted various fragments of this conversation with some accuracy. And yep, it appears that DiDi-intoxication had indeed done horrible things to Zii's short term memory.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 am
I wonder if Zii could talk to Yuki and apologize, explaining that she was a dumbass during their last conversation. Zi'd end goal of course would be to get Yuki back into her good graces and ideally into her band again. The more Yuki has time to think about how selfish Zii has been with their friendship, the harder that may be though, especially if others are able to peer pressure Yuki.
That's rather the thing, isn't it? Zii can (and obviously should) apologise to Yuki, and in itself, one stupid thoughtless thing said in a moment of extreme distraction should usually be forgivable. (I assume that we've all been there in some way, if not between the legs of a sex goddess.) Zii should learn that answering your phone in mid-fornication isn't clever, but that's a minor factor. However, the brutal fact is that there was a lot of in vino veritas involved; Zii didn't care about much except DiDi, and so she really didn't care about Yuki.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Does Didi actually love Zii, though? Didi has proven that she is easily distracted, and that her sense of love is heavily tinged based on who is giving her sex at the moment.
DiDi is fundamentally effing clueless about "love", and that's saying something in a comic where very few of the cast know what they're talking about when they use the word. What Kiley discovered was that DiDi needs an emotional connection with her partner in order to reach orgasm; she needs actually to pay attention to another human being for once, and of course her heart is big but hollow, so she calls that "love". But as Kiley demonstrated when she finally made her escape from DiDi, there's very little that's long-term or romantic about what DiDi's emotional connections; yes, wrestling literally does mean more to her. In fact, Kiley told DiDi to her face then that it'd only be "love" when DiDi could share everything with her partner -- but DiDi didn't listen, surprise surprise.

And if Zii doesn't come to realise that this relationship is a toxic shit-show, there must be a pretty good chance that DiDi will break her heart eventually, when it all goes wrong.

(And I wonder where Kiley is just now? The last we saw of her was that strip when she made her escape. For one thing, she's probably the person best equipped to help other people trapped under the burning toxic dump that DiDi makes of relationships, and for another, I'd love to see her mess with Matt resolved, one way or another.)
worldshaking00 wrote:
I really love Panel 2 and Panel 3. Zii's expressions are excellent as are the smudges from her mascara running.
Well yes. Giz art. All too reliably wonderful these days.
Last edited by Spidrift on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

I'm still not convinced on didi/zii love thing. Erik and zii's thing had them going out and sharing interest, where she usually just hit it and quit it. Zii and didi just go at like dogs in heat. Not much different than she did with guys except she hasn't left.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if Zii could talk to Yuki and apologize, explaining that she was a dumbass during their last conversation. Zi'd end goal of course would be to get Yuki back into her good graces and ideally into her band again. The more Yuki has time to think about how selfish Zii has been with their friendship, the harder that may be though, especially if others are able to peer pressure Yuki. Or maybe Zii deserves the repercussions and will accept the results of her actions.
At this point it would be probably easier to apologize to everyone and join forces with Angel (again).
capicoli wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm
I'm still not convinced on didi/zii love thing. Erik and zii's thing had them going out and sharing interest, where she usually just hit it and quit it. Zii and didi just go at like dogs in heat. Not much different than she did with guys except she hasn't left.
Do you remember?

JackApostrophe

Post by JackApostrophe »

capicoli wrote:
I'm not convinced that Zii is capable of loving someone, personally. How quickly would she abandon DiDi if a willing FiFi showed up?

Then again, maybe two deeply selfish people somehow work together and it is love after all. I'm ace/aro so what do I know?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if Zii could talk to Yuki and apologize, explaining that she was a dumbass during their last conversation. Zi'd end goal of course would be to get Yuki back into her good graces and ideally into her band again.
She shouldn't just apologize to Yuki, but to Sonya, as well; especially now that she's admitted to herself that she knew that Sonya wanted more from Zii - despite her claims to the contrary - but Zii used her, anyway.

Whether the band reunited afterwards shouldn't be the end goal; admitting to thoughtlessness/selfishness and apologizing for it is the only thing that really matters (and only saying it to Erik doesn't count).
capicoli wrote:
I'm still not convinced on didi/zii love thing.
Nor should you - Sonya had it right; despite Didi (and Zii's) claims, it's a relationship entirely based on the physical.

Zii has been lusting after Didi the moment she met her - and only calls what she has with Didi 'love' because Didi has finally spread her legs for her. And Didi only boasts about love when her partner successfully gives her an orgasm (first Kiley, now Zii) - it's blatantly obvious that if Zii had failed to make her climax - despite her claims that their love runs deep because they had so much fun together in the past - Didi wouldn't have treated her any differently than she had all the men who 'failed her' between the sheets.

It's only a matter of time before one of them screws it up.
uzivatel wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:49 pm
Do you remember?
Yup - and calling BS on that.

Didi mentioned that, in order to love someone, you need to have more than one shared interest. The only thing in Didi's recollection that is accurate is their mutual love of horror movies - and that's the extent of it. The dress up took place after Didi got smashed at a strip club and they needed new clothes after Didi puked all over them (the bag Zii is carrying in that cosplay image contains their soiled clothes) and the playing with Transformers was just the pair of them playing with Gary's property without his blessing.

Didi's confusing pleasant memories with shared interests; which convinced Zii that there's something more between them than there really is.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'm not sure if the writers are trying to say we should believe them, but it reads as if fake. :p

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 pm
uzivatel wrote:
Do you remember?
Yup - and calling BS on that.

Didi mentioned that, in order to love someone, you need to have more than one shared interest. The only thing in Didi's recollection that is accurate is their mutual love of horror movies - and that's the extent of it. The dress up took place after Didi got smashed at a strip club and they needed new clothes after Didi puked all over them (the bag Zii is carrying in that cosplay image contains their soiled clothes) and the playing with Transformers was just the pair of them playing with Gary's property without his blessing.

Didi's confusing pleasant memories with shared interests; which convinced Zii that there's something more between them than there really is.
You can call BS on that on Didi's side, but even when Zii has been lusting for Didi since vol.1 this strip may have pushed her from lust to love, she was crying in the last panel. I was sure that Zii was the one that was gonna dump Didi, but with this revelation i have to change my bet.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

uzivatel wrote:
At this point it would be probably easier to apologize to everyone and join forces with Angel (again).
That may well be the final resolution of this situation. But the logical problem there is that the real blockage in the Zii/Angel feud seems to be Angel. Zii has always been relatively sane and rational about it, and could probably apologise for any fault on her side with a small nudge; it’s Angel who throws tantrums and punches with no new provocation.
JackApostrophe wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm
Then again, maybe two deeply selfish people somehow work together and it is love after all.
That sounds like the recipe for something amazingly toxic.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm
I'm not sure if the writers are trying to say we should believe them, but it reads as if fake.
I’m glad I’m not the only person who doubts everything that DiDi says...
rogermart wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm
You can call BS on that on Didi's side, but even when Zii has been lusting for Didi since vol.1 this strip may have pushed her from lust to love, she was crying in the last panel.
One can cry sentimentally over mere shallow pleasant memories.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.