14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Post by rogermart »

TJgalon wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:34 pm
I learn something new today. Désirée Chastel is a name for a bra cup size, cool. Just not sure which size.
The "desire" size ;)
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm
Also, it's taken me a couple of strips to notice that Zii is wearing a Black Sabbath shirt. Assuming that she's running a slight case of Gary-ish shirt symbolism... Classic doom-laden stuff to reflect her mood? Is she becoming Paranoid?
Well, she has been through Heaven and Hell...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Well, if there's anyone who can understand the allure of Didi, it's Ishmael.
Yet still, I live...

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

PMental wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am
Oh dear. I've been reading MA3 for ages, read it all through at least twice and... I never realized that about DiDi's name! I feel a bit sheepish now.
You feel sheepish that your mind wasn't as far into the gutter as you had thought?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If knowing that “DD” is a bra size locates your mind in the gutter, we’re all damned. (Though some of us are looking at the stars.) Also, the comic has flown a fairly large flag over the joke from time to time, and it’s always been referenced in DiDi’s character notes in TV Tropes...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

So, we now know Zii does have a relatively decent grasp on what she did to Sonya. But is she as conscious about Yuki's situation? So far she doesn't seem to remember talking to her at all. Personally, I am hoping for the next strip to include a memory jog followed by shocked realization.

Then again, with my luck, we will instead get a switch to the wrestling side of the story for six strips before addressing this topic again. I like that plot, but I hate cliffhangers.

JackApostrophe

Post by JackApostrophe »

Ah, the one where we see that Zii is smarter than expected but even worse a person than believed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bat-dork wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm
So, we now know Zii does have a relatively decent grasp on what she did to Sonya. But is she as conscious about Yuki's situation? So far she doesn't seem to remember talking to her at all. Personally, I am hoping for the next strip to include a memory jog followed by shocked realization.
She’s got to say something to Erik about Yuki. He’s going to discover that she’s Angel’s new drummer soon enough, and Zii’s being honest about her mistakes so far; it’d just be weird if she stopped there. Whether she remembers the exact cause remains to be seen, but she seems to have understood what Angel meant about her failure to look after goid people.

The other interesting question is what Erik will say when he discovers that Angel has switched out drummers too. It’s quite possible that he’s getting a hit tired of Angel’s prima donna complex at this point. Or at least that he’ll be bemused by this.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am
Zii should endure more than an afternoon of strong sadness for all of the crap she's pulled
This, so much.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am
Exquisite sorrow.
Hope Erik doesn't console her, even though it would probably be fitting with his character to forgive and try to help, but Zii should endure more than an afternoon of strong sadness for all of the crap she's pulled...
No. Screw that. Sadness on its own isn't going to fix the mess she's in or lead to her being a better person. Honest conversation and confrontation of the inciting issues will. Also, this isn't the kind of comic to gloat over someone's sadness as a rule.
Oh, I agree.
I just don't want Zii or anyone to "fix" her situation quite yet, but rather she should - for lack of a better word - suffer through it for longer than week, as she usually did before quickly discarding any lessons from the pain her actions caused. She's missed or chose not to take too many opportunities to be a better person in the past, so she should be miserable for a while.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm
If knowing that “DD” is a bra size locates your mind in the gutter, we’re all damned. (Though some of us are looking at the stars.) Also, the comic has flown a fairly large flag over the joke from time to time, and it’s always been referenced in DiDi’s character notes in TV Tropes...
I'm sure someone could find the exact strip where people, unaware of their shared association with DiDi, ponder, "Could there be a FiFi?" :))

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bat-dork wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm
I doubt Zii could remember much else considering where her head was when Yuki last spoke to her. With Sonya she at least knows why she left, but with Yuki it's more of a mystery. I think Yuki finally realized just what kind of person Zii is after all this time. In many ways she's just as clingy and crazy as Sonya, but ignored all the signs that Zii preferred to keep some distance between them unless it suited her until now. Perhaps Zii will realize that if she thinks about it long enough.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm
She’s crashed down below the point where denial can work any more. She can’t just say I’m fine because she obviously isn’t, and she’s lost the energy to compose a functional lie.

And to be fair to her, she’s shown before that she can be honest about her fuck-ups.
After re-reading that, I tool the time to refresh my memory about how she broke up with Erik.

After that, I have little to no sympathy any more for Sonya either. I had forgotten that she intentionally worked to break up Zii and Erik so she could have a shot at Zii.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Shrug. And Yuki is psychotically violent as well as terrifyingly possessive about her affections, while Erik is the kind of creep who goes round boasting to strangers how his girlfriend is great at giving oral sex to other women, and Peggy goes round throwing pasta at her mild-mannered boyfriend and making moves on a guy who’s having dinner with another woman. If you expect the best of these characters, you’ll be sadly disappointed.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, well. Self-awareness at last.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift