Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Post by Giz »

PMental

Re: 14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Post by PMental »

Oh dear. I've been reading MA3 for ages, read it all through at least twice and... I never realized that about DiDi's name! I feel a bit sheepish now.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Exquisite sorrow.
Hope Erik doesn't console her, even though it would probably be fitting with his character to forgive and try to help, but Zii should endure more than an afternoon of strong sadness for all of the crap she's pulled; while one could argue her despair is due to realisation of how her actions have negatively impacted those around her, another possibility is that she is sad simply because she has to face the proverbial music (poetically without her band). Though, it is also likely to be debatable mixture of those variables.
"Kiss and tell" in Zii's case would be more like, "f**k and gloat." Aha...

Again, excellent emotion in the art, as it displays Zii's genuine sadness, yet also the look on her face when in her weak attempt to hide the "with whom" she betrayed the promise to Sonya for; while on the topic of art, need to go into writing for the fact that it is decent consistency with Zii *yet again* attempting to defer or avoid the truth, even when someone seems available to be sympathetic at her lowest moment. Back to art, effective expressiveness with Erik's postures, as well as his eyebrows.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

At least Zii was being honest with Erik up until that last part of course. Here's hoping Zii's conversation with Erik is somewhat constructive. And one wonders if Erik is planning something since he went to check on Zii and talk to her first.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Give in to your grief-stricken side, Zii. It is the only way to save yourself.

I hope Erik will be a gentleman enough to listen and be constructive, even if his advice/criticism might be a little bit painful to Zii. So far, he has been.

I assume Zii was meaning she couldn't give love to Sonya, or the sort of love that leads to commitment. Or perhaps Zii has always had her eyes on Didi and Sonya was always just a plaything for Zii. EIther way, rhetorical since the damage has been done and all ZIi has are the pieces.

Keep it coming!
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I thought it was clear what Zii meant there; Sonya wanted long-term commitment, Zii knew that she wasn't capable of that with her.

And I assume that Erik was just wandering into the building, saw a door ajar, glimpsed a familiar figure, and stuck his head in to see if he should say hello. Or maybe he heard crying and decided to be a nice guy and make sure nobody was in trouble. Whatever; it doesn't have to be complicated.

And to be fair to Zii, I assumed that she was avoiding DiDi's name was out of consideration for Erik's feelings, or at least honest embarrassment over their own history; after all, not only is Erik one of DiDi's countless exes, but he and Zii split up over her obsession with DiDi. Talking about goinking DiDi now could be kind of rubbing salt into his old wounds.

Anyhow, we again have Erik being reasonably bright and perceptive about Zii (he has history there, too). If he's going to be more than a plot catalyst here, though, the interesting question might be whether he's matured a little himself. His fondness for Zii was always based too much on the idea that she was his fantasy hot and crazy rock chick; can he now see that this was actually a problem?

Also, it's taken me a couple of strips to notice that Zii is wearing a Black Sabbath shirt. Assuming that she's running a slight case of Gary-ish shirt symbolism... Classic doom-laden stuff to reflect her mood? Is she becoming Paranoid?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

PMental wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am
Oh dear. I've been reading MA3 for ages, read it all through at least twice and... I never realized that about DiDi's name! I feel a bit sheepish now.
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/My_h ... m_to_spare

someone

Post by someone »

Zii is being surprisingly honest, here.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She’s crashed down below the point where denial can work any more. She can’t just say I’m fine because she obviously isn’t, and she’s lost the energy to compose a functional lie.

And to be fair to her, she’s shown before that she can be honest about her fuck-ups.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I knew it. Sometimes, things in this comic really are that simple.

Keep being honest, Zii. When you're in a bad spot, you're feeling guilty and you need to talk to talk to someone, honesty is the best policy. At this point the only thing that's going to turn you around is fixing the problems with yourself that got you into this situation in the first place, and if you are truly repentant, you'll walk into what you must know is coming and face it like a mature adult. And hopefully, that will lead you onto the road to redemption the same way Gary has begun to grow a spine. You can do it!
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am
Exquisite sorrow.
Hope Erik doesn't console her, even though it would probably be fitting with his character to forgive and try to help, but Zii should endure more than an afternoon of strong sadness for all of the crap she's pulled; while one could argue her despair is due to realisation of how her actions have negatively impacted those around her, another possibility is that she is sad simply because she has to face the proverbial music (poetically without her band). Though, it is also likely to be debatable mixture of those variables.
No. Screw that. Sadness on its own isn't going to fix the mess she's in or lead to her being a better person. Honest conversation and confrontation of the inciting issues will. Also, this isn't the kind of comic to gloat over someone's sadness as a rule.

Naturallyhighpenguin

Post by Naturallyhighpenguin »

uzivatel wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm
PMental wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/My_h ... m_to_spare
This strip's joke went so far over my head that I didn't even notice it. Thank you.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I learn something new today. Désirée Chastel is a name for a bra cup size, cool. Just not sure which size.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Platonix

Post by Platonix »

TJgalon wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:34 pm
I learn something new today. Désirée Chastel is a name for a bra cup size, cool. Just not sure which size.
Clearly she's so big they had to invent a new cup size and they just named it after her.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

ahh, that make perfect sense, thankyou.
"Somebody just stake me now"

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I feel like this comic is supposed to make one side with Zii, however, still don't.

However, it's still shown she knew it all and she kept doing it. I'm sorry, but I was depressed and in a bad state is not an acceptable apology, and not being forgiven but still rising to the top, can seem just as bad, so curious how this all goes before the end. :p