09-12-17 What are you trying to pull

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 09-12-17 What are you trying to pull

Post by Vitocap »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 am
If Angel has realised that the Jerzy thing was idiotic, and turned more to Richie, that makes today’s little moralising speech look less weird. It comes better from someone who isn’t a deranged jealous stalker.
"Deranged" "Obsessed" "Toxic" "Stalker" "Unhealthy" and so on and so forth...

You're way worse than the Zii-haters.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

For being honest about Angel? Really?

Angel was (is?) obsessed with their ex; and though they remained on friendly terms, Angel was always pushing for them to rekindle their relationship - despite Jerzy's reservations and, later, his loyalty to Dillon. The only reason Jerzy and Angel rekindled their relationship was because Dillon's jealousy got in the way, causing Jerzy to end things with him and hooking back up with Angel after a drunken romp (so, Angel is a rebound lover).

Though - despite their own issues - I firmly believe Angel is more sensible/compassionate than Zii could ever hope to be.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To say nothing of Angel’s controlling who Jerzy could talk to, or physically assaulting Zii on sight...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

To be honest, Dillon wasn't much better in that regards.

It's a safe bet that Jerzy has piss poor taste in lovers.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:08 am
brasca wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:17 pm
Zii had pictures of Angel on a date with Richie which she could use for leverage or revenge, but unless the thought hasn't crossed her mind I'm thinking the events shortly before Sticky Dilly Buns went on hiatus already happened and when that strip resumes it will be like a flashback.
Zii didn't take pictures, though - she only spotted Angel giving Richie a kiss after their date concluded.

And, if she had intentions to tell Jerzy or Dillon what she saw, what purpose would it serve? How would Jerzy be able to blast off at Angel for not telling him she had a date - or that she had kissed Richie - when he and Dillon had sex while he was dating Angel?
I had to check the archive to verify this and while I didn't see her pull out her camera to take pictures I'm fairly certain that she'd do this because she's no stranger to taking pictures of people making out and without evidence it's just her word against Angel's.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 pm
Don't quite consider her relationship with Erik ending as a "true consequence," since she bounced back from that, while learning nothing from it; there have been a few other occasions when her actions caused negative reactions, however, they too were quite easily overcome. So, her promising band being successfully scooped up by another person she hurt - without Angel having to actively do anything - is the first "true consequence" she has faced.
I’d say that those were all truly consequences; they were just insufficiently serious for some purposes. Which is fair enough, but let’s not get too Humpty-Dumpty with words here...
Yeah, splitting hairs a bit, pedant. I'd thought the modifier of "true" was good enough, although... perhaps I'd use the same not entirely accurate phrasing, even if I wasn't recovering from surgery (you weren't to know, so I'm not upset and don't blame you). Upon reflection, I suppose "lasting consequences" would be a more suitable term.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 am
In itself, I’d agree; I’m no great fan of that plot thread. But it’s the thing most likely to divert DiDi from Zii, so it’ll probably play a significant role in this volume.
Well if this final volume devotes a significant amount of strips to the wrestling plot thread where does that leave the other plot threads that need to be resolved? I'm currently thinking that at least half of the plot threads probably won't be resolved before the end anyway and that includes the wrestling and band plots. Or maybe only Gary's side of the story ends with some kind of resolution but we're left hanging for everything else.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 am
It's a safe bet that Jerzy has piss poor taste in lovers.
He said that he liked the way that Dillon wore his heart on his sleeve — i.e. he likes emotional loons with no impulse control. (On which basis, he may yet complain that Ruby is ruining Dillon’s charm.) Though I get the impression that his relationship with Angel has a complicated history.
brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 am
I had to check the archive to verify this and while I didn't see her pull out her camera to take pictures I'm fairly certain that she'd do this because she's no stranger to taking pictures of people making out and without evidence it's just her word against Angel's.
Zii saw them from some distance, in the dark, through her van window — and she uses a phone camera or a cheap pocket camera. And she wouldn’t want to use flash there. If she got a recognisable image of Angel, my suspension of disbelief wil go snap.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 am

That's assuming that the kiss lasted long enough for Zii to grab her camera and start taking photos before the traffic lights changed.

And, even if she grabbed viable photo evidence, Jerzy and Dillon would be the last people to say anything about it because - though Angel was wrong for having a secret date with Richie (and giving him a kiss afterwards) - it's nothing compared to Jerzy having sex with Dillon - with his only excuse being that his sister wasn't home to stop it from happening.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:37 am
That's assuming that the kiss lasted long enough for Zii to grab her camera and start taking photos before the traffic lights changed.
She is not huge fan of traffic lights.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Zii has leveled up! Achievement unlocked: "I am actually an asshole. :( "

But, yes. Character developemt, it reareth its ugly-beautiful head once more.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)