Dangerously Chloe 4-12-17 Air Currents

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 4-12-17 Air Currents

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! With lessons from Chloe, Abby tries flying solo... and ends up flying so low!

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 4-12-17 Air Currents

Post by lordoffiling »

Green sky? In the Midwest here in the States, that means "get the hell in the basement you've got a tornado en route", more often than not.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Abby making poor decisions? Check.
Chloe is present? Check.

This is a bit more like the DC I remember.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Whelp... is Chloe going to end up more cured/manable because she'll end up getting way too realistic "Motherly instincts" going on with the sister and later when Teddy finds out about that?

Simply because.. she has always been pretty mind over her action orientated. Even considering the current predicament being similar

brasca

Post by brasca »

I wonder how much succubi resiliency Abby has. Normally one should survive a crash like that, but I suppose Chloe doesn't want to leave anything up to chance.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

I'm really not sure about the physics involved between panels 4 and 5 here... Yes, I realize 'comedy strip', but this kinda thing always bugs me a little.

Chloe was moving face-down horizontally while Abby was just going face-first into the ground, but she was also front-away from Chloe. Chloe landed on her back and feet-first in direction of travel, with Abby in her arms, but inverted. Chloe would have had to pull a 180-pitch backflip to land like that, while Abby would have done a 90 degree pitch 'downwards' (basically going horizontal while upsidedown), all while Chloe was in physical contact with Abby... It's the last bit that's not working in my head. Parts would have ended up colliding wrong with other parts...

I blame Kerbal Space Program. :P

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Been a while since this story made me smile. ^_^

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Zorlond wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:54 am
I'm really not sure about the physics involved between panels 4 and 5 here... Yes, I realize 'comedy strip', but this kinda thing always bugs me a little.

Chloe was moving face-down horizontally while Abby was just going face-first into the ground, but she was also front-away from Chloe. Chloe landed on her back and feet-first in direction of travel, with Abby in her arms, but inverted. Chloe would have had to pull a 180-pitch backflip to land like that, while Abby would have done a 90 degree pitch 'downwards' (basically going horizontal while upsidedown), all while Chloe was in physical contact with Abby... It's the last bit that's not working in my head. Parts would have ended up colliding wrong with other parts...

I blame Kerbal Space Program. :P
I sorta figured it must have been when Chloe glomped Abby in the back, the momentum in Chloe's upper torso got cancelled out by Abby's wings providing resistance against the air (like a sail or parachute), leaving her lower torso and legs to pendulum under Abby's head , creating the 180 spin clockwise (as we see from our POV in the strip) needed to have Abby going from downward, right facing to being sat up facing 'left' on top of Chloe, who has by remaining glomped to Abby, equally span 180 round to taking the ground impact feet (or more likely, butt) first

thedoctornw

Post by thedoctornw »

Okay, that was pretty adorable. <3

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

This strip made me laugh and gave me a strange warm feeling. I liked it. :)