Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 30-11-17 Without a second thought

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Terry/Izzy OTP.

Treader

Post by Treader »

With the band's track record, stuff like this probably is what their Youtube subscribers live for. "What's the line-up this week?" is like predicting what'll happen to the Spinal Tap drummer.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Hmm, kind of a bummer Yuki is defecting due to a misunderstanding rather than a fact, however, Zii's disregard of her band mates is bad enough that the misunderstanding is equivalent to the truth. So, fair enough - if somewhat kneejerk - reaction from Yuki.
Angel is a dick, though... Irony? Aha. I just hope Yuki and maybe even Sonya don't have to face an equally bad or worse scenario under Angel's vindictive rule. Zii can go to hell, but it wouldn't be pleasant for others to have to keep suffering (or suffer "collateral damage" of sorts) because of her abhorrent nature or the anger of those she has essentially besmirched.
While Izz's current motives and personality are uncertain, I do feel a bit sorry for her being left behind and probably forgotten, too.

The final volume is truly displaying Giz's artistic brilliance! I might repeat something similar often, yet feel justified due to the fact of the art being amazing. Yuki's disbelieving expression in first panel aptly shows her hurt feelings. Even with a simple sight gag of Sonya's sardonic mime of "bongos" was super effective; Sonya's face was delightfully sassy, regardless of the strong spite she also emanated.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, Zii does have a track record of screwing over the band for her own sexual desires, so I'm not sure Yuki is to far off on the misunderstanding.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One would imagine that Izz could always stick her head round the door and find out what that conversation is about. Oh well, comedy. Even if it is rather a weak punchline.

On the other hand, what isn’t weak is Sonya’s grasp of snark. She’s definitely got what it takes, now she has some motivation. And we have confirmation that Angel isn’t a terribly nice person — if we ever needed it. Or maybe Terry really is a bloody awful drummer.

The actual plot doesn’t move forward far here — we just get confirmation of what we were mostly already assuming — but never mind; the pieces are firmly cemented in place for the next phase. So I suspect that we’ll get a jump to another scene on Saturday.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am
Hmm, kind of a bummer Yuki is defecting due to a misunderstanding rather than a fact, however, Zii's disregard of her band mates is bad enough that the misunderstanding is equivalent to the truth.
I’m not sure that I see any misunderstanding at all there. Zii’s mouth wasn’t connected to much in the way of higher brain function, but she said what she said, in response to words that were clear and unambiguous.
Angel is a dick, though... Irony? Aha. I just hope Yuki and maybe even Sonya don't have to face an equally bad or worse scenario under Angel's vindictive rule.
Angel reckons those two are competent, and they’re unlikely to provide grounds for too-Angelic behaviour in the immediate future. Any band under Angel’s leadership will probably have an excess of petty drama, but Yuki loves that almost as much as Sonya does, so no problem.

Long term — well, who knows? They’re all of them nuts. I wouldn’t be too surprised if the final situation involved a reconciliation between Angel and Zii, and a four-piece band that married Zii’s charisma to Angel’s originality.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Daaaaaaamn, Terry is gonna have a bad start to his day!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Casual cruelty from Angel, aaaand Izz is in for a shock and a disappointment.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Or WILL SHE?

Izzy and Zii become a duo! Punk Rock Garfunkel & Oates!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

It's so great to see our Sonya recovered from the hurt of the breakup and actively enacting bloody revenge. Resilience, thy name is woman. Also: Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned. :ymdevil:

Hmm... now I'm kinda wondering about the "love to hatred turned" part... is Sonya really over Zii? Let's say Zii is dumped by DiDi (unlikely, I know, but let's just imagine it) and returns to Sonya begging for another chance... what would Sonya do?
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking Angel's now former drummer Terry will just join Zii's band and Zii will stick Izzy on bass. Zii will still have her band but it will be a significant downgrade talent-wise.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm not a fan of Yuki jumping bands like that. Her and Sonya do share a past now too, including having resentment towards Didi. Her defection isn't unthinkable, but I would have hoped she would have tried to talk some sense into Zii. However, what's done is done. Call it peer pressure, or the plot, whatever.

Having Angel dump his drummer, and the way they relished doing it, is just plain cruel. They and Zii aren't similar in methodology yet their results end up being similar. I don't really like either right now.

And agreed: next strip will most likely be another arc or scene. I would assume Zii receiving a notification on her phone and watching Angel & Yuki & Sonya jamming an impolite farewell to Zii. Or Didi remembering she has to go to wrestling school. Although I would like to know what happened after Tracy & Gary's date.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm
Having Angel dump his drummer, and the way he relished doing it, is just plain cruel.
It's transparently obvious that there was bad blood between Angel and that drummer. The guy wasn't up to snuff; even Yuki could tell that. (She only needed to listen for a few seconds, too.) I can easily picture long practice sessions with Angel and Terry constantly bickering -- Angel telling Terry he needs to work on his skills, Terry boasting that there wasn't anyone better than him...
Frankly, one can't blame Angel. It must be a big relief to get rid of the guy.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm
Her defection isn't unthinkable, but I would have hoped she would have tried to talk some sense into Zii.
Talk... some... sense? We are talking about Yuki here, aren’t we? In many ways the most deranged of this whole demented crew? Face it — it’s a fair sign of her progress that she’s holding any somewhat rational conversations about this with anyone, rather than just going round to visit DiDi (or Zii) with an axe. The idea of her staging a calm intervention with Zii here is ... somewhat out of character.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.