2017-09-19 A woman like me only who isn't me

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

AlexDenton

Re: 2017-09-19 A woman like me only who isn't me

Post by AlexDenton »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:48 pm
And I didn't think of Ingrid as being very similar to Sandra, but I guess Sandra saying that puts Cammi neatly on the spot.
I don't think Sandra means that Ingrid is like her. The turn of phrase she used makes me think she doesn't like that Cammy is dating another woman period. She sounds a bit jealous. But I could be wrong.
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sandra’s speech bubble, third frame. “I see you’re on a date... with a woman, like me... only who isn’t me...”

The only ways I can parse that is that Sandra is on a date with a woman (which she obviously isn’t), or that Ingrid is somehow like Sandra.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I read it as meaning that, like Sandra, Ingrid is also a woman. I see it as Sandra just trying to get her mind wrapped around the sight of Cammi dating another woman. I don't think it goes any deeper than that.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay. I guess that just about works. The idea that even a startled Sandra would feel obliged to point out that she herself is a woman seems a bit weird, but I guess that may be all she means.

(The other question might be how she could tell that the other two were on a date. Surely, even Cammi can give someone a lift on her bike without it automatically being a date. It seems like a scene being slightly overly compressed here.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Azrael wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:52 pm
I read it as meaning that, like Sandra, Ingrid is also a woman. I see it as Sandra just trying to get her mind wrapped around the sight of Cammi dating another woman. I don't think it goes any deeper than that.
Correct ^^

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:55 pm
(The other question might be how she could tell that the other two were on a date. Surely, even Cammi can give someone a lift on her bike without it automatically being a date. It seems like a scene being slightly overly compressed here.)
Yeah, this one puzzled me as well. Maybe in this 'verse, anyone being seen with anyone else automatically means it's a date. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)