Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

07-11-17 See other people

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 07-11-17 See other people

Post by Hogan »

I’ve said it before and I will say it again... RUN Gary! The Universe IS out to get you... :-/

But yeah, he does ask the right question in the last panel... anyone who can jump in and pretend to be his girlfriend to keep those two off his heels?

Sorry Tracy, I just sunk your ship in my harbour...

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Now where did I put those facepalm .jpegs.....

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Oh this is going to get interesting \:d/ :))
eeeek!

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

It's easy, Gary.

One simple world. One simple syllable. Two letters. One consonant. One vowel.

You can do it, Gary. Dig down deep! Tell them no! Don't be a damn door mat NO LONGER!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I take back what I said earlier about Tracy.

Gary, tell them both to go to Hell.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

So, obviously Tracy and James are still together, and now are undertaking some bizarre sexual play - while trying to drag Gary into it to make it more "passionate."
Tracy almost apologises, but then undermines it entirely by the fact that she and James are propositioning Gary into basically the same damn threesome dilemma again, only with more steps and drama added (for their own benefit, of course).

Gary's inner musing seems to suggest he still has strong passive problems: he doesn't vocalise his disdain, but was silent or inaudible when incredulity was his token response to any outlandish request; instead of actively opposing any such trap, he would idly go with the flow, in spite of whining ineffectually. Anyways, we all know this - the point is, I'm just hoping he won't regress and his new backbone will be sturdy enough to reject the clearly unhealthy exercise in delusion.

I don't mind Gary listening, since he is not the one to interrupt anyone, but I sincerely hope he rejects them both; well, if he merely stammers enough to delay them for someone like Yuki to barge in, e.g. dive tackles him, "Molester-san, I don't see tentacles anymore~! Yata!"
Even a spiteful, scheming Sonya could drop by, almost anything would be preferable to losing actual character growth in Gary... or at least help avoid the idiots and their pseudo-domination sexploitation.

Anyways, usual kudos to the artwork: managed to display Tracy and James' "apologetic" expressions, as well as their quick-following subtle displays of arousal. I dislike them more with each subsequent appearance, but credit for making them seem like they have emotions. Aha...

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

Entrapment.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Gary, just tell a little white lie and say you have a girlfriend and you want to stay faithful to her. How hard is that?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

bejammin2000 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am
It's easy, Gary.

One simple world. One simple syllable. Two letters. One consonant. One vowel.
Personally, I'd append "...and grow up." But everyone has their personal style.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:18 am
So, obviously Tracy and James are still together, and now are undertaking some bizarre sexual play - while trying to drag Gary into it to make it more "passionate."
Well, they think they've broken up. But you're right; they haven't really. They just have a relationship that's heated by friction.

(What is it with people in the Ma3 universe? First Yuki and Sonya, then Zoé and Domenico, and now this. Am I missing out in reality by not engaging in deranged hate sex? It always sounds like dangerous hard work to me.)
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Gary's inner musing seems to suggest he still has strong passive problems: he doesn't vocalise his disdain, but was silent or inaudible when incredulity was his token response to any outlandish request; instead of actively opposing any such trap, he would idly go with the flow, in spite of whining ineffectually.
Well, when someone seems to be directing selfish insanity at one, it's only sensible to think it through for a second before saying anything; one might be misunderstanding, and they may not be as bad as first appears. But yes, ideally, that last thought bubble should be a speech bubble.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
I don't mind Gary listening, since he is not the one to interrupt anyone, but I sincerely hope he rejects them both...
I think that, to close this out without making an uncomfortable work environment, Gary needs to somehow make these two think about their relationship, rather than using him as a chew toy. If Tracy stops wimping out and tells James about her second job, and they sort out some kind of friends-with-benefits arrangement while James explores his new-found bisexuality, which hopefully might help James get his head straight so he can lay off the fauxminism... They might work around to something quite happy.

But finding a spine doesn't make Gary a qualified couples therapist, of course.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Anyways, usual kudos to the artwork: managed to display Tracy and James' "apologetic" expressions, as well as their quick-following subtle displays of arousal.
Agreed, of course.
samtheman wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Gary, just tell a little white lie and say you have a girlfriend and you want to stay faithful to her. How hard is that?
NonononoNO! This is a comedy universe; "little white lies" always lead to far more trouble in the near future. And Gary of all people should know that.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

Oh please! Even if Gary did say yes of his own wishes, those two would end up having angry sex on the side, if only because Gary is clearly NOT one for angry bed shennanigans.

So, In one side, if Gary simply said no in a clear-cut but decent manner, that would be enough to make me pop up a wine bottle and toast to his fictional growing up.

On the other hand, if they took a couple strips so Gary could start by saying he's not gay and explain the grapefruit thing -because let's face it, at this point we all deserve to see James's reaction (art-wise particularly) to that little nugget of information- and then see Tracy jump to conclusions of victory only to (hopefully) be stopped by Gary in mid-sentence, then that's it. I'm hosting a party :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: (does anyone else in this forum lives here in Costa Rica by any chance?)

Bonus points if this ends with James asking Tracy where can he get himself a grapefruit.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Well clearly, Gary should refer them to Kylie.

It’s a shame he has to say no because I would like to see James, annoying as he is, exploring his bisexuality openly and honestly, but I expect the purpose of this volume is not only to show character growth but also to eliminate all the possible faux ménage a 3s dangling in the plot lines until the real long term one is left. Alternately, the cast could be rearranged in nothing but ménage a 3s, which would be implausible but funny.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Personally, I don’t want to see nothing but final threesomes, or even final pairings. Some of the cast will, in my opinion, look happiest at the end if they’re unattached.

Sonya’s character arc, for example, has been all about discovering that the world is bigger than she thought, and that she doesn’t have to define herself in conventional terms. She fixated on Zii, because Zii set her on the path, but even she now knows that was a mistake. She’ll be far happier for the next few years if she lives life on her own terms, gives the finger to people who try to control her, and wanders around creating a little drama and threatening a few other people’s peace of mind.

Though I hope she preserves her platonic friendship with Peggy, who also doesn’t need a final relationship. Peggy is a strong woman who makes the world a better place by being herself, and who doesn’t need the added complications of a serious relationship. And likewise, Ruby deserves to become the free agent she dreams of being (and could certainly do better than Andy, long term). There may be others.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

someone

Post by someone »

"We realized we were wrong to fight over you, so we decided to fight over you."

There's only two possible reactions to that: tell them both to [s]go get f-[/s] have make-up sex, or optionally go out with Tracy because Gary is rather low on the Kinsey scale and let's be honest, independently of sexual preferences, Tracy has a much nicer personality.

If Gary tries to avoid hurting James' feelings by giving a non-committal non-answer like he seems to be doing, then he'll be back to being a doormat. Of course, that might work out for him, losing all the manliness he had acquired and getting them to leave him alone. But it'll be a lot less satisfying than a firm "no".

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

Gary should introduce them to Sonya.

She's hot, trying to get over Zii and (Bonus) loves stupid relationship drama. It'd be a match made in Heaven.

Remo Williams,

The Master of Sinanju.