Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-09-15 Cool, big sisterly thing

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift

Re: 2017-09-15 Cool, big sisterly thing

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, so Sandra manages to described what just happened in such a way that Zoé will continue to fail to focus on the actual root cause of the ongoing situation...

I do like the running Sandra in panel 4. Clearly, that time in the gym has paid off.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Good thing too, 'cause looks like that will save her very life. Right this instant.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Ah, Zoé. I was wondering how you'd manage to continue your streak of phenomenal stupidity and incompetence in the wake of such obvious evidence as to what is really going on, but you didn't disappoint.

Come to think of it, now that Gary is finally becoming a man over at Ma3, maybe Zoé is just stepping up to fill the "hopeless loser" shoes he's vacating?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

How is there "obvious evidence" as to what's really going on? We know because we're seeing it happen, Zoe doesn't...

To Zoe right now, she sees Marie going to someone else to get model jobs. She doesn't know it's Eva nor does she know that it's part of a ploy to bring her down. For all she knows, this is just someone who scouted Marie and decided to give Marie everything up front.

She sees Sandra failing her audition because Sandra threaten to set fire to the audition director's plants. She doesn't know that Marie spectacularly bombed her audition (nor does Sandra cos Sandra only heard from Marie that she failed and set a ficus on fire, but for all Sandra knows, this might just be Marie's low self esteem), she only knows Sandra "screwed up" (in quotes cos Sandra did nail the audition but due to the Director choosing Marie, they both think she screwed up)

Where is the part that should be "obvious evidence" as to what's really going on?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Ah, so Sandra manages to described what just happened in such a way that Zoé will continue to fail to focus on the actual root cause of the ongoing situation...

I do like the running Sandra in panel 4. Clearly, that time in the gym has paid off.
Living Tatiana helps too.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Sandra should really say "But it worked for Marie." Then Zoe may get an idea of what really happened :p

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

THE GODDESS ZOE IS ANGRY!!! BEWARE, FOOLISH MORTALS!!!
;))

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:44 am
Sandra should really say "But it worked for Marie." Then Zoe may get an idea of what really happened :p
This...

This would be obvious evidence if it was mentioned.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Eisu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm
Where is the part that should be "obvious evidence" as to what's really going on?
I agree, but my question is: "why is anger Zoé's reaction to almost everything that happens?" When does she actually manage things in reasonable fashion, instead of blowing her top?

And why didn't Sandra simply explain that it was Marie who trashed the set? Both of them are making Eva's job easier for her.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, as much as Sandra is one of my favorite's in the Me3verse, she's not exactly the smartest and I'd even say less than selfless when she was in Me3.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

KittyHat wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm
Ah, Zoé. I was wondering how you'd manage to continue your streak of phenomenal stupidity and incompetence in the wake of such obvious evidence as to what is really going on, but you didn't disappoint.

Come to think of it, now that Gary is finally becoming a man over at Ma3, maybe Zoé is just stepping up to fill the "hopeless loser" shoes he's vacating?
Seems like you missed what was shown on this strip. Sandra was the one that left out several important details to the story.

So how is this evidence of Zoé's "phenomenal stupidity"? You're really reaching with this one, especially since Sandra didn't explain in detail what happened.
Eisu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm
How is there "obvious evidence" as to what's really going on? We know because we're seeing it happen, Zoe doesn't...

To Zoe right now, she sees Marie going to someone else to get model jobs. She doesn't know it's Eva nor does she know that it's part of a ploy to bring her down. For all she knows, this is just someone who scouted Marie and decided to give Marie everything up front.

She sees Sandra failing her audition because Sandra threaten to set fire to the audition director's plants. She doesn't know that Marie spectacularly bombed her audition (nor does Sandra cos Sandra only heard from Marie that she failed and set a ficus on fire, but for all Sandra knows, this might just be Marie's low self esteem), she only knows Sandra "screwed up" (in quotes cos Sandra did nail the audition but due to the Director choosing Marie, they both think she screwed up)

This, exactly!
Gotoh wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 am

I agree, but my question is: "why is anger Zoé's reaction to almost everything that happens?" When does she actually manage things in reasonable fashion, instead of blowing her top?
Are you unfamiliar with frustration or something? Zoe only reacts with frustration when it comes to Sandra and the why should be obvious if you keep up with this strip.

The "why" in this strip is particularly obviously, if not straight up blatant. She's mad, because Sandra made it sound like she sabotaged her own audition. An audition Zoe probably set up herself.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 am
Are you unfamiliar with frustration or something? Zoe only reacts with frustration when it comes to Sandra and the why should be obvious if you keep up with this strip.
There's a difference between "frustration" and "anger management" issues. Frustrated people don't have doors kicked down when they have a key, for example.
Cortez wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 am
The "why" in this strip is particularly obviously, if not straight up blatant. She's mad, because Sandra made it sound like she sabotaged her own audition. An audition Zoe probably set up herself.
Did you even look at what I typed? I wasn't just talking about this particular instance. Zoé's reaction to damn near everything is anger, regardless whether she's dealing with Sandra, Domenico, or Marie. She blows her stack at Cammi too, but Cammi is the only one who doesn't seem to care.

So I ask again: "why is anger Zoé's reaction to almost everything that happens?" And when does she actually manage things in reasonable fashion?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 am
And why didn't Sandra simply explain that it was Marie who trashed the set? Both of them are making Eva's job easier for her.
Cos Sandra knows that Zoe's mad at Marie and is trying to protect Marie as her friend. That's why when she accidentally mentioned Marie's name, she said "Oops"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Eisu: Okay, fair enough.