Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-09-08 I set his ficus on fire

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift

Re: 2017-09-08 I set his ficus on fire

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, so Eva has likely been pulling very hard on some strings. But will nobody think of the poor weeping fig?

Also, is it just me, or are Sandra’s freckles especially pronounced here? (It’s probably just me.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Well Marie getting the job was just about the only outcome that made any narrative sense in terms of Eva's plot even if it does stretch credulity pretty much to the snapping point that she'd have got any kind of job after the disastrous audition.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I’m sure that someone can make some excuse. “She showed great ... character. And energy!”
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Although it most likely has to do with Eva pulling the strings on the background, I'd also not be surprised if Marie got the part because "she burnt that ficus in ways I've never yet seen before!", therefore attracting the attention of some eccentric TV producer.

I mean, the world of SoTR (and Ma3, etc) is filled with eccentric persons in positions of power, so I can definitely see someone getting interested in Marie the very same way Domenico got so into Sandra in the first place.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, congrats everyone. Someone pick up that phone, because we all called it. The only thing to see now is how this will impact on Sandra and Marie's friendship.

Oh, heads up: The preview image for this strip is wonky. It's gone back to a way old version. Thought you'd like to know.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Yeah, I have no idea why they're showing the old one. I keep on re-uploading the new preview image and yet it's still showing the old image instead and I have no idea why.

Supposed to be showing this:
latest_sotr_Fh.png
latest_sotr_Fh.png (17.81 KiB) Viewed 7978 times
But the damn image refuse to update to this even though I keep on re-uploading to the correct area every time. I dunno why.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I expect it's because the Powers-that-Be in this universe decided that after all the groan-inducing inconvenience that resulted in the forums constantly malfunctioning, it was time for the comic-hosting websites to follow suit. Or something like that.

EDIT: Good news, everyone! The preview image has been fixed! And yet the Dangerously Chloe! one remains unchanged! Starting to wonder about that, honestly.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am
I expect it's because the Powers-that-Be in this universe decided that after all the groan-inducing inconvenience that resulted in the forums constantly malfunctioning, it was time for the comic-hosting websites to follow suit. Or something like that.
I assume that Pixietrix buy all their hosting services from the same place, complete with forum and other software facilities, and that provider has recently undergone some kind of shake-up/upgrade that just didn’t bloody work very well.

I’d hope that someone from Pixietrix has been on the phone yelling at them a lot these last few weeks. But that can only accomplish so much.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I would think Zoe would be able to figure out what's happened here and be able to inform Sandra of it.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:44 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am
I assume that Pixietrix buy all their hosting services from the same place, complete with forum and other software facilities, and that provider has recently undergone some kind of shake-up/upgrade that just didn’t bloody work very well.

I’d hope that someone from Pixietrix has been on the phone yelling at them a lot these last few weeks. But that can only accomplish so much.
True, but semi-recently Don tried to ban a rather rude user and ended up locking the whole forum out, including himself and the comics creators themselves. Fortunately for me I slept through that storm but still. I learned enough about website design to know you have to watch for these things like a hawk before a website goes live or bad things will inevitably happen.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Everyone hated that darn ficus plant, anyway…
:p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes, that ficus plant really had it coming!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)