Dangerously Chloe 16-10-17 What it means to be a Succubus

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 16-10-17 What it means to be a Succubus

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddi and Alchemy have some scintillating pillow talk after their late night tryst!

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 16-10-17 What it means to be a Succubus

Post by Varanus »

But again, what does Chloe actually think about any of this?!

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Well, we would know the answer to that if, you know, one of the characters actually told her. 8-|
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I have a feeling Alchemy would've done the same thing even in female form.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Keep hoping Teddy wises up and just leaves Chloe :p

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Actual character development? Though overshadowed by gratuitous T&A... Ugh, guess it is better than the previous times that were with Teddi's victims.
The fact that Teddi realised he became a slut (promiscuous isn't strong enough to cover it) is tonally unclear, especially with the lame "humph, men" joke. Meant to teach him to have empathy for Chloe? It seemed like he was already understanding and cared about her, so him becoming a faux succubus served nothing substantial.
Seems like the initial beginning of Teddi having sex with possibly every single one of his classmates and beyond was caused by failure to communicate with Chloe; I'm sure others have noted this, too. His supposed intellect apparently vanished when he became female (which has additional unfortunate implications), so we have all been stuck watching this smutty spiral, along with either aimless melodrama or boring gags.
Anyway, the expression of life being "the journey not the destination," bodes poorly for this comic because the journey has been so disappointing that no ending will make it worth it. Alas, poor Chloe's spin-off, how we had no idea how off the rails and away from the character it would end up being.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 am

Anyway, the expression of life being "the journey not the destination," bodes poorly for this comic because the journey has been so disappointing that no ending will make it worth it. Alas, poor Chloe's spin-off, how we had no idea how off the rails and away from the character it would end up being.
I wouldn't say exactly "no ending will make it worth it". Granted, this arc of the story is boring as heck in my opinion and I'm pretty sure a myriad of the other readers can relate to my feelings, but I don't think DC is doomed or whatevs.

I just hope this whole melodrama ends already, Chloe punches her V Card, Teddi becomes Teddy again, and we can return to less fetish-fueled bland shenanigans. Hell, when was the last time we saw Naomi?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Actual character development?
Where? =))

Teddy realizes he was a slut for no reason; but now thinks he can understand succubus more because of it - because, after all is said and done, he can relate to how succubus like sex so much? Who the Hell does he think he's kidding? Teddy knew what a succubus was about long before his forced sex change; he didn't need to be slammed by the majority of the jocks (and roughly half a dozen girls) in order to figure out that sex was amazing for succubus and - though he mentioned doing all this to save Chloe - somehow seems to be oblivious to the fact that all the sex a succubus has also comes down to survival needs. And yet, the real horror of lining up a jock for a horrific death still hasn't sunk into that bubble headed thick skull of his; what with Teddy being too focused on wallowing in self pity for needlessly slutting it up just so he could be Chloe's hero; and still simultaneously patting himself on the back because he would have done the same thing even if he was aware that the odds were slim from the get go (which - he had been well aware of; as Pandora made it clear mortals surviving virgin succubus sex were a thing of legends; meaning, the chances of the mortal surviving were slim to none).

So, no - try as the writer might, I'm still not empathizing with Teddy. He's still being a incorrigible dumbass. :ymtongue:

And, now that this pointless exposition has been published, can we PLEASE! turn the focus of this comic back to Chloe - you know, the character the comic is NAMED AFTER!? Teddy as a shameless Chloe clone doesn't cut it!
Last edited by Fluffy on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that the authors ran out of ideas for Chloe a while back and had to find a way to keep the comic going without her.
Hence the completely pointless last arc and the dreadful "it was all a prank" punchline.

Basically the whole story line has become filler just to keep the comic alive for a long as possible. Which would be fine if it was still being as entertaining and original as when it first started but sadly it's a long way from that.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I miss the Chloe from MC, specifically the one who wore doom panties. At least she looked like Chloe and fit in with the rest of the cast. This Chloe seems older and way too out of touch. And now she's a hormone monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U11H-3j3Ho
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Unfortunately, we don't know how bad Chloe hormones affect her; considering we've barely seen her since she's entered phase two (two years ago - comic run time wise).

Worst we've seen is mopey.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

JTheCreator wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm
I miss the Chloe from MC, specifically the one who wore doom panties.
Chloe was from EC, not MC.

tbh, she always seemed like more of a side character to me, even during the Chloe-zombie incident. She was basically a damsel in distress who wound up being saved by Layla and Nina. The Doompanties arc was about the only time she actually took an active role (that I can recall) and, even then, the situation wound up being resolved by Layla again.

So I was surprised when Chloe got her own comic, except she she's practically become a recurring extra. Hopefully, that'll change, but for now, she's still just sort of "there," imo. :-??

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Difference being that she was an side character in EC - so, it made sense that she wasn't the main focus in most of the story lines.

But this is DC - a comic named after her. It used to involve her as the main character; but ever since the conclusion of the Valentine's Day arc, Chloe has been reduced to - not even a side character - but a guest character in her own comic.

For the last two years, it's been largely focused on Teddy and his sexual misadventures, Pandora's pranks and Abby's obsession with having a big chest/being an overall nuissance - with Chloe popping in every once in a blue moon to remind us why Teddy's been doing what he's been doing all this time.

It's high time that the writers move away from Teddy (because who honestly gives a flying fig about him, anymore?) and put Chloe back into the spotlight, where she belongs.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Actual character development?
Where? =))

Teddy realizes he was a slut for no reason; but now thinks he can understand succubus more because of it - because, after all is said and done, he can relate to how succubus like sex so much? Who the Hell does he think he's kidding? Teddy knew what a succubus was about long before his forced sex change; he didn't need to be slammed by the majority of the jocks (and roughly half a dozen girls) in order to figure out that sex was amazing for succubus and - though he mentioned doing all this to save Chloe - somehow seems to be oblivious to the fact that all the sex a succubus has also comes down to survival needs. And yet, the real horror of lining up a jock for a horrific death still hasn't sunk into that bubble headed thick skull of his; what with Teddy being too focused on wallowing in self pity for needlessly slutting it up just so he could be Chloe's hero; and still simultaneously patting himself on the back because he would have done the same thing even if he was aware that the odds were slim from the get go (which - he had been well aware of; as Pandora made it clear mortals surviving virgin succubus sex were a thing of legends; meaning, the chances of the mortal surviving were slim to none).

So, no - try as the writer might, I'm still not empathizing with Teddy. He's still being a incorrigible dumbass. :ymtongue:

And, now that this pointless exposition has been published, can we PLEASE! turn the focus of this comic back to Chloe - you know, the character the comic is NAMED AFTER!? Teddy as a shameless Chloe clone doesn't cut it!

Um, sorry for triggering you. Aha, well, even if it was an insignificant realisation of Teddi knowing he has been a slut and nothing else, it is still more character development than we've seen for ages. Granted, I wholly think it is underwhelming development.
I agree with your points, too, by the way... Also, I think I mentioned some similar ones in my original post.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Difference being that she was an side character in EC - so, it made sense that she wasn't the main focus in most of the story lines.

But this is DC - a comic named after her. It used to involve her as the main character; but ever since the conclusion of the Valentine's Day arc, Chloe has been reduced to - not even a side character - but a guest character in her own comic.

For the last two years, it's been largely focused on Teddy and his sexual misadventures, Pandora's pranks and Abby's obsession with having a big chest/being an overall nuissance - with Chloe popping in every once in a blue moon to remind us why Teddy's been doing what he's been doing all this time.

It's high time that the writers move away from Teddy (because who honestly gives a flying fig about him, anymore?) and put Chloe back into the spotlight, where she belongs.

Even guest character is a bit of a stretch at this point, since Chloe's brief cameos don't even seem fitting to her character (maybe some allowance on being affected by her succubus hormones, but when she isn't, she doesn't seem like... Chloe).

The focus on Teddy, or rather Teddi, seems like an attempt to *avoid* typical rom com tropes (e.g. moving focus away from "main girl"), however, it - for me, anyway - has been a failure; the perversion (verb) of Teddi's personality and Pandora-centric - for lack of a better word - "plots" feel like a misguided attempt to be *different.* Ultimately, it still ends up feeling tired, and lacks even the simple enjoyment of following tried and true story structures (though, this is mostly my conjecture).