Re: 2017-08-29 Head-to-Head

Post by Eisu »

sparky wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 am
Eisu wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:47 pm
TwoWayStar wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 pm
*mutters in irritation* i always have to go to MA3 or Dangerously Chloe in order to get to the forum. Why is SOTR page still so broken when the rest have been fixed?
I don't know why it's still not fixed yet but, at the bottom of the page, there is actually a link to this Forum that works. And it's not a long scroll to the bottom too.
I don't think that the distance is the problem, it's that it isn't on the main menu. People see that, click it, and it doesn't work. We then assume that it's totally broken like the archive. There's no reason for anyone to scroll down so no one does and we don't see any other links. As far as we know the site is kind of a broken mess right now. Maybe remove the bar at the top and make the one at the bottom more noticeable? Put some kind of instruction near there to tell us to scroll down?
I am INFORMING you all right now that there are links at the bottom of the page. I'm not telling you, "Pshhaw, you didn't see the link at the bottom of the page?", that's what I'm doing. You're making it sound like I'm saying you guys are supposed to know this. The part where I'm saying it's not a long scroll to the bottom is just saying, "and it's quite easy to get to" kinda thing, not saying "You guys should've scrolled down"

My post is just to inform, not to berate.

Also, I'm not the guy to go to to change the website and all, I just draw the comics. I have no hand in the construction of the website itself.

brasca

Post by brasca »

KittyHat wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 pm
I lay the blame for this squarely on Zoé's shoulders. Marie is too naive with respect to the business to be fairly blamed for whatever transpires, as is Sandra. This was Zoé's job, right here: making sure to provide the proper guidance and protection, precisely because she knows that there are predatory people like Eva out there. And when the time came to do it? All she did was yell a lot and then storm off. #-o

You had one job, Zoé! X(

And what really, really irks me about it is that somehow, I just can't see the comic punishing her for it or showing her to have screwed up. That is, she did screw up, and royally at that, but I can't see the comic ever treating that as being the case.
Zoe previously told Marie she has potential and while she was thankful she didn't express any interest with getting involved in modeling beyond what she's already doing with Sandra. However, since Zoe discovered her she thought Marie would go to her first if she wanted to start modeling professionally only to see her on the cover of a magazine which is quite the career leap. Marie may have potential, but Zoe knew she'd need some work before she'd get a deal like this so she's not pleased that she signed up with a rival agency that will probably use and dispose of her. Yes, she should've asked who approached her, but this is a farce so miscommunication is the order of the day.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Wait, the plan was just to pit them against each other? I'm relieved, I kept thinking about much darker things for some reason. It's cool, should be funny :)
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

dmra

Post by dmra »

It may be more cunning than that.

Eva did a voice over earlier where she said that buzz on the street was that Marie was a shoe in.

If Eva has fixed it so that Marie will win - and the clearing out of the room suggests she has - then Sandra will see Marie getting a job she wanted which could turn her against Zoe and towards Eva who might seem to be a better prospect as a manager/agent. At the very least it's likely to cause tension between Zoe and Sandra.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If Eva has rigged this casting — and we don’t know that yet, either way — then she must logically be burning through favours in the Parisian media world at a hell of a rate.

If logic applies to this comic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

That's quite a big "if".

If it isn't part of Eva's plot then it's an amazingly convenient turn of events that only Sandra and Marie were left after the initial sift. But time will tell if it's part of her plan or down to making life easy for the artist by getting rid of the background crowd.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I guess it's just for the sake of the joke.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lukas happened to be in that bar when Lavali and Sandra lurched in. Then she happened to be on that shoot when the crying Marie ran past, close enough for her to recognise. Then, when Zoé went ballistic at Marie, Zoé somehow neglected to ask who had got Marie that cover.

Eva is being drawn as convincingly cunning and sneaky. But she’s also benefitted from a lot of dumb comedy luck. It’s entirely possible that this is just another example of that. We just have to wait and see.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am
Anyhow, Marie's confidence was clearly running very high before she walked into this room; she's flashing enough midriff and thigh to embarrass a stripper. And Eisu's having some fun with fill patterns today.
It's actually not the first time she's worn this particular number. She seemed to be a fan.
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ok_so_posh

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
And Eisu's having some fun with fill patterns today.
I just remembered I wanted to coment on this... I did have some fun with the patterns but the one on the "Director's" scarf is actually just gradients then I cross-hatched on top of it with white ^o^ That was not just a fill pattern and I might regret it in the future as I'll have to duplicate that again ^o^

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

LonestarF1 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Anyhow, Marie's confidence was clearly running very high before she walked into this room; she's flashing enough midriff and thigh to embarrass a stripper. And Eisu's having some fun with fill patterns today.
It's actually not the first time she's worn this particular number. She seemed to be a fan.
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ok_so_posh
I posted that strip to prove that Marie is more British than talking about the weather while waiting in a line to buy cod and chips, and i didn't pay attention to the clothes :))

BTW, from that same night i found another of her British sayings...

Cor blimey!
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, I think that Marie is an American who was kidnapped as an infant and forced to watch Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins on continuous loop for a week.
---------
Spidrift

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Well, Marie, there's nothing for it. Smack Sandra a few times and you'll be back to Confident Supermodel Mode in a jiff! :)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 am
Actually, I think that Marie is an American who was kidnapped as an infant and forced to watch Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins on continuous loop for a week.
Also, Oliver Twist :D

She is originally from Alabama though, so before that incident she said "That’s gooder’n grits y'all"
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Sigh... More than half a year later, and nothing's changed concerning the linkless banner... :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)