Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-08-29 Head-to-Head

Post by Eisu »

LegendaryKroc

Re: 2017-08-29 Head-to-Head

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, that was a hell of a coincidence. Who wants to bet this is somehow Eva's doing, too? It just seems too contrived to be anything else.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Well considering that they look nothing alike whatsoever, yeah. I expect either Zoe or her gay henchman guy is somewhere nearby.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or it's comedy. Eva's plotting has been running on a combination of evil cleverness and dumb luck; why should that stop now? But we'll see.

Anyhow, Marie's confidence was clearly running very high before she walked into this room; she's flashing enough midriff and thigh to embarrass a stripper. And Eisu's having some fun with fill patterns today.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish, you may regret it
Careful what you wish, you just might get it
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Talk about awkward. And it'll only get worse if one of them doesn't bow out right this minute.

I wonder how many RL friendships between models and actors have been ruined due to this very circumstance? Especially if they're both struggling and/or one of them gets their big break from that role they were both trying for?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Probably some, but I doubt that most people would last very long in those businesses if they let that get to them. And I imagine that we’ve all seen a friend win a prize that we really wanted, once or twice.

(SDB had a similar scene one time, come to think of it. But I’m also remembering the end of Withnail and I.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

I lay the blame for this squarely on Zoé's shoulders. Marie is too naive with respect to the business to be fairly blamed for whatever transpires, as is Sandra. This was Zoé's job, right here: making sure to provide the proper guidance and protection, precisely because she knows that there are predatory people like Eva out there. And when the time came to do it? All she did was yell a lot and then storm off. #-o

You had one job, Zoé! X(

And what really, really irks me about it is that somehow, I just can't see the comic punishing her for it or showing her to have screwed up. That is, she did screw up, and royally at that, but I can't see the comic ever treating that as being the case.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

:)) :)) :))
Well, I wonder if Sandra and Marie would be any happier if the exact opposite had happened- if they had been the only two who were rejected. :-?

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*mutters in irritation* i always have to go to MA3 or Dangerously Chloe in order to get to the forum. Why is SOTR page still so broken when the rest have been fixed?

Euggh here we go!!!!! Cant wait to see how this plays out!!!!!!!!

sparky

Post by sparky »

I wonder how long it will take for Marie to realize that she forgot to put on her pants/skirt/shorts today.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 pm
*mutters in irritation* i always have to go to MA3 or Dangerously Chloe in order to get to the forum. Why is SOTR page still so broken when the rest have been fixed?
I don't know why it's still not fixed yet but, at the bottom of the page, there is actually a link to this Forum that works. And it's not a long scroll to the bottom too.

sparky

Post by sparky »

I don't think that the distance is the problem, it's that it isn't on the main menu. People see that, click it, and it doesn't work. We then assume that it's totally broken like the archive. There's no reason for anyone to scroll down so no one does and we don't see any other links. As far as we know the site is kind of a broken mess right now. Maybe remove the bar at the top and make the one at the bottom more noticeable? Put some kind of instruction near there to tell us to scroll down?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that the archive no longer works and the site kept returning error messages yesterday... I think some serious repair work is in order.
---------
Spidrift