Dangerously Chloe 9-10-17 All for Nothing

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 9-10-17 All for Nothing

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddi learns from Pandora of what an incredible long shot her gambit was and that her efforts weren't completely wasted!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-10-17 All for Nothing

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

lincoln_muadib

Post by lincoln_muadib »

Well it's fairly obvious that the reason nothing happens to Pandora is that she's the absolute Author Avatar.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AuthorAvatar

"Yeah, we're going to make a male character virgin, we'll make him desire sex... And then he'll get it... But ONLY once he becomes a girl! And also, only has sex to help others, which he doesn't even want!
Of course if we did that to a female character it would be abuse, but since it's being done to a male character underneath, it's totally fine! Just when you think he'll get revenge, lol no!

"Prank Winner of the World", doing it "For the Lulz" indeed?

Yup, Pandora is the Author...

But we shouldn't be surprised, Giz does this in MA3 too...
"Let's have a girl that regularly assaults men... And nothing ever happens to her!"
"Let's have a Hopeless Virgin that finally gets sex... But let's make it that all the sex he's getting is Pegging so he's still a loser!"

Sad to say, but it really seems as if the authors have a serious chip on their shoulders. These recent story arcs are getting, if not misandrist, rather disturbing.

Imagine the story of Chloe feeling obliged to help out Teddy by whoring herself out to a whole school and doing a lot of things, some of which she didn't enjoy doing at all, in hope of saving Teddy, only for some smug male demon to say, "Sorry, that was all for nothing, LULZ!"

Still funny?

Or how about male demons working out how to find a woman to sleep with, knowing that the woman will die during sex, and all treating it like it's hilarious?

I hope the writers get over their issues because this is just... sad.
I hated Yuki before it was cool.

It may be the Word of Mua'dib, but it's not the Word of God!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well I wouldn't say it was all for nothing. Teddi lost her virginity to Alchemy so there's that. There's also Daisy and her gang. And the sex with the finalists was pretty intense. And let's not forget Teddi is more popular than when he was a boy so all things considered it wasn't that bad of a ride.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Time to quit futzing around, DeCarlo -- and to stop looking for a sacrificial human victim. Look for a cryptid who can survive the experience; crack a few books on the occult and start asking questions about alternatives now Pandora is in a rare ''helpful'' mood.

dmra

Post by dmra »

On the plus side Teddy might finally start thinking about asking the questions any normal human would have asked within five minutes of getting the news about Chloe. Things like what can I do? Is there anybody else who can help? What kind of "boyfriend" is likely to live through the experience? You know the kind of thing that would probably occur within seconds to somebody who prides himself on being good at putting things together.

And as soon as he does I can start telling myself that everything that happened between Chloe spilling the beans and Teddy asking some sensible questions was just a bad dream. A really really bad dream.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I was going to do an unwanted, long-winded rant about how it is grotesque that the once unknown and bullied Teddy couldn't become well-known and popular-ish for one of his actual attributes, but rather gains "popularity" for aimless promiscuity that he only was able to do by becoming a *hot chick* utterly different in body and personality.
Instead of elaborating, I think Joel and the Bots can speak for me: https://youtu.be/c8kUgHsKWJc (hell, the clip from the movie they're watching is a fairly accurate representation of this comic's state)

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

See, this is why I like Pandora. She can always find the silver lining in a bad situation! =)) =))
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am
On the plus side Teddy might finally start thinking about asking the questions any normal human would have asked within five minutes of getting the news about Chloe. Things like what can I do? Is there anybody else who can help? What kind of "boyfriend" is likely to live through the experience? You know the kind of thing that would probably occur within seconds to somebody who prides himself on being good at putting things together.
Quite unlikely in my estimation. Where would the fun be in acting logically? :p
In this kind of comic, the character only acts rationally if it makes the story funnier.
Well, and sometimes to drive the story forward a bit so it doesn't get mired in too much status quo.

dmra

Post by dmra »

"In this kind of comic, the character only acts rationally if it makes the story funnier."

Except this comic hasn't always been that kind of comic. For example prior to Teddy changing sex the characterisation was pretty consistent. He got into scrapes like going to Hell but he retained his intelligence and common sense. The boy who broke into a museum to check out the inner workings of a clockwork duck was always there. Lots of logic but also lots of fun and jokes.

Similarly he showed a strong romantic streak with his feelings for Jacqui and then Chloe.

Then suddenly all that consistency went out of the window for the current arc and we got somebody who, despite seeming to think they were some kind of intellectual giant who had all the answers, couldn't have solved a crossword clue where the answer was "dog". Not only that but he decided to sleep around with almost anybody who showed an interest in him or who might be useful to him without regard to their feelings for him or his for them.

I cared about the earlier Teddy but frankly don't give a monkey's for this incarnation. He can go to Hell and suffer eternal torment and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yeah - not feeling in this least bit sorry for Teddy right now. He brought this all upon himself by wanting to be Chloe's hero and jumping to conclusions instead of doing the rational thing and simply asking her what he could do to help her situation. And all he got out of it was the reputation of being the school's nubile tart.

Good job, Teddy! You've earned it! L-)
brasca wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:20 am
Well I wouldn't say it was all for nothing. Teddi lost her virginity to Alchemy so there's that. There's also Daisy and her gang. And the sex with the finalists was pretty intense. And let's not forget Teddi is more popular than when he was a boy so all things considered it wasn't that bad of a ride.
Yeah - only his newfound popularity and the majority of his sexy times came from taking advantage of a supernatural influence that made these people want him when they would normally want nothing to do with him; and Teddy is well aware of this fact (Al is the only exception to this). So, hardly something Teddy should be commended for/feel proud of. :-Q
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

I'm glad Teddi was upset by this I thought he was legit slut going into that final stretch. I do feel bad for him since it was a misunderstand that Pandora could have corrected a long time ago.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Pandora seems to think it wasn't a misunderstanding though, rather Teddy was just too optimistic about their chances of finding such a rare human.
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am
In Teddy's defense they did sort of cover this at the start, i.e. they went over the supernatural beings Teddy knows about and Pandora considered as being perfectly able to survive. Male demons were ruled out because they are unwilling to be with a virgin succubus, and male angels were ruled out because Chloe hates them.

dmra

Post by dmra »

True but Teddy concluding that a high school football player could survive what an incubus was afraid to experience was hardly sensible.

In the circumstances I'd have expected him to think about schemes for either tricking Chloe or an incubus rather than offering up a football jock as a potential human sacrifice. Either that of finding some way of magically altering a human to make it so they could survive the experience.