Eisu

2017-08-22 Jealous stares

Post by Eisu »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2017-08-22 Jealous stares

Post by 'J' »

Evil is sexy, isn't it Lavali?

Minor artistic critique: while the tan does look good on Marie & Eva, it's causing them to blend into the backgrounds. Narratively, that clashes with the idea that they are super-hot head turners. Ex: despite being pushed into the margin, Lavali actually 'pops' out of the last frame more than center-framed Eva. I suggest using lighter background shading to enhance the contrast with their skin.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It’s an intereting exercise in showing that alpha ... girls ... as made not born. Very Mean Girls. And I love how Lavali’s brain has been so completely reduced to mush by the sexy that she doesn’t notice she’s being interrogated for such curiously specific details.

Somebody should say “skin cancer” to both those two, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Maybe. But on the flip side, they're in no danger of vitamin D deficiency any time soon.
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:03 pm
It’s an intereting exercise in showing that alpha ... girls ... as made not born. Very Mean Girls. And I love how Lavali’s brain has been so completely reduced to mush by the sexy that she doesn’t notice she’s being interrogated for such curiously specific details.

Somebody should say “skin cancer” to both those two, though.
Maybe with Eva, but Marie's tan was sprayed on.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I did remember that she had a spray job, but it evidently isn’t coming off in the shower. Are modern artificial tans that good?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

ask the president
Yet still, I live...

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:03 pm
And I love how Lavali’s brain has been so completely reduced to mush by the sexy that she doesn’t notice she’s being interrogated for such curiously specific details.
I was thinking the exact same thing, you beat me to it! Hahahaha

But yeah, it's kind of surprising how Lavali - who imo was shaping up to be the sensible-with-common-sense Peggy of SotR - became such an easy target to have her strings pulled once a lady actually 'invested' on her. From the looks of it, she's not pursuing any other love interests either (wherever did Aaina go to?), so it seems that for her, the stuff she has with Eva is 'serious' for her.

That being said, does Lavali even _know_ Eva's name?

sparky

Post by sparky »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:55 pm
I did remember that she had a spray job, but it evidently isn’t coming off in the shower. Are modern artificial tans that good?
Maybe they are implying that there was a nude photo shoot after all? It would explain why she was so worried about Zoe. More than usual due to knowing that an angry Zoe is a force of nature.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Is it me, or does the shower-girl on the right have a badass face scar?
Yet still, I live...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

that's dripping water.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

sparky wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 pm
Maybe they are implying that there was a nude photo shoot after all?
I took it as simply implying that Marie had worn (or almost worn) a series of costumes, most of them very skimpy, so there were very few parts of her that hadn’t had enough exposure to get well tanned.
---------
Spidrift

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Eisu wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 am
that's dripping water.
aw. does it have to be? she could be a german exchange student.
Yet still, I live...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:18 am
sparky wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 pm
Maybe they are implying that there was a nude photo shoot after all?
I took it as simply implying that Marie had worn (or almost worn) a series of costumes, most of them very skimpy, so there were very few parts of her that hadn’t had enough exposure to get well tanned.
Yeah, no nude photoshoots were made. Only reason she's fully tanned was cos she was nude when she was spray tanned. Let's just say it still hasn't washed off due to it being industrial grade spray tan ^o^

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Eva continues to be impressive, yet somehow lacking... I suppose she's like iron, hard but brittle. Hurts for those that won't push back against her, like the twins.
Not so much when she clash with true steel like Zoe. I suspect that's why she caved when Zoe hit her with that nose-job comment.
Or rather, it does hurt even for those that push back when confronting her, but Eva is more likely to break from it rather than bend and recover.

I suspect her vindictive nature makes her victories fleeting and sooner or later one of her many enemies comes in to ruin her triumph or give her a new slight to obsess over.
Still, she's amusing to watch, even as a cautionary tale. :p