Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by Error of Logic »

I blame the current climate of unrest and fear due to economical, military and political events for the number of votes alt-right parties have been getting. When people are scared, they start turning to "us first"-groups -- or at least, groups that shout that message the loudest.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Absolutely. Though in Germany, economical troubles aren't really on the agenda since the country is, all in all, doing really well. Here, it's mostly the migration issue (and there, mostly dating back to 2015, since migration has strongly decreased since then), combined with the increase of terrorist attacks in especially France, and, finally, in Germany itself, so far culminating in the attack on the Berlin Christmas market last year.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Eh, still not the worst election results Germany's had.
Yet still, I live...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Don Alexander wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 pm
Absolutely. Though in Germany, economical troubles aren't really on the agenda since the country is, all in all, doing really well. Here, it's mostly the migration issue (and there, mostly dating back to 2015, since migration has strongly decreased since then), combined with the increase of terrorist attacks in especially France, and, finally, in Germany itself, so far culminating in the attack on the Berlin Christmas market last year.
Well, I meant worldwide factors. There's a lot of bad going on, and threat of worse, and nowadays people can find out about it rather easily even if it doesn't come into their home town.

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

Problem is, most Germans only vote for the problems in their hometown, mostly if they are not living in the big cities.
I am not realy ok with the AFD being that strong but calling them Nazis and the like wont help, its the wrong rethoric.
Be creative, invent a perversion.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Today we say farewell to Hugh Hefner. 91 and still getting more play than you.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I saw that. I think it's safe to say he lived a good life.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Azrael wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:47 am
Today we say farewell to Hugh Hefner. 91 and still getting more play than you.
Today, our cocks are at half-fast.

We squirt a six-dick salute.

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I saw that. I liken it to being stuck in quicksand. Willingly.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Tom Petty... Heartbreak. :(

RIP

And no comments on Vegas?
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

..... :|
ImageImage

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The Day of the Dead couldn't wait until the end of the month this year.

My heart goes out to all the people in Vegas, and the world is darker for the passing of a musical legend, Tom Petty. Here's my favorite Petty tune. Though we never met, maybe my road and his will cross.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

And last night, after Az's message, I had wanted to write "Remember Carrie Fisher..."
ImageImage