Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe what Teddi should be doing, is finding a way to trick an incubus or other male demon into doing the deed.
They'd at least heal from the mauling and would be FAR from any conception of innocent victims.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Even if Teddy had some form of access to an Incubus/demon - Pandora's already informed him that an incubus would run in terror the moment they laid eyes on Chloe; as they're well aware of what they're in for (in this case, we know Pandora is being honest in that regards because both she and Chloe told Abby that's how Incubus' react to virgin succubus when they were giving her the succubus version of the sex talk).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hence the need to trick one.
Or find one that is unhealthily masochistic.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 pm
tau neutrino wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 pm

How was it selfish? He agreed to get his pants back. Pandora was the one who selfishly initiated the whole thing with Naomi under the influence of the heavenly energy drink, including her trying to do the same thing with Teddy. Pandora even let it happen and filmed it. How's he supposed to know more than a succubus did?
That is besides the point. No one was holding a gun to Teddy's head; telling him he had to keep his promise to Lacy. Teddy actively asked her if she was serious about wanting to fondle his junk, and consciously chose to whisk her to his place to get a cheap thrill.

He may not have known what effect it would have on Chloe; but he's still partially responsible for Chloe's current state.
So you're condemning him for not breaking his promise and getting consent? Chloe's stated purpose was to find Teddy a girlfriend (that he'd presumably have sex with) so her pact with him would be broken. It's her responsibility for letting her condition deteriorate to this point.
brasca wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Yes, Teddy is a terrible person for deriving pleasure from getting to second base. 8-|
Wouldn't that be third base?
Fluffy wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:11 pm
What I'd personally do is encourage Chloe to go out and get herself laid, seeing as - as far as I'm aware - the contract doesn't specifically say that her virginity belongs to the pact maker. Random dudes would still end up dying; but at least I wouldn't be the one actively setting people I don't like up for slaughter.
Encouraging Chloe to kill random dudes would still be an accessory to murder. Teddi is expending vast effort to find someone who won't die. It seems obvious that Chloe has been putting it off since she can't bear the thought of killing anyone. Even if she could overcome that, she'd have innocent deaths on her conscience. Teddi's solution tries to avoid both her dying and becoming a murderer.
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:14 pm
brasca wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Teddi is doing the best she can with the resources she has and one of those, Pandora, is the most reliable.

So with all that being said what would you do if you found yourself in the same predicament.
Easy: tell Chloe to ask her mother.

It ain't rocket science. Adora is an older, more experienced succubus with a kid, so obviously her v-card's been punched. So she's already been through this. Ergo, if anyone could offer an alternative solution it'd be Adora.

If I were Teddy, my question to Chloe would be: "why not ask your mom?" and hand her the phone.
You would do that, but does Teddy even know that Adora exists?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:57 pm
Gotoh wrote:
If I were Teddy, my question to Chloe would be: "why not ask your mom?" and hand her the phone.
That's an asanine question. You don't have to know someone's parents personally, to know they must have parents.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chloe is a demon and Teddy did not get the demon talk.
For all he knows, succubi spring wholly formed from the essence of Hell.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Then he would simply have to ask if succubi have parents before suggesting asking them for help.

- "Got a mom or dad ?"
- "I've got a mom."
- "Well, why not ask her about all this ?"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: The closest you'll get to anything like that in the *C-verse is Mel, who may, or may not, have been magically created by the power that fused Ana and Dakota together. But she still has parents, regardless.

So even if Teddy thinks of Chloe as a Hellspawn, it's still safe for him to assume she has parents, unless she's told him otherwise.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm just saying, the kid knows squat about cryptids.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

tau neutrino wrote:
Chloe's stated purpose was to find Teddy a girlfriend (that he'd presumably have sex with) so her pact with him would be broken. It's her responsibility for letting her condition deteriorate to this point.
And, considering Teddy wants to help her, it's his responsibility to ask Chloe herself what he could do to help her; instead of getting all his information from Pandora - who has proven time and again not to be a reliable source and delights in making his life a literal Hell on Earth.

And sex isn't an integral part of being in a relationship; it's nice to have, but not an absolute requirement for a relationship to exist. If it were, that contract would have been void over the last chapter; considering how many times Teddy has been fornicating with his former bullies and their former girlfriends. In fact, when Chloe researched for loopholes to get out of this contract, it specially says that physical love (i.e. - sex) wouldn't be enough to void the contract. There needs to be a mutual, genuine bond between Teddy and his lover. If he had one of those in his life, that contract would be null and void (and Chloe back in Hell) long before they had sex.
Encouraging Chloe to kill random dudes would still be an accessory to murder. Teddi is expending vast effort to find someone who won't die.
And setting up a mortal male to have sex with a succubus wouldn't make Teddy accountable for the guy's death if his stupid plan proves to be a failure? At least by encouraging Chloe to find her own sacrifices, Teddy could claim blind ignorance if anyone dies - because, how do outside sources prove he was involved if he never helped to begin with? By actively seeking sacrifices, with many witnesses seeing him with the possible victims, if the guy should die, Teddy has implicated himself in a murder (or murders, if he needs get get more lovers for Chloe).

Teddy will be guilty of helping Chloe kill others, whether he helps Chloe out directly (as he thinks he's been doing) or standing aside and letting her handle her problem on her own (guilty by association). The only way to avoid the guilt is by having sex with her, himself - and we know that isn't going to happen, and - if it does - it'll probably be some cliched crap about the lengths they've mutually gone through to save each other's lives making them an official couple, which ends up voiding the contract.
It seems obvious that Chloe has been putting it off since she can't bear the thought of killing anyone.
And when was it ever established that Chloe doesn't want to kill anyone? Aside from her friends/classmates (when she was attending Charybdis) and Teddy (who she's bonded with), I can't recall Chloe ever being concerned about killing strangers.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm
tau neutrino wrote:
Gotoh wrote:
That's an asanine question. You don't have to know someone's parents personally, to know they must have parents.
True, but let's also ponder why Chloe hasn't called her mother. She's been lethargic, but not bedridden or comatose so why not call her? My theory is she knows what her mother will tell her to do or even do for her and that is find someone without any regard for their survival. She could've lost her virginity to any human, but she doesn't want to kill them. Chloe is a reluctant succubus. However, her species doesn't share that sentiment. Adora might have good relations with other cryptids, but only because she sees them as equals and not food. Ilsa's only concern is that if one of her students kills a human they cover it up neatly. And as for Pandora if she hadn't found an angel she'd probably have killed a human by now.

Yes, Teddi is putting a fellow human at risk, but at least he's choosing someone who can possibly survive the encounter.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm
@Error of Logic: The closest you'll get to anything like that in the *C-verse is Mel, who may, or may not, have been magically created by the power that fused Ana and Dakota together. But she still has parents, regardless.

So even if Teddy thinks of Chloe as a Hellspawn, it's still safe for him to assume she has parents, unless she's told him otherwise.
You're acting like Teddy is a reader of the webcomic. He has no idea who Mel is or how succubi are born.(They don't have living fathers for example.) Even if he knows she has a mother and she's still alive, Teddy has no idea whether she'd be willing to help. She sent her daughter to an academy that encouraged her to kill someone in the first place. When they were hiding in Hell, Chloe didn't ask her mother for help. (She doesn't live there, but Teddy doesn't know that.) For all he knows, any mother that Chloe has is as on board with usual succubus practices as Ilsa is. People only mention Adora because she's been presented as a sympathetic character. No one asks about getting help form Pandora's mother. Teddy has essentially been abandoned by his own parents, so other parental figures wouldn't be his first thought.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:45 pm
tau neutrino wrote:
Chloe's stated purpose was to find Teddy a girlfriend (that he'd presumably have sex with) so her pact with him would be broken. It's her responsibility for letting her condition deteriorate to this point.
And, considering Teddy wants to help her, it's his responsibility to ask Chloe herself what he could do to help her; instead of getting all his information from Pandora - who has proven time and again not to be a reliable source and delights in making his life a literal Hell on Earth.
Chloe hasn't been talking.
Fluffy wrote:
And sex isn't an integral part of being in a relationship; it's nice to have, but not an absolute requirement for a relationship to exist. If it were, that contract would have been void over the last chapter; considering how many times Teddy has been fornicating with his former bullies and their former girlfriends. In fact, when Chloe researched for loopholes to get out of this contract, it specially says that physical love (i.e. - sex) wouldn't be enough to void the contract. There needs to be a mutual, genuine bond between Teddy and his lover. If he had one of those in his life, that contract would be null and void (and Chloe back in Hell) long before they had sex.
I'm not saying it will fulfill the contract, just that he shouldn't be condemned for trying it. He might have gone on to start a relationship with Lacey.
Fluffy wrote:
Encouraging Chloe to kill random dudes would still be an accessory to murder. Teddi is expending vast effort to find someone who won't die.
And setting up a mortal male to have sex with a succubus wouldn't make Teddy accountable for the guy's death if his stupid plan proves to be a failure? At least by encouraging Chloe to find her own sacrifices, Teddy could claim blind ignorance if anyone dies - because, how do outside sources prove he was involved if he never helped to begin with? By actively seeking sacrifices, with many witnesses seeing him with the possible victims, if the guy should die, Teddy has implicated himself in a murder (or murders, if he needs get get more lovers for Chloe).

Teddy will be guilty of helping Chloe kill others, whether he helps Chloe out directly (as he thinks he's been doing) or standing aside and letting her handle her problem on her own (guilty by association). The only way to avoid the guilt is by having sex with her, himself - and we know that isn't going to happen, and - if it does - it'll probably be some cliched crap about the lengths they've mutually gone through to save each other's lives making them an official couple, which ends up voiding the contract.
He looks like Chloe now, so any witnesses could implicate him even if Chloe gets a victim without his involvement.He's trying to avoid any deaths, even if it exposes him to more legal liability, so shouldn't he be less exposed to condemnation?
Fluffy wrote:
It seems obvious that Chloe has been putting it off since she can't bear the thought of killing anyone.
And when was it ever established that Chloe doesn't want to kill anyone? Aside from her friends/classmates (when she was attending Charybdis) and Teddy (who she's bonded with), I can't recall Chloe ever being concerned about killing strangers.
Except for the Doompanties, Chloe has always been portrayed as a reluctant succubus, not wanting to break up strangers even when ordered to and facing dire consequences for losing.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm
Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm
You're acting like Teddy is a reader of the webcomic.
Everyone has parents. That's common sense, he doesn't need to read a comic to know that.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chloe. Is not. Human.
She's not even a terrestrial lifeform, but a demon from Hell, a known shapeshifter. Teddy was not enlightened as to her species' reproductive process.
Teddy may be inclined to believe she has a mother, but no reason to be certain. Especially as she has never come up in conversation.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:50 pm
Chloe. Is not. Human.
Which doesn't change anything. Animals aren't human either, but their offspring still have parents.

It's the same in sci-fi series and fantasy works, which often include nonhuman characters and all of them still have parents regardless. Even Link (a Hylian btw) and the Avatar have parents and both of them perpetually reincarnate. Hyppolita literally made Diana from clay, but she's still her mother.

So why would Teddy simply assume Chloe is an exception to that? Even if he has doubts about it, all he has to do is ask her.