Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
Gotoh
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 am

'J' wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:31 am
Yep, it sure is. You'd almost think he were literally a child or something. Maybe even one who'd been growing up without a male role-model to teach him any better.
Teddy doesn't need a role model to tell him a highschool jock isn't "legendarily" manly.
J wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:31 am
Let's try this:
Let's not, 'cuz it's a false equivalence. The scenario you describe requires a split-second decision, so in that instance, you're more likely to act on impulse.

Whereas Teddy has had ample time to deliberate on the situation and has put together a hairbrained scheme to set someone else up to be the potential victim. Teddy's age and lack of adult supervision doesn't justify what he's planning to do.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by brasca » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 am

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 am
Starphoenix wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 am
I've personally stopped reading the comic and just look at the forum.
Same. It's what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks.
You say that now, but when it turns out that the voice coming from the bedroom is none other than Ash from Magick Chicks I bet you'll stick around a little while.

I don't know if I'll be proven right, but I really want it to be Ash since he would indeed have the stamina to take a tumble with Chloe. Of course even with a nice resolution to this plot I can imagine there will be complaints that everything ended too simply. 8-|

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5707
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 am

It won't be Ash.
We haven't seen the cast go to a Chinese family restaurant and meet him and his sister yet.

Abby, just.... just go away. Have a sleepover with a friend or something. Just don't be here for a while.

I am not going to comment on Teddi's plan. It's all been said already.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am

'J' wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:31 am
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm
Teddy's impression is that, if a guy can last a few rounds of sexy times, then he's a manly man; which is an incredibly juvenile way to look at it, as it takes more than virility to make a man manly.
Yep, it sure is. You'd almost think he were literally a child or something. Maybe even one who'd been growing up without a male role-model to teach him any better.
I try not to think about Teddy's age; as it makes what he's been up to as of recent chapters all the more cringy. (I'm well aware teenagers have sex all the time - it's just not something most adults like to think about).

Let's try this: imagine a sniper just fired a shot at your best friend. Bullet-time sets in; you can see the round in midair, know it's going to hit her center-mass, but you can't move fast enough to pull her out of the way. What you can do is catch the bullet yourself, saving her at the cost of your own life. Or you could push the guy next to you in front of it, the guy who seems to be wearing body armor. It's certainly no guarantee that he'll survive, but it's more chance than you've got.

Just for fun, let's add in that armor-dude has been kicking your ass and making you miserable on a regular basis for months, if not years. And that your eternal soul just so happens to be damned to hell, so death is kind of a big deal for you at the moment.

How eager would you really be to make the hero sacrifice, when theres at least a possibility to save her without anybody dying? Would you really rather bet on your own 0% chance of survival than armor-dude's something%.
Okay, I'll play along.

You'd probably be surprised that I'd still throw myself into harm's way; because I have this pesky thing called a moral code, where if I'm in a situation where a loved one is in danger and I have a choice on risking my own life in order to save them or tricking someone else to do it for me, I'll put myself in harm's way - even if the other person is someone I don't particularly care for and especially if the dire situation in question was caused by my own poor choices; because I also believe in taking responsibility for my own actions.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
lordoffiling
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by lordoffiling » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 pm

It's not really accurate in any case. It's more like, a sniper bullet is coming in, you can't pull her out of the way and you can't jump in front of it yourself because you've been shapechanged into a form incapable of intercepting this bullet.

So your options are:

1) Shove someone in front of the bullet yourself, someone you've had the clothes off of and you know is wearing body armor so at least has a chance to survive

Or

2) Let her pick who to put in front of her. She hasn't been able to check anybody for body armor (because if she checked them they'd die) so the odds of survival for the person she picks are much lower.

The only other option is to let her take the bullet and die. But you love this girl, so that's no option at all.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination
Posts: 5624
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by 'J' » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am
You'd probably be surprised that I'd still throw myself into harm's way; because I have this pesky thing called a moral code
you say that as though your moral code is the only moral code, as though all others are invalid. as though anyone who happens to disagree with you is automatically your moral inferior. but maybe that's unfair, and i'm just misreading you.

really, we just happen to have a difference of opinion; way i see it, any organism is inherently justified to fight for its own survival & that of its kin. that is what drives the evolutionary process, and has gotten us where we are today as a species. you and me are both alive today, because when necessary our ancestors chose to lie, cheat, steal, fight, and kill in the service of their own survival and that of their genes.

otherwise, a creature like chloe, who biologically must kill in order to live, would be morally obligated to commit suicide. and that's the kind of thing i just can't get behind. her life is not worth more or less than anyone else's in any sort of objective sense, but subjectively she can define those relative values any way she chooses, as can everyone else. i hope she values hers enough to fight for it, because the alternative just strikes me as very, very sad. that's why i'm in teddy's corner, even if his plan is more than a little stupid; he's doing everything he can think of to save the lives that matter most to him, while still trying to minimize the risk to those he values less.

i cheer for those who fight to live, and disregard those who give up and die.


but like i said, that's just an opinion, it's ok if we disagree.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:23 pm

You asked me what I would do - and I told you what I would personally do in that scenario and why. There's nothing more to it than that. Sorry if you mistook my answer as me trying to imply it's the only right answer.
lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 pm
It's not really accurate in any case. It's more like, a sniper bullet is coming in, you can't pull her out of the way and you can't jump in front of it yourself because you've been shapechanged into a form incapable of intercepting this bullet.
Something you and Figment had left out of the scenario is that this sniper bullet is coming at your loved one because of your own stupidly selfish actions. Your loved one doesn't deserve to take that bullet; but some innocent bystander sure as Hell doesn't deserve to take the bullet, either - even if they're jerks, but better equipped to take it.

Your loved one is also well aware that sniper bullet is coming their way and is perfectly capable of ducking out of the way; but is stupidly standing their ground because they expect you to save them.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination
Posts: 5624
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by 'J' » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:46 pm

you know, i'm trying, but i really cant think of a way that chloe's current state is teddy's fault; it's not like he invented succubus biology.

he did accidentally make a deal with the devil, but even if he hadn't her biological situation wouldn't be any different; she'd still have to murder-fuck somebody eventually. the only times he's actually made the situation worse (at least that i can recall) are interfering with Al's work, and getting a handy from Whatserface; and in neither case could he have been expected to predict the consequences.

now he has done a number of rather distasteful things while trying to help, but none of them have made her condition any worse as far as i recall.



Fluffy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:23 pm
You asked me what I would do - and I told you what I would personally do in that scenario and why. There's nothing more to it than that. Sorry if you mistook my answer as me trying to imply it's the only right answer.
good to know, thanks for clarifying.

User avatar
Storm-forge mystique
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Storm-forge mystique » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Y'know, I can't help but think that at this point it'd be less productive to look for stamina than to look for someone who wouldn't be missed. Working in a strip club should help with that...

If this isn't Ash, it should be.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5707
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm

If it were, Pandora would probably get in the way.

Gotoh
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm
Y'know, I can't help but think that at this point it'd be less productive to look for stamina than to look for someone who wouldn't be missed. Working in a strip club should help with that...
Teddy would need several 'someones', since Chloe and Pandora said a virgin succubus usually kills the first few people they sleep with, until she finally learns to control herself.

It'd also require Teddy to be complicitous in each of their murders, without implicating himself. Which would be easier said than done now that he's become popular. It wouldn't take much to make the connection if people start noticing that everyone who goes home with Teddy turns up dead later.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm
If this isn't Ash, it should be.
Why would Ash be at a strip club when he has a girlfriend, plus an entire school of other girls his own age to choose from? :-\

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm

The only excuse I could see is that the DC universe has had characters from the MC universe show up (Jacqui, Melissa, Tandy and french girl who's name escapes me), so, why not have Ash sneak in?

The issue would be how Teddy even met Ash in the first place. If Ash were to suddenly show up in this comic; it'll be impossible not to make it seem like he was shoe horned into the plot for convenience purposes.

Gabrielle. Quote removed. The DAMNed
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
FuzzyFace
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by FuzzyFace » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Why would Ash be at a strip club when he has a girlfriend, plus an entire school of other girls his own age to choose from? :-\
Is this actually a strip club? I had assumed it was Teddi's latest target's home.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5707
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Or it could be a hotel room.

Gotoh
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm
The only excuse I could see if that the DC universe has had characters from the MC universe show up (Jacqui, Melissa, Tandy and french girl who's name escapes me), so, why not have Ash sneak in?
That's Gabrielle.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 1974 2:54 pm
The issue would be how Teddy even met Ash in the first place. If Ash were to suddenly show up in this comic; it'll be impossible not to make it seem like he was shoe horned into the plot for convenience purposes.
I agree that it's extremely unlikely, but stranger things have happened in the C-verse, so I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Post Reply