2017-08-04 What a frightful coincidence

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2017-08-04 What a frightful coincidence

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 am
Legality aside, there is a distinct squickiness to a very experienced older person seducing a much younger person, hopefully it won't go down that route though and we get some epic battle between Eva and Zoe.
FFS - the "older person" in this case is so flamingly gay he makes Dillon look llke Clint Eastwood in a spaghetti western. Chance of actual physical seduction of anyone without dangly bits: When Hell freezes over. Do try to keep up.
brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 am
I have to wonder if Zoe hired a private investigator to tail Marie.
While Ma3-universe plotting can strain credulity sometimes, that'd be an expensive exercise in paranoia when the apparent problem is just a bolshy trainee model. And if Zoé really wanted to know what was going on with Marie, she could have asked, repeatedly, until Marie answered. Alternatively, she could ask around her contacts in the fashion world - there'll be people working on that magazine who could tell her enough, for a start. In fact, logically, she may well have made a phone call or two as soon as she cooled down after that argument, though she probably didn't because we're probably due an explosive response when we see her discover Eva's involvement.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Welp.. Alex Marie first time 'YES ITS GENERICALLY ROMANTIC SUE ME' Is in desperate threat of being ruined by Marie being ****ed just to further the whole corruption angle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Really? By who?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am
edisnooM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 am
Legality aside, there is a distinct squickiness to a very experienced older person seducing a much younger person, hopefully it won't go down that route though and we get some epic battle between Eva and Zoe.
FFS - the "older person" in this case is so flamingly gay he makes Dillon look llke Clint Eastwood in a spaghetti western. Chance of actual physical seduction of anyone without dangly bits: When Hell freezes over. Do try to keep up.
Wow sorry to have touched a nerve there, but if I'm remembering correctly didn't we see him and Eva in flagrante delicto? Which would lead me to believe he would be bi.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not really. He took over with Eva's partner of the moment when Eva was sidetracked. Consecutive rather than concurrent.
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Yeah, Lukas and Eva never got it on.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Marie is too sensitive for her own good. She shouldn't forget her own name like that.
:-?

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Ah, OK I misremembered that strip then, I forgot there was a third party involved.

Still though since Eva is clearly set up as "La Villain" and Lukas her loyal henchman (sidekick?), and she is clearly intent on using him to manipulate Marie, and we know for a fact that Eva is not above using seduction and sexual manipulation to achieve her goals, so I can't imagine the issue of genuine attraction being much of an impediment to them achieving their nefarious goals.

I mean the "good guys" in the Ma3-verse have had to do things they weren't in to, I can't imagine the "bad guys" would be above such things, and so I continue to hope it won't go that route.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that Eva would sacrifice puppies to Satan if it achieved her goals. However, she's not particularly interested in destroying Marie, and having her seduced would likely do that; Marie is a tool for her, and currently a key element in her Evil Schemes(tm), and needs to be kept sweet. So there's no reason to think that we're going to see some massive shift in the tone of the strip, with a sympathetic young character used and discarded like a limp rag, just because Eva could arrange it if she wanted to.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Plus Lukas does not seem to be blindingly loyal to her.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, he snarks a good game. But we haven't actually seen him doing a single thing against her wishes or interests.
---------
Spidrift

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

@Spidrift

I dunno, taking her out to party with men (as she made particular note of) and getting her drunk doesn't seem entirely conducive to protecting her inner sweetness. Granted Marie did seem to escape that relatively unscathed, but seeing as Eva seems to want her to Fall to the Dark Side™, I don't know if keeping her sweetness is a primary concern.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And yet, Marie did survive that party with nothing worse than a hangover. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Eva was watching her back and warning off any of the guys who seemed to be trying too hard. Eva wants Marie on her side, which means corrupting her, sure -- but not driving her to a nervous breakdown by getting her date-raped or whatever. And Eva knows that Marie is still loyal to Alex; threatening that bond would risk losing her.

Now, Eva might see herself keeping Marie in her orbit by introducing her to all sorts of decadence a couple of months down the line. But right now, she doesn't need to scare Marie off. You don't get the padawan massacring sand people on a first date.
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 am
So there's no reason to think that we're going to see some massive shift in the tone of the strip
THIS

I mean, are people seriously thinking we're going into the rape route?!? This comic doesn't have that kind of tone yo!

Not yet anyway ^o^

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:19 pm
But anyhow -- Lukas seems to be firmly established as Eva's primary asset, to a nigh-flanderised extent.
Yes, he is a man with a particular set of skills. :)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)