Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 05-08-17 How can I believe that now

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:49 pm
rogermart wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:32 pm
I think Zii and Gary are reserved for the comic's finale... aaaaand speaking of finales, this is strip 1331, so we have 19 more strips to wrap up Vol 9.
Hmm; no drop-down strip selector box at the moment, so I can't trivially jump to strip #1201 to remind myself what #1350 will be echoing. Someone remind me...

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I read this strip and all I can actually think is "So, the strip is ending?"

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

I often don't let images speak for me. But today I do.

Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

rogermart wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 am
Thanks. So we're likely to get something somewhat band-related 19 strips from now. No guesses beyond that, really.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

If this will end with Zii's heart being torn to shreds... i can live with this storyline.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Who knows, she might learn something.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Let's start with Didi: I don't think she's being concsiously deceptive or horrible, she's just really, REALLY thoughtless and airheaded. Which is a different brand of horrible. Now that I think about it, she's like a busty, amazonian Tinkerbell; with only room for one thought or emotion at a time. Previously, her one thought was to get sexual healing from getting dumped, so she made a beeline past Zii for Gary. Now her one emotion is guilt for having "broken," Ziis heart, so she's going all out to "fix" it.

Now Zii: She is definately doing to Sonya what Didi did to her, and the argument that Sonya isn't being honest and therefore Zii cannot know, doesn't hold much water; because the act is entirely unconvincing and Sonya JUST RECENTLY told Zii that she could be with her for life. There is very little chance that Zii believes they are "unnattached, casual sex friends," she's just letting her own needs supersede that of anyone else's; which seems to be her MO. The driving force behind most of her actions seems to be getting laid by whoever strikes her fancy, and she's been fixated on Didi since the day she walked into her cleavage. And as I recall, that fixation cost her her relationship with Eric, just as it will likely cost her her relationship with Sonya.

Sonya: While I aggree that Sonya is being emotionally manipulative and dishonest, let's not forget that she's dealing with Zii; who has commitment problems. She's afraid that showing her emotional seriousness will scare Zii off because let's face it, that's what has kept Zii at arms length all this time. She didn't want to commit to Yuki (though who could blame her) and she couldn't stay committed to Eric. So yeah, this is partially Sonya's fault for not being honest with Zii, but at the same time I think Zii definatly knows that it's a front. She's just ignoring it in favor of finally scoring with Didi

So really, everyone is at fault here

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Zii is so id (iddish?) and DiDi has such a strong superego, I think this is a case of opposites attracted to each other.
:-?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chastel is not a superego, I think. Even with a flawed amygdala, she's a walking id when it comes down to it.
Last edited by Error of Logic on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Welp, here's the moment everyone has been waiting for for many a year.

Some looking forward to it, some dreading it...

And I agree with EoL on the id bit, not sure if her Amygdala is "glawed", though. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out.