Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-08-11 Boys feeling you up

Post by Eisu »

LegendaryKroc

Re: 2017-08-11 Boys feeling you up

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Damn, talk about suffering for your art. I admit I'm not an expert at manipulation, but is it not easier to manipulate people when you at least pretend to like them and show them compassion? I'm just saying, the drill sergeant approach works better in the military than here.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I was going to say, Eva is pushing her luck with the psychology here. But I guess her real nature is showing.

Genius bonus; Marie swears in old British comics titles. Also, cute butt.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There shall be!

No!

Piece!

- Bolt Thrower (almost)

Also, I'm pretty sure a "bleedin' 12-year old" is not very smooth down there unless she decides to do something about it.

Panel 2: TSA Extreme Aggression!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 pm
Damn, talk about suffering for your art. I admit I'm not an expert at manipulation, but is it not easier to manipulate people when you at least pretend to like them and show them compassion? I'm just saying, the drill sergeant approach works better in the military than here.
That's why Eva has her minions do all the bad cop stuff so she can be the good by comparison.

Maboo

Post by Maboo »

Bunty and Beezer? Gosh, that's going back a LONG way. I had to go back and check when they went out of print, as I was a bit surprised that they were part of Marie's vocabulary... And I'm still bloody surprised she's even heard of them, both went out of print when she wasnt even born yet... (or was just an itty bitty crib blob in the case of Bunty, probably)

Hilarious reference though, tickled my British funny bone, but kinda caught me up short!

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Asking for a one piece and getting that kind of swimsuit instead huh? Talk about a plan _back_firing! Ehehehe....

*Sees self out*

Horrid puns aside, I guess that really proves yet again that Marie isn't really a lesbian. Pretty sure that if this was just about any other character (since almost everyone is conveniently bi, heh!) they'd probalby be a bit more receptive of being rubbed down so intimately.

Btw, I've been noticing that Eva's been calling Marie 'dear' really often. Interesting trait of hers.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Maboo wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am
Bunty and Beezer? Gosh, that's going back a LONG way. I had to go back and check when they went out of print, as I was a bit surprised that they were part of Marie's vocabulary... And I'm still bloody surprised she's even heard of them, both went out of print when she wasnt even born yet... (or was just an itty bitty crib blob in the case of Bunty, probably)
You missed Beano, but of course that's still going. Anyhow, Marie's a serious geek, which often means a bit of knowledge of the history of geek topics. (And I wouldn't be surprised if one can pick up collections of old strip from those comics... I was leafing through a TV21 anthology in a shop only the other day...) Though I suspect this line is mostly just there as an Easter egg and an alliterative gag, and to remind us she's British (again).
Linnah wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am
Btw, I've been noticing that Eva's been calling Marie 'dear' really often. Interesting trait of hers.
Dominance games. It comes across as sort-of nice but also sort-of patronising. It establishes Eva in the older, superior position.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, and noting that the comic is mostly set in Paris - is this a real beach or a studio set?
---------
Spidrift

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

That's a good point :P Maybe it's Paris Plage ..?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm
By the way, and noting that the comic is mostly set in Paris - is this a real beach or a studio set?
The coast of France is less than 3 hours away by car. Quite possible Eva also has access to a private jet and/or helicopter.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The three hour drive is just about plausible, but by the time you'd got out to CdG, got onto a jet, landed somewhere near the coast, transferred via limo... TGV would be quicker.
---------
Spidrift

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm
Marie is kidnapped into a tropical island, obvs!
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Maboo

Post by Maboo »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am
You missed Beano, but of course that's still going. Anyhow, Marie's a serious geek, which often means a bit of knowledge of the history of geek topics. (And I wouldn't be surprised if one can pick up collections of old strip from those comics... I was leafing through a TV21 anthology in a shop only the other day...) Though I suspect this line is mostly just there as an Easter egg and an alliterative gag, and to remind us she's British (again).
Very true, it's a very geeky thing but even so, they're not exactly comics that a geek might be expected to have on their radar as Bunty was basically for girls and Beezer was very much for the younger market, at least that's how I remember it when I was growing up as a Brit... (oh blimey, jolly hockey sticks, one lump or two, I'm still a Brit....) I didn't mention the Beano because obviously that's still going and also it's much more of a popular culture thing, much like the Dandy.

magnetoo

Post by magnetoo »

" Pretty sure that if this was just about any other character (since almost everyone is conveniently bi, heh!) they'd probalby be a bit more receptive of being rubbed down so intimately."

I was a bit surprised to hear Marie talking so casually about being felt up at all, given her seemingly longstanding unrequited attraction to Alex and her apparently geeky nature.