Dangerously Chloe 11-09-17 Still Not Safe For Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Alexander Collins

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-09-17 Still Not Safe For Me

Post by Alexander Collins »

That actually makes sense. Hell would definetly have looser to no morels since its... Hell. Chloe probably wouldn't notice it because she's a bit too trusting and/or Pandora is that good at manipulating her.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well Teddi is a smart girl I'm sure she'll think of something or find some people who can eliminate her problem. Taking down a succubus is bound to make Gabrielle and Tandy popular at Artemis. And Charity could definitely get a promotion out of that.

UNStoppable

Post by UNStoppable »

Way I see it is that Pandora is going to point out to Teddi that she has everything she wants, so why not use her [Teddi's] pheromones on her Dad to get him to accept things like she does when she's stripping. With obvious results from there.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Much like her mythical namesake, maybe Pandora's motivation is merely curiosity? Not exactly a satisfying reason, yet it is a possibility...

Pandora being a product of Hell appears to be a viable rationale for her behaviour, but it seems that even Hell has laws she ignores and breaks, so it can't completely explain her "chaotic evil."

The fact Pandora's final word ends in a hyphen, perhaps Teddi is about to choke a bitch? (Old reference, but still works). Or Teddi's human-succubus-reaper status grants Scanners-like powers? Either way, Teddi has murder in the eyes!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm surprised Teddi hasn't visited a church and acquired some holy water yet.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It kills me that people in this thread are *just now* coming to the realization, apparently, that the reason Pandora is so evil just might be because she COMES FROM HELL.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

1. Just because strangulation didn't work the last time doesn't mean Teddi is out of options on the violent front. Angry as she is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if she tested out the "Exorcist" approach (head 360), or the "Gallagher" approach (melon smash).
2. Just because Pandora's a product of her home environment is still not an excuse for her behavior. Would you accept it if she were a regular human who came from a horrific childhood? Or would you react differently if she wasn't a sexy female?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Would anyone object if Teddi slapped her back?

dmra

Post by dmra »

Chloe is also from Hell and she doesn't strike me as being "evil" to the core. That's possibly because at least part of her upbringing was in the human world. On the other hand Charity the angel is hardly an unalloyed example of "good" so it seems that plane of origin isn't the sole factor which determines whether a character is "good" or "evil".

sun tzu

Post by sun tzu »

Insectoid wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 am
Let the fists fly! I think Pandora kinda deserves it by now...?
"By now"? Pandora has always been awful. :-L

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

*shrugs*
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

tau neutrino wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Would anyone object if Teddi slapped her back?
https://media.tenor.com/images/2d1f4af5 ... /tenor.gif

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Zorlond wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 am
1. Just because strangulation didn't work the last time doesn't mean Teddi is out of options on the violent front.
That was when he was a regular human, not he's part reaper and part succubus.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The comic runs on Generic Contemporary Geek Supernatural Morality. So demons are self-centered but free-spirited flakes while angels are self-righteous jerks who are sometimes, annoyingly, technically in the right. (What would be really radical and transgressive these days would be a story in which demons were totally evil and angels were unambiguously good.) In that style of story, only humans with limited social power are ever really good people, though a weak and confused spirit-being like Chloe may have some chance of not being a total jerk.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

That was mean of Pandora! Even for her!!
D: