09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Post by Vitocap »

Raamyah wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:49 am
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Is one of my dreams actually coming true?! Be still my heart...
Tee hee. Good for you! :-bd

Actually, I suspect 90% of the readers are feeling like you. I know I am. :p Even though some won't admit it, nobody would dislike the idea of the two sexy bombshells of the comic doing each other.

(They are clearly moving for a kiss, aren't they? :x I wonder if next strip will start with the two in a passionate liplock or with Zii interrupting...)
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I am curious if Sonya will be able to succeed, clearly her primary intent here is revenge as opposed to actual emotional attraction, then again her whole thing is drama so you never know. Also it does appear to be primarily on Didi's side that it's required and she does seem to be capable of deluding herself to great extents, it will be interesting to see if she can wrangle up some emotional connection to Sonya if it actually goes through.

It would be somewhat of character growth if Didi did turn Sonya down, however unlikely though it might be. We have seen Didi's rather emphatic declarations of love when she is involved with someone, so it's not out of the realm of possibility though, I doubt it will happen.

Also I kind of hope that Zii gets angry / upset about this as opposed to being happy with it, the former seems like it would lend itself to something closer to character development while the latter just seems like more of the same.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chastel has less self control than Yogi Bear when face to face with a picnic basket.....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Picnic Basket"? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Anyhow, yes, the emotional connection thing. I rather expect DiDi to suddenly remember and explain this issue in the next few seconds... So do we get Sonya pulling a half-truth bluff ("You must know that everyone loves you"?), or something slightly subtler with some double-talk about the emotional power of passion, or what?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

ok some questions:
# didi's reaction in panel 2 means she's forgotten about l'amour with zii and now all she thinks about is l'orgasme with sonya - right?
# special background of fuzzy bubbles in panel 3 means didi is going fuzzybubbly in her head because sonya's turning up the seduction?
# is zii pulling her hair in panel 4 or just balling her fists?

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Answers:
1) Yup, you read that right.
2) Yeah! It's a manga trick Giz is very fond of. Emotional background, I think it's called. Simply put, the background changes to reflect the mood of the characters in the panel.
3) Totally pulling her hair in self-loathing at her own horny fickleness.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm
"Picnic Basket"? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
I thought exactly the same... *old man's voice* In my days, we called it a pic-a-nic basket!
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Shhhhhhh! You two will attract Yogi's attention.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:56 pm
# didi's reaction in panel 2 means she's forgotten about l'amour with zii and now all she thinks about is l'orgasme with sonya - right?
Shallow and self-centered? DiDi? Surely not!

The nicest way to look at this is that she's been chasing the inflamed pink dragon of orgasm for a long time now; expecting her to shift focus completely, this quickly, is a bit optimistic. And maybe she'd have remembered her romantic view of Zii in panel 3 or thereabouts, except that Sonya hit her with the full force of the Sex Appeal where she's been putting almost all her experience points since her first appearance, and even with the penalty for reduced time on the attempt... Well, DiDi sold back a lot of Will to get her Appearance (Transcendent).
# special background of fuzzy bubbles in panel 3 means didi is going fuzzybubbly in her head because sonya's turning up the seduction?
Mmm. Slightly more broadly, that background says that the mood in the room has suddenly turned hot and sexy. It's like the camera going soft-focus and throbbing horns on the soundtrack.
# is zii pulling her hair in panel 4 or just balling her fists?
She seems to be pulling at her hair, but you could say that she's clenching her fists and her hair is getting caught up in that. Whatevs.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

I don't know... As far as panel 2 goes, Sonya didn't let DiDi finish the sentence. That could have ended in many ways.

Yes, DiDi has proven, time and again, that offers for orgasms instantly turn her train of thought to another track... In the opposite direction and two realities away if need be...

But I stand in her defense! Maybe this time love is for real, and wins! If that turns into frustration in a strip or two, I'll admit defeat and bear the shame... a la Cersei Lannister, shaming septa leading the parade and all.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

As I recall, the Lannister woman only got crazier and more vindictive after her walk of shame .... shame .... shame. o_o;

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Sorry for the GoT hijack:One could argue it was the (progressive) loss of her children that pushed her over the edge, or the prophecy.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 am
At the time, there were hundreds of posters and about 30 pages of comments per strip.

Now, there are twenty regular posters and like 3-4 pages of comments per strip.
I think the thing is, we all know what the comic is like now. We're familiar with the characters and what was once a slightly startling and novel approach. I'm certainly not saying it's become repetitive, but there's less to jolt readers into commenting, and some things - like "these are all flawed people" - have been said now, over and over. I bet that most of those hundreds are still reading the comic as it appears, but not then feeling obliged to jump up and down and talk about it.
Could be, dude. Polls always put Ma3 among the top 50 most read webcomics, so there is a rather large readership, that's for sure.
What there isn't anymore is a forum, pretty much. I mean, twenty posters and dropping. Forty messages per thread. And sometimes half of those messages are an exchange of oneliners between you and Error of Logic about Star Wars or Donald Trump or whatever else caught your fancy. Compare to four years ago and there's no arguing this is a dead forum.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I hadn't noticed I'd been spouting one-liners.... Sorry about that.
The forum doesn't seem quite dead to me, though, just.... quieter.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

;))
Okay, now you sound like the owner of a pet shop who just sold a parrot.
Don't make me start about an ex-forum who shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible.