09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Post by Vitocap »

Bat-dork wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 pm
Am I the only one who hopes DiDi will turn Sonya down?
Yeah. Even Zii is against you. \:d/
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Personally I'm hoping that Ziis anger wins out over her arousal in this situation, even if it's very unlikely. At this point Zii seems to be in a place where even when she does something wrong it gets her what she wants, and I'd kind of like something to happen where she doesn't end up the victor.

I'd have to agree though that at this point, id doubt any of them that could claim the moral high ground, even if I personally do root for Sonya in this situation.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

magicrectangle wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm
Once again confirming that there is literally no one in this comic who ever gets to claim the moral high ground.
It's cold, lonely, and barren up there, in this setting.
Bat-dork wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 pm
Am I the only one who hopes DiDi will turn Sonya down?
Too late. Panel 2 shows that DiDi is exactly as shallow and obsessive as expected.
themacnut wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:48 pm
The only thing that'll stop Sonya and DiDi from getting it on is if something or someone interrupts them. Zii might, but the fact that she's getting turned on by watching them suggests she's more likely to try joining in.
Dunno about that, but Zii has already blown her chance of blocking this idea by questioning Sonya on the practical details. She's implied assent; trying to stop things now would look like an admission of weakness, and DiDi would likely fend her off with one hand and a pout. ("Do you not want me to be happy?")
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

At first I was like, "What?"

But then I remembered. Sonya is a dramasexual. She gets off on stuff like this.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh yes. Win or lose, she's going to enjoy the fuck out of this whole incident.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm
If anything, the volume of complaints about how we're being hypnotised and forced to read a comic about such awful people seems to have dropped off a bit lately. If so, I don't know whether that's because the characters have improved, the big complainers have given up and mostly bogged off, anyone who wants to complain can go and whine about the literally demonic characters in Dangerouously Chloe, or - shock! - people have finally noticed that these are nuanced, comedically fallible characters rather than plaster saints.
At the time, there were hundreds of posters and about 30 pages of comments per strip.

Now, there are twenty regular posters and like 3-4 pages of comments per strip.

Even True Avery, who claimed to like it better like this, has stopped posting.

Do the math. It's no surprise that the volume of whatever you can name has dropped off.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Some strips are easier to discuss for longer than others.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Is one of my dreams actually coming true?! Be still my heart...
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Vitocap wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 am
At the time, there were hundreds of posters and about 30 pages of comments per strip.

Now, there are twenty regular posters and like 3-4 pages of comments per strip.
Well, 30 pages would always have been an exceptional day. But I know what you mean.

I think the thing is, we all know what the comic is like now. We're familiar with the characters and what was once a slightly startling and novel approach. I'm certainly not saying it's become repetitive, but there's less to jolt readers into commenting, and some things - like "these are all flawed people" - have been said now, over and over. I bet that most of those hundreds are still reading the comic as it appears, but not then feeling obliged to jump up and down and talk about it.

Either that, or the lack of nipples makes a lot of people less interested.
---------
Spidrift

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm having fun and feel no real reason to comment on the strip, so I don't.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I'm wondering why no one in the strip, even those for the alternative is clearly unhealthy, seems to have heard of an open relationship.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Amber over in SDB is quite explicitly cool about her relationship with Ray being non-exclusive, though she's always shown as having a somewhat clinical view of sexual relationships. And pretty much all of DiDi's relationships used to be open by default, even if she recognised the possibility of non-casual relationships in theory. ("I can't live with someone; it would make it awkward when I brought other lovers home...") But the assumption seems to be that when recognisably romantic feelings kick in, openness becomes emotionally difficult for most of the cast. You're either serious or you aren't.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 am
I'm having fun and feel no real reason to comment on the strip, so I don't.
Hey, Opus! How are you? :)

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Dillon should crash into the strip! Now!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And then what? Stand around going LesEww?
---------
Spidrift