Site Admin

07-09-17 The Hard Way

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/the-hard-way/

Sorry for the delay! Recovering from con crud. :(

Cortez

Re: 07-09-17 The Hard Way

Post by Cortez »

I guess that's one way to make her feel like she feels.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

well, i did not expect that
Yet still, I live...

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

If she pulls it off it'll really be a kick in the teeth for Zi's ego.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Oh Brother

If I can't have you....then you can't have her
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Boro

Post by Boro »

Holy shit, that was good! Great move regarding story writing.

Froboi

Post by Froboi »

Sonya, Didi and Zii are each acting exactly the way I expected them to, but this is the LAST scenario I thought would happen. Didi's flippant attitude and "mean girl-esque" passive-aggressiveness towards any woman who would dare get in the way of her desire for orgasm, combined with Zii's casual betrayal, have triggered Sonya's natural vindictive instincts to break up the "happy couple." Sonya has a right to be mad at both Didi for stealing Zii from her, and Zii for (in her mind) using her, betraying her trust, casually ending their "casual" relationship and simply walking away now that she has her First Place prize. But instead of trying to take the band from Zii (which most of us guessed would have been her move) Sonya understands that taking DiDi away from her would hurt her even more. Although I'm not fully convinced that Sonya truly wants to hurt Zii, she just wants her to be able to understand the pain she's going through. It's actually a very well thought out plan for Sonya.

This presents an interesting opportunity for character development for Sonya and Zii, and maybe DiDi as well. The fact that Didi will even acknowledge Sonya's proposal (and she will, it's DiDi) should show Zii that DiDi cannot be fully loyal to her, which would prove Sonya's point that Didi will only hurt her and that she should be with Sonya, but Sonya at the same time could could (and should) realize that Zii isn't a good person either, and that her own feelings of "not love" are just admiration for the woman that "turned her bi" and that other than very fulfilling sex and their band they have little in common. If Didi even accepts, I doubt Sonya can provide the same emotional connection, and even if Sonya DOES manage to beat Zii (doubtful given their individual experience in ladyloving) that would only result in DiDi wanting to drop Zii for Sonya (which might seem satisfying until Sonya realizes how "intense" DiDi can be) and Zii being so depressed about losing DiDi and Sonya that she might quit the band and ultimately accidentally runs into Gary, setting them up for the One-True-Pairing most fans have been waiting for.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Much sympathy to Giz for the con crud. It sucks. Get well soon.

Anyway...

Ooh, somebody remembered Sonya's killer competitive instinct. It's not exactly a conventional romcom plot twist, but it's very Sonya.

Now, does she actually have a plan, or is she improvising wildly? Either way, what does she do if Zii and DiDi can't duck the challenge somehow? And if she succeeds, will she expose DiDi's deep-seated shallowness? (She shouldn't succeed, given that the key to resolving DiDi's problem was emotional connection -- but Sonya's talent for weird left-field improvisation shouldn't be underestimated.) Somehow, I'm closest to thinking I have an answer to the last question, and it's "yes".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Balancer wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am
If she pulls it off it'll really be a kick in the teeth for Zi's ego.
I don't think that's even the point Sonya's trying to make here; more like she's proving to Zii that Didi doesn't actually love her - she just wants her for the orgasms (which will be a proven fact whether Didi inquires about it or if Sonya actually goes down on her to prove she's better than Zii).

I wonder if, should Sonya succeed, would Zii leave - heartbroken - or would she encourage a threeway relationship so she can have her cake and eat it, too?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

I feel like this could actually be leading into Didi's orgasm problem being a lesbian thing rather a love one. Yuki got Didi close with spanking and iirc sleep groping, then kiley, and zii. The only odd one out is that time with peggy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 am
I don't think that's even the point Sonya's trying to make here; more like she's proving to Zii that Didi doesn't actually love her - she just wants her for the orgasms (which will be a proven fact whether Didi inquires about it or if Sonya actually goes down on her to prove she's better than Zii).
You're right that DiDi even thinking about accepting the offer would be enough of a kick in the teeth for Zii -- though Zii's vanity about her own talents might actually lead to her to accidentally encourage DiDi to accept, because Zii hates to look like a loser. But Sonya actually succeeding would add massive insult to injury. Do not underestimate Sonya's instinctive talent for exquisite multi-layered revenge. She's turned into everything that Zii claims to be.

Hmm. My current thinking is that, if DiDi can't resist, Sonya will say "Give me a few hours to prepare!", sprint off, and ask Peggy for advice on how the hell she can deliver. And Peggy's instinct will be to suggest a certain technologically-augmented sexual practice...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

And just like that, Sonya correctly determines that DiDi is shallow and cares only about her own "orgasme" and then, without hesitation, goes right for the jugular. I swear, she's becoming my favorite character.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Get well soon, Giz!

Well, this was certainly unexpected, but in a good way. Sonya has experience in "hate-f**king," so in spite of her disdain for DiDi, she may very well have the passion that would top Zii's obsessive/"romantic" interaction. Sonya has shown attraction to DiDi in the past, however, it seemed only briefly, and she is overall immune to the so-called DiDi effect, thus adding to the possibility of providing a "bigger orgasme." Even if she can't deliver, it should be enough to fracture the sudden sentimentality Zii used to justify her lust; hell, even if DiDi doesn't follow up on the offer (though, since it is unlikely to happen, that means it probably will happen), the aforementioned fracture would occur all the same.
Way too little, too late with the apology there, Zii. Also, expected lack of sympathy, or at least, lack of tact for DiDi, but Zii either not noticing or caring to correct her, is the final nail.
Misery loves company, however, I'm hard pressed to be against Sonya's tactic here - she took a wound to the heart, and this is more or less karma.

On a tangent, as underhanded and selfish as Sonya was in sabotaging Zii's relationship with Erik, it was still Zii who chose the path (regardless of Sonya knowing which buttons to press and a bit of intoxication in the mix, Zii ultimately made the choice).

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Interesting twist.

The thing in the comic that has me up in arms is Zii's comment on "clearing out for a bit" is in reality so insensitive. Zii doesn't think she's really done anything wrong, and thinks she can just come on back to Sonya's and live there like all is well? WTH Zii? Didi's "someone so lonely" comment is also a kick to the teeth and really not polite.

Zii could let Sonya's comment roll off of her, realizing it is Sonya just acting out while hurt. Zii could actually tell Sonya off too. Not sure where that will go. Didi's head turn could just be out of shock at hearing a bigger "orgasme", but I doubt it is entirely that. Didi is addicted to not just orgasms but the chase for better ones. For someone so buffoonish and 'sincere' in her admissions of love, I still don't think she really knows what love is.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

KittyHat wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 am
And just like that, Sonya correctly determines that DiDi is shallow and cares only about her own "orgasme" and then, without hesitation, goes right for the jugular. I swear, she's becoming my favorite character.
Mmm. I stand by my long-standing contention that Sonya is a smart woman who just keeps forgetting to turn her brain on in the morning. The funny thing is, despite everything. it's still Zii who caused Sonya to actually start to realise her potential. Which Zii may well come to regret.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:00 am
Sonya has experience in "hate-f**king," so in spite of her disdain for DiDi, she may very well have the passion that would top Zii's obsessive/"romantic" interaction. Sonya has shown attraction to DiDi in the past, however, it seemed only briefly, and she is overall immune to the so-called DiDi effect, thus adding to the possibility of providing a "bigger orgasme."
Sonya isn't immune to the DiDi effect - or at least, she fully understands it. She was deeply impressed on their first meeting. But Sonya is highly competitive, and she naturally recognises that DiDi is, above all, competition -- so the more attracted she feels, the more hostile she'll become.

I can't see hate-fucking being the key to Sonya satisfying DiDi; that doesn't seem to be what DiDi needs. But who knows? We've seen a hint that DiDi has a latent submissive side, and with Peggy's likely advice (and loan of equipment), Sonya may show DiDi more about herself than the bimbo amazon could ever dream.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:01 am
Not sure where that will go. Didi's head turn could just be out of shock at hearing a bigger "orgasme", but I doubt it is entirely that. Didi is addicted to not just orgasms but the chase for better ones. For someone so buffoonish and 'sincere' in her admissions of love, I still don't think she really knows what love is.
Of course she doesn't; she's not far off being a cute, sexy psychopath, and genuinely very dumb. The idea of an even better orgasm is bound to tempt her, at the very least.
---------
Spidrift