28-08-17 Oui bien sur

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

edisnooM

Re: 28-08-17 Oui bien sur

Post by edisnooM »

So is this supposed to be a genuine conclusion that they came to after their prolonged trist, or an attempt at a cover up? If the latter neither Didi nor Zii have particularly stellar track record at subterfuge so it seems a little dubious that they would even manage it as far as it's gone in this strip, let alone any further.

Also in regards to the charge of cheating, if Zii is trying to cover this up due to her feeling guilty about having betrayed Sonya that seems a bit jerky (especially since she said she wouldn't). But we also have to consider that Sonya has been practically yelling from the mountains how they are just casual and not serious, and all in an attempt to try and "trick" Zii into a relationship while she was in an emotionally vulnerable state. Personally I don't think anyone is shining particularly bright here.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LarsenSan wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Also, is this how the comic is going to end? While Gary has a nefarious relationship where he only gets penetrated by a strap-on wearing pervert?

Nefarious? I don't think you know the meaning of the word, since everything Gary and Peggy do is consensual. Not to mention that Gary enjoys being pegged.

And "pervert", really?

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Having sex at work with a hospital patient is pretty perverted, plus she is in to costumes. Peggy is pretty converted even compared to this cast.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Vitocap wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm
"It's not cheating, it's just lying to your lover to hide the fact that you broke your promise to her and had sex with another woman! It's totally different!"

Two members have already posted to claim this.

Would be funny... if it wasn't that the guys who write this stuff are obviously dead serious.

Must be something in the male brain that doesn't work like ours. :-?
Well, aren't you charmingly sexist?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Help me out. Is this the first time we've seen Ms. Nielsen lie about being in, let us say, an entanglement with someone?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:02 am
So is this supposed to be a genuine conclusion that they came to after their prolonged trist, or an attempt at a cover up?
This is far too tidy and polite for the latter. It's blatantly a cover-up.
edisnooM wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:02 am
If the latter neither Didi nor Zii have particularly stellar track record at subterfuge so it seems a little dubious that they would even manage it as far as it's gone in this strip, let alone any further.
Actually, Zii has a certain talent for improvisational BS, at least in the short term. However, DiDi will very likely Baldrick this plan to explosive destruction.
capicoli wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:43 am
Having sex at work with a hospital patient is pretty perverted, plus she is in to costumes.
Hardly extreme by the standards of these comics, though, is it? We're not into drunk-Sandra territory here.
capicoli wrote:
Peggy is pretty converted even compared to this cast.
Paging Mrs. Malaprop. Mrs. Malaprop to the white diversity phone...
Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 am
Help me out. Is this the first time we've seen Ms. Nielsen lie about being in, let us say, an entanglement with someone?
I'd have to read through the entire run to be sure, but I think so, yes. Zii has many flaws, including a tendency to overestimate her own competence and a bad habit of running away from problems, but she's basically not a liar. Even when she's bending the truth, she tends to sweat and stumble. Preserving this deceit over an extended period may actually be stressful for her, even if DiDi gives her the chance.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

capicoli wrote:

Having sex at work with a hospital patient is pretty perverted, plus she is in to costumes. Peggy is pretty converted even compared to this cast.
She wasn't "at work" at the time. And how is being into costumes "perverted"? That sounds very judgemental.

And "converted"?

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

I didn't mean it as negative. I wouldn't count drunk sandra because she is drunk during that stuff. Peggy has jumped into foursomes with people she hardly knows at least twice, in the case of the first everyone else was drunk. I would only put Matt and Zii above her. Everybody else seems more conservative in my opinion. As much as has sex in this comic it is usually vanilla and with someone they are dating. Or with yuki/matt and kiley/didi because of a stupid a reason.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

rogermart wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:49 pm
worldshaking00 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 pm
Just leaving this here.
Too soon?
Jajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Now he cheated, and lied about cheating
Oh man. You're taking me back to the days when it seemed strange for the president to tell outright, brazen lies to the American people. We were so young and unsullied in those days.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Exactly, everybody lies and politicians have a PhD in the subject, but they tried being smart about it, so much that when POTUS told a outright, brazen lie it was an exception and not the rule... Now when POTUS tells a whopper of a lie it's just another Wednesday...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

capicoli wrote:
Cortez wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:04 am
LarsenSan wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Also, is this how the comic is going to end? While Gary has a nefarious relationship where he only gets penetrated by a strap-on wearing pervert?

Nefarious? I don't think you know the meaning of the word, since everything Gary and Peggy do is consensual. Not to mention that Gary enjoys being pegged.

And "pervert", really?
I don't know. People having sex at work, seems pretty par for the course from what I've seen. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I, for one, support perversion therapy.

Also, Izzy is so vastly overestimating her skill level... :D

Oh, and also, the top of panel three is one of the greatest Ziis Giz has ever drawn! :x :x :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)