24-08-17 She knows her priorities

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 24-08-17 She knows her priorities

Post by samtheman »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:19 am
I'm still hopeful that there will be a positive ending where everyone in the main cast is 'happy' together. However I am getting the vibe that we're in store for some shake-ups. Maybe my Spider-sense is on the fritz. Stay tuned true believers.
If there is indeed only going to be one more volume after this one I myself don't think there's going to be any shake-ups. Any shake-ups this late in the story would come across as a bit forced and contrived. I could be wrong too but I think the creators are going to play it relatively safe when they wrap up the comic in the next volume or two. As for my predictions or guesses right now I'm thinking Zii and Didi will become a couple, Matt and Kiley will reconcile, and of course Yuki will completely overcome her phobia and resume her relationship with Gary. And to pair the spares, Peggy might end up with Erik while Sonya might end up with one of the lesbian wrestlers. Once again I'm probably wrong but that's how I see it panning out right now because then most if not all the cast gets the "happy" ending Giz promised for them (unless she's lying or trolling) except for maybe Sonya but she'll bounce back with someone else.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

I remember that argument I had with True avery a while ago. The one where I lamented that the forum was a shadow of its former self, while she claimed the forum was much better without all those guys who only came to diss and bitch.

I think I'm starting to understand True Avery's point now.

This thread is lugubrious. Nothing but doleful complaining. Nobody seems to be happy with things as they are now. Everyone is so glum and somber it's dismal to read. :(

How long till the last strip in the volume? (You know, the strip that mirrors the first one?)
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Speaking for myself, I got invested into the world and the characters. I can sometimes visualize myself in Gary's shoes {ok, no where near as spineless or lucky with women as he is, but one can fantasize about his harem}. There is a certain romantic tragedy I sense on the horizon; or at least, the Cyrano de Bergerac fan in me is envisioning the possibility of such. Once again speaking for myself: it isn't whining about sadness or not accepting what is transpiring between the characters currently. It is a certain peculiar level of anticipation knowing that the end is near, that nothing is yet set in stone, that there are still so many unfinished plot threads, and that unrequited (or unknown) love is still a complete possibility. It is akin to yelling at the TV when your favorite show has you in suspense, as if your words could somehow change the episode you just watched. The forum is just a way for many 'viewers' to yell at the 'TV' for all of the other 'viewers' to hear.

As artists, I would expect Giz & Dave to enjoy knowing their work evokes emotion. It means they are doing their job in enticing us.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Vitocap wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:35 am
How long till the last strip in the volume? (You know, the strip that mirrors the first one?)
Current strip is #1338. So, twelve strips - four weeks, lawd willin' an' the creek don' rise - until the end of the volume.

(Hover your mouse pointer over the strip and the number appears. I'm not sure how you get it on a tablet or 'phone.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Now, Didi. Don't talk with your mouth full. Naughty. :ymsmug:
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Several people mentioned here that the band breakup occurred while sharing the stage with a "famous band".

That was actually the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Zii's band had moved up quite a bit and was the local opening act for the RHCP. Then, when the time for the encore at the end of the RHCP set came, they asked Zii's band to join them on stage... and the Peppers were clad only in... a single sock over each cock. :D

And then one of them (was it unspecified? Flea?) had a wardrobe incident...

Anyway, here's where I really start feeling for Sonya. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)