Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 24-08-17 A Convincing Argument

Post by Fluffy »

Varanus wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:52 am
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 am
He also doesn't seem to understand that Strippers aren't hookers and sex isn't part of their service.
He didn't say that though, he said he didn't want Abbey to equate taking off your clothes with making money. His only reference to sex in that context was his concern that "Chloe" didn't realize how readily many in the audience would take the opportunity to get sex with her.
Lance specifically went to the strip club with the intent to find a woman interested in partaking in a threesome with him and Pandora. And some strippers will break house rules in order to have sex with clients for a little extra cash (if they're caught; the stripper gets fired and the client gets banned from the establishment).

Strippers may not be hookers; but some come can come damned close to it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 am
Varanus wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:52 am
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 am
He also doesn't seem to understand that Strippers aren't hookers and sex isn't part of their service.
He didn't say that though, he said he didn't want Abbey to equate taking off your clothes with making money. His only reference to sex in that context was his concern that "Chloe" didn't realize how readily many in the audience would take the opportunity to get sex with her.
Lance specifically went to the strip club with the intent to find a woman interested in partaking in a threesome with him and Pandora. And some strippers will break house rules in order to have sex with clients for a little extra cash (if they're caught; the stripper gets fired and the client gets banned from the establishment).

Strippers may not be hookers; but some come can come damned close to it.
Not to mention Pandora could just phrase it thusly "Hey sexy, interested in a threesome after work?" I'm not sure that they're going to have the menage a trois -at the club- but with Pandora.... you never know.

Falaris

Post by Falaris »

"This is the captain of the good ship Lance Argument. We just hit an ice berg. Abandon ship!"

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

The arguments seem to focus on the idea that strippers equate to hookers and that they'd be paying for these services.

Pandora is a succubus. She has her pick. No cash required.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Lance doesn't know that.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

I think that both Lance and Teddy have valid points. That being said, I think Lance has less moral clout right now. Even if it was Padora's idea, if he was really so morally against stripping, he shouldn't have come. And judging by his expression in that last panel, I don't think it took much convincing. He cannot say "it's wrong to take clothes off for money" when he is sitting there, PAYING for it! Pandora's idea or not, that leg doesn't stand.

On a seperate note, I've noticed some comments about stripping in general, and I would highly reccamend a book, Stripped by Bernadette Barton. It's a very interesting read and dispelled a lot of pre-conceived notions I had about stippers. And if you're curious about MALE strippers, check out Take it Off by Taylor Cole and Justin Whitfield.

As for Teddy, he has been playing a bit irresponsibly with her new Chloe body. To be fair, it started as her trying to help Chloe, but I think it's gotten a little out of control lately. Especially as Lance points out, Teddy is still in high school. I'm sure Teddy would NEVER want his little sister doing what he's doing now. That being said, seeing as how Teddy is literally a boy trapped in a girl's body, he's got a LOT more perspective than his father. (am I the only one having a hard time knowing which pronouns to use here?)

On another seperate note, I was thinking about a few strips back when Teddy bemoaned that he was always making things worse for Chloe. Personally, I found the irony so think I could have choked on it. Let's examine things shall we? Since Chloe came into his life; she destroyed his parent's marriage, killed him at least once, and has designated his soul for hell. And that's just the most obvious examples. And yes she's been trying to undo what she's done, MOST of the time. But she's also screwed it up every step of the way, sometimes intentionally. Like during the Valentine's Day arc when she delivered that insulting cake.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

A sound analysis. Thumbs up.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Thank you!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:21 am
Good on Teddy for calling Lance out. Because after that last panel, he really has no room to judge.
He's a parent, of course he has room to judge who is allowed and who isn't allowed to see his child. That's part of being a parent. Even being a deadbeat one like him.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 pm
He's a parent, of course he has room to judge who is allowed and who isn't allowed to see his child. That's part of being a parent. Even being a deadbeat one like him.
Why is everyone so quick to assume he's a deadbeat? Yet, no one referring to their mom the same way, and we haven't seen her period. :-\

We don't know what sort of arrangement Lance has with his kids, or why he hasn't been around 'til now. I had a friend in highschool who only saw his father a few times during the year, because his dad was a trucker and he rarely took time off. But his family was well taken care off.

It's even more common in fiction, especially anime and manga, 'cuz it's often used to explain why the protagonist's parents are never seen. The most common one being, that their parents either travel abroad, or work overseas most of the time. But their kids are almost always given regular allotments to cover their food and living expenses.

So I'm willing to give Lance the benefit of a doubt, for now.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well Lance's moral authority sure went up in smoke. At least he wasn't being repulsively self righteous.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 pm
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:21 am
Good on Teddy for calling Lance out. Because after that last panel, he really has no room to judge.
Problem is the place they'd end up having this threesome would be at home - you know, where Abby live; thus, exposing her to more sexual escapades (moreso than he already has, anyway - what with having Abby watch as he swallows Pandora's tonsils every morning at the breakfast table and probably every meal thereafter).

So, no - Lance has zero place to judge.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

thesteve

Post by thesteve »

TJgalon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:19 am
how old do you need to be a stripper? Is the age 18, cause if so, her being in highschool and a stripper would still work.
The minimum age in Canada to get a burlesque license is 18. In some provinces that means you can strip but not drink. There are strippers who are still in highschool, but it's uncommon, and there are usually extenuating circumstances. For the US, I suspect it varies by state. University students are extremely common because of the high debt load.

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Haha, pot, meet kettle. :))
I'd say that this will be a learning experience for them about jumping to conclusions and making judgments, but honestly, I doubt they will learn anything from it in the end. :p

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

People seem to be laying a lot of blame on Lance, when we already know for a fact that people under the influence of succubus pheromones act pretty out of character when directed by the source, and especially when it comes to all things "sexy". Given the fact that Lance specifically states that he's mainly there because Pandora wanted to go, I'm inclined to think this was all her idea and he didn't really have any choice but to go along with it.

With the amount of "physical contact" they've had, I would say that Lance has pretty much no choice over any interaction he has with Pandora at this point.