Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

24-08-17 She knows her priorities

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 24-08-17 She knows her priorities

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Ah, okay, perhaps this will be the consequence that Zii will actually care about! She will get kicked out of her own band, so it will become "Izz and the Troublemakers," while leaving her again listless and without purpose.

Also, broken record a bit: it is a rather arousing tryst, but I just cannot support the pairing.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Well Didi turned out to be a faster learner than expected. Maybe Kiley wasn't trying or zii's teaching stats are maxed out. Band theft could be a thing, but I wouldn't expect a fan to put their favorite musician out of business.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fair point. Even if there is no usurping, Sonya and even Yuki could force Zii out (perhaps rightly so) - both from jealousy, though Yuki may be less so, but rather be convinced that Zii is unreliable enough to be kicked out since she prioritised a f--k over the band.

EDIT: another consequence could be that Sonya kicks her out of the apartment. Since Peggy is currently staying at her old place - and wouldn't be able to move again right away, or even want to move - Zii will be back to Jung's back room or her van... Although, history has shown that she will probably luck her way into far more agreeable circumstances, but that is passed the short term repercussions I'm guessing about.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

How was it that Zii lost her old band again?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh well, the weird implausibility of the previous couple of strips isn't going to be rationalised or excused. DiDi and Zii always loved each other, despite the fact that they never showed any sign of this, and that's Ma3 truth. Hey ho.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:59 am
Ah, okay, perhaps this will be the consequence that Zii will actually care about! She will get kicked out of her own band, so it will become "Izz and the Troublemakers," while leaving her again listless and without purpose.
I suspect that the band is indestructible now. It was, on the face of it, a bad idea consisting of two people who couldn't stand each other and a third who wanted to avoid the first two, the relationships between the three of them aren't really much better now, and all of them manage to annoy each other in large and small ways quite regularly. But you've got plot necessity on one level combined with creative tension and a weird deep-seated mutual love on another. It'll bend but never break. (And Izz is still a very erratic musician at best, last we heard.)

Which said, Zii is doing her best to put a lot of stress on the structure. Sonya looks really convincingly worried there, to a point in panel 3b which makes me feel sorry for her, and Yuki doesn't look happy either. There'll be tears before bedtime, obviously.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:59 am
Also, broken record a bit: it is a rather arousing tryst, but I just cannot support the pairing.
Why should a couple of fictional characters give a flying wet slap whether you support them or not?

For that matter, lots of things happen in stories that a sensible person wouldn't "support" in reality. That's usually what makes good stories.
capicoli wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:01 am
Well Didi turned out to be a faster learner than expected. Maybe Kiley wasn't trying or zii is zii's teaching stats are maxed out.
Of course Kiley wasn't trying to teach DiDi to be a good lover; she's heterosexual, and all the sexual contact with the physically overwhelming DiDi was stressful enough as it was. Encouraging more would have just been torturing herself.
Gil Hamilton wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am
How was it that Zii lost her old band again?
Yuki assaulted a bunch of famous musicians on stage, in front of an audience, nobody would book them, and the other two band members walked out to save their own careers. Then Zii found Yuki increasingly overwhelming, and waled out on her.

(Presumably the local venues have short enough memories that they'll now take a risk on a band including Zii and Yuki again.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am
another consequence could be that Sonya kicks her out of the apartment. Since Peggy is currently staying at her old place - and wouldn't be able to move again right away, or even want to move - Zii will be back to Jung's back room or her van... Although, history has shown that she will probably luck her way into far more agreeable circumstances, but that is passed the short term repercussions I'm guessing about.
Wouldn't she just go back to her old place. She only left because of Gary and Didi and now she has Didi. Unless she pops some sudden concern about Gary's feelings.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Thing is, Peggy now lives there, so it's not just as simple as saying "Hey, I'm back". Although I suppose DiDi & her could share a room, if they're supposed to be serious.

Still not buying the pairing's romantic connection, but I suppose it's too late to try to hammer that in now. Pretty curious to see how this all pans out, especially how Zii would react as things get serious.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 am
Why should a couple of fictional characters give a flying wet slap whether you support them or not?

For that matter, lots of things happen in stories that a sensible person wouldn't "support" in reality. That's usually what makes good stories.
Well damn, they wouldn't care, and their fictional nature makes it moot, yet doesn't mean I can't care.
You made a reasonable counterpoint when quoting me earlier, but then make a snarky, condescending remark? Since you like condescension: an audience can support or be against any element of a story, good or bad, as it allows further engagement for said audience in the sequence of events that form the story.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You keep talking as though the audience has some rights over the content of the story. They don't. They can always walk away and stop reading if they dislike it enough, obviously, but they can't then complain if enough people stay for the creator to carry on regardless.

Now, members of an audience are welcome to dislike or like individual characters (and God knows I do), and very often that's the idea. (Though people going on and on and on about how they dislike some character who's clearly just meant to be complex or interestingly flawed gets really boring, really quickly.) But "supporting" characters? I mean, with what? Fictional scaffolding?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I have a feeling Zii is about to lose her band to Izz. Or, at least, Izz is about to make her play for it.

It might not make perfect sense at this moment, but I'm thinking bigger picture here: Since Izz appeared I've wondered just what in the hell she's even doing in this story, what all that copycatting was about, and so-on. The storyline payoff is about to happen. That's one of the things we're setting up here.

Remember, Zii having sex with the wrong person was what broke her original band up in the first place.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm still not 100% on Zii's actual level of commitment/love for Didi, and how much of it is lust still. Building up the bonds they've made over the many experiences they've shared helps, I admit. We'll have to see what she's willing sacrifice to keep Didi. As it is going, Sonya and the Troublemakers band appear to be on the chopping block. I also wonder how much smothering Didi will be able to endure.

I feel a little sorry for Sonya, but only a little. The karma train is making a stop at her place. Considering Sonya's dramasexuality, I don't see her taking this easily. Plotting and revenge seem appropriate responses. Kicking Zii out of her house is more than justified.

Having Izzy be Zii's eventual replacement seems like where this is going. I guess we'll see how well se'll do in that position, or if the band disintegrates.

I'm not saying that the art of cunnilingus doesn't have its difficulties to master, but I'd imagine Zii - in her need to have her itch scratched especially by Didi - is going to really enjoy Didi getting sloppy with her... for a long time it seems as band practice is going to take a while. I'd imagine that barring an unfortunate biting issue, there's not as much pinching/fumbling/nail gouging to happen fingering her as opposed to having oral sex with her.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:13 pm
I have a feeling Zii is about to lose her band to Izz. Or, at least, Izz is about to make her play for it.
A barely sub-competent musician?
It might not make perfect sense at this moment, but I'm thinking bigger picture here: Since Izz appeared I've wondered just what in the hell she's even doing in this story, what all that copycatting was about, and so-on.
I believe that the creators have admitted that they make a lot of stuff up as they go along.
Remember, Zii having sex with the wrong person was what broke her original band up in the first place.
No it wasn't.
---------
Spidrift

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

I'm with Ollie, I can't support the pairing as both are being selfish. Didi only wants orgasms but needs a personal connection with her partner to get off. Zii has lusted after Didi since day one and is using Didi to forget about her personal problems. i.e. what to do about Sonya and her own attraction sexual and personal towards Gary.

I'm beginning to think that they both need to seek real psychiatric help. (NOT KILEY!)

Edited to add that this is me expressing my opinion. I just have hopes that there is some change in the storyline and/or character relationships eventually.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Once again, Poor Sonya. Yes, Sonya could kick Zii out but she would just move back in with Gary, Didi, and Peggy but share Didi's bedroom. Maybe Zii will lose her band or get kicked out but she'll still have Didi. You win some, you lose some.