Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by yiraheerai »

Thank you for the information. I learned a thing :) It's relieving that it doesn't seem like it'll be overwhelming.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm glad I could help clarify that :-) For many actors, if they live not far from the filming location, it's kind of like any other job.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Today Sam Sixkiller, Sherriff Billy Blackstone, Billy Bear, Billy Sole, Mr. Quick, and El Coyote have passed. Farewell Sonny Landham.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89

Sigh..anyone else feeling depressed?

In my local news, police rescued a kitten that a couple tried to throw away in the trash. The kitten has a broken leg, but is recovering and the couple have been charged with animal cruelty.

In other news: Cops on top of Dunkin' Donuts

If you don't want to follow the link, the cops are doing this in the local region to raise money for Special Olympics :-)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Doesn't he work in Spain now?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

'J' wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:25 pm
hey don, where were you last weekend?
...Germany.

But I hate Nutella. :ymsick:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Where did I get Spain? :-\

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

He was in Spain for a while.

Pioneering satirist / humorist and civil rights hero Dick Gregory passed today. :(

And in different news: Paul Allen funded and lead expedition finds the USS Indianapolis in the Philippine Sea.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

BTW ... what the hell is Nutella?
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Nutella is a brand of sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

RIP Jerry Lewis :(

@Searcher: Huh. I just assumed Nutella was well-known across the Western hemisphere. I actually used to think (when I was a kid) that it was German, because it is so ubiquitous here.

So Az has it right.

@yira: I've been working in Spain since the beginning of March, but since two weeks, I've been home again for summer kind-of-vacation.

So Az has it right again. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Farewell, indeed, Jerry Lewis. :(

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I feel bad I didn't know you were back in Germany but at least I didn't completely make up the Spain part.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don...either Searcher doesn't buy groceries or doesn't have a TV or skips the commercials because it's hard to go more than about a day here without seeing a commercial for Nutella and the knockoff brands are rather common here.