15-08-17 Practice practice practice

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JTheCreator

Re: 15-08-17 Practice practice practice

Post by JTheCreator »

The comic archive is still broken from the server shift awhile back. Does anyone know how close we are to the bookend? I wanna see this blow up.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The alt-text says this is strip #1334. So, sixteen to go.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

How very noble of Zii. /:)

I do wonder if she has fully thought out what "encore and encore" entails given Didi's first attempt. Hilarious consequences seem likely.

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:50 pm
I still expect the love-hate relationship with Roxie to be a possibility...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Roxie already in a relationship?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think that she was recently in a relationship with Brandy, but that it was mostly over without malice or prejudice unless Brandy was a total horn-dog and Roxie couldn't say no. I could be wrong though.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am
One of these days, Zii is going to start paying full attention to what DiDi says, and realise just how weird her relationship with Kiley actually was.
Doubtful. Zii doesn't seem the type who would care. However, she may start caring if Didi turns out to be the type that can never learn to be good at pleasing another woman.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

edisnooM wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:40 pm
How very noble of Zii. /:)

I do wonder if she has fully thought out what "encore and encore" entails given Didi's first attempt. Hilarious consequences seem likely.
May her sensitive parts get bruised and sore.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Ulterior motives all around.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am
One of these days, Zii is going to start paying full attention to what DiDi says, and realise just how weird her relationship with Kiley actually was.
Doubtful. Zii doesn't seem the type who would care. However, she may start caring if Didi turns out to be the type that can never learn to be good at pleasing another woman.
Zii may not have much sympathy - up until this scene, the unstated joke was that Zii has hardly met Kiley, but from Zii's point of view, Kiley's sole function in life seemed to be doing things that annoyed Zii - but she has a working bump of curiosity. If Zii ever actually listens to what DiDi says about that relationship, while not being fixated on the hypno-boobs, she might just realise how much DiDi didn't understand and just how weird it got.

But maybe more likely, Zii will catch up with Kiley some day, start talking about all the trouble Kiley has caused her (while Kiley looks confused), and then say "but despite all that, I want to thank you for everything you did for DiDi" - at which Kiley looks terrified, eyes the door, and hisses "She's not here, is she?"
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:32 am
Ulterior motives all around.
So what's new? The cast aren't actually awful people, but they're a bit self-absorbed.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Poor, poor Kiley. And some people complained about how quickly she broke the dysfunctional arrangement off and ran out the door.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am
So what's new? The cast aren't actually awful people, but they're a bit self-absorbed.
Some definitaly are.

Zii
Didi
Matt
Dillon
Sandra
That blonde Wrestling-bimbo (not Didi. The other one).
Jung.

Would you really want to spend time with any of those people in real-life? Being friends with them? Except for "i'd love to *ç*ç with XY"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Apart from Dillon, Sandra and Jung.... Not really, nope. And I would not care to have a fling with them, either.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Honestly? I might not want to be best buddies with most of them, and DiDi would be just too bloody annoying to want to be anywhere near, but Jung is exactly my sort of people (only better than the average at snark), Zii would be interesting to watch mature and is kind of interesting on the subject of music (if far too much of an American metalhead), Matt clearly has charisma and a better grasp of people than he wants to let on, and Sandra has potential if one can keep her off the booze. Okay, Dillon's a pratt, but since Ruby got to him, he's started to calm down a bit, and the passion for his day job is kind of admirable. I'd appreciate the introductions.

(And flings are not the issue here. I'm not on the market, and I really doubt I'm any of their types.)
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Shinjischneider wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Some definitaly are.

Zii
Didi
Matt
Dillon
Sandra
Jung.

Would you really want to spend time with any of those people in real-life? Being friends with them? Except for "i'd love to *ç*ç with XY"
Out of the wrestlers, I'd say Roxie is worse. :p Maura seems naïve and a bit dim witted. Roxie seems to knowingly be a terrible person and not just as an act for wrestling.

Not a fan of Zii myself, however, out of that list, I'd say it really depends on how you catch them.

Matt for instance may not be that bad to those who don't actually have any desire to sleep with him. Problem is, almost every guy and girl we've seen in the comic, has been willing to sleep with him. I'd almost believe it, if it didn't have every guy who wasn't Gary, sleeping with him :p

Sandra, we've only ever seen her really use one person, and that was Didi for prestige. Her own comic may have changed her a bit. Also, they added that after being freaked out and totally opposed to sleeping with a girl, she now is willing to be all over Cammi. So, I'd say we're stuck on where they want to go with her.

Didi is dumb. Can you be friends with someone who is dumb? I'm sure most can. The difference is, the forum goers may actually call her out on her crap :p

Jung hasn't seemed that bad really. Runs a business. Hires someone in desperate need of a job to be the worker he wanted.

Dillion...self absorbed.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

This seems like a "Death By Snoo-Snoo" joke in the making.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Shinjischneider wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Some definitaly are.

Zii
Didi
Matt
Dillon
Sandra
Jung.

i certainly would. why shouldn't i?
Yet still, I live...