Dangerously Chloe 7-08-17 I Can Still Save Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-08-17 I Can Still Save Her

Post by lordoffiling »

When people get revived, it usually isn't because the Reaper who was supposed to be in charge of overseeing the death accidentally tipped off their girlfriend.

Basically Alchemy indirectly broke the non-interference rule she apparently has to follow.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe he's having trouble meeting his quota.
Maybe he objects to people he knows deliberately interfering with his work.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Varanus wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm
People do get revived in real life, so I wonder why Alchemy wants Teddy to stop? Unless reapers are against all such things, but then why do they not interfere with hospitals and paramedics?
Probably some sort of policy they must follow. Technically, since it was Alchemy who told Teddi that her colleague OD'd, if it wasn't for Al's influence, Teddi wouldn't've intervened and (possibly) revived her.

Al probably is the kind of person who is just supposed to quietly watch how things unfold, as even telling others that things are unfolding (read: "hey, someone's dying") might be enough to prompt a change of fate.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Autumn is clever and quick-thinking, and Teddi is very brave.
:-?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not clever enough to avoid an O.D. ....

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm
When people get revived, it usually isn't because the Reaper who was supposed to be in charge of overseeing the death accidentally tipped off their girlfriend.

Basically Alchemy indirectly broke the non-interference rule she apparently has to follow.
Right, Autumn surviving here would be a direct result of him telling Teddy about it. Autumn was likely schedule to die since Al knew to be there.

Chances are that if Alchemy hadn't told Teddy that Autumn OD'd, they probably wouldn't have found her body until the next day, which would have been too late for anyone to help her.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Is being "scheduled to die" really a thing here? I don't recall it being stated but if so it implies quite a bit of ability to tell the future. Alchemy knew for instance that Teddy was assigned go to Hell when he died, but she didn't know when it was going to happen. I just assumed reapers teleport in when someone is on the verge of death or already dead, that they sense the life going out but they don't get advance notice beyond that (and they apparently don't always get there since finding ghosts is part of their job too it seems).

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Unless Teddy has a dose of Narcan close, it's a moot point. CPR is not going to revive an OD.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

On reaper "scheduling", I seem to recall that when Abby impaled herself on the scythe Alchemy got a call about and unscheduled reaping in the area, so it seemed like everyone had an hourglass somewhere.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Not that that helped the second time Abby impaled herself... Kimmy was too busy with Teddi to notice. :p
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Ghost Boobs!

They're mildly annoying

There is your shirt

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Insectoid wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 am
Not that that helped the second time Abby impaled herself... Kimmy was too busy with Teddi to notice. :p
If her scythe hasn't undergone its scheduled maintenance yet, they might have just ignored it. "Huh. Abigail Decarlo, prematurely reaped again? We really need to tune Alchemy's scythe."
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Given the hypo is still in her arm I don't think this is going to work. That's a massive OD there.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yeah, it's a big if....