05-08-17 How can I believe that now

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

AnUnconcernedCitizen

Re: 05-08-17 How can I believe that now

Post by AnUnconcernedCitizen »

Didi, I understand now. Your thing with Gary was benefits with a friend. Your thing with Zii, however, would be a friend with benefits. Totally different.

There are two delusions going on here, though. One on Zii's side that her distress came solely from Didi and not at all from Gary. And one on Didi's side that Zii can replace Kiley. And probably a third on Lita's side that Gary will come save her.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

It still feels like we skipped a scene, since last we saw Didi was convinced Zii was in love with Gary, wasn't she?

At this point it seems like "orgasm withdrawal" Didi may be worse than "hasn't experienced an orgasm before" Didi. I mean to fuck Gary all night long and then turn around and tell Zii "I much prefer you over Gary" just sounds so callous to both Gary and Zii.

And while Didi might be on the right track in thinking that "deeper emotional connection will make things feel better," I still doubt Zii will give her the sort of emotional bond she is looking for. Zii just isn't that sappy. And honestly until Didi decides to look for a relationship first and an orgasm second I doubt she'll find what she's looking for.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I would hope they would just fuck already but there's going to an interruption. Sonya or Yuki is going to walk in on them.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

One step forward, two oversized leaps back, miss Nielsen. =_=
DocMesa wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:24 am
We go now to our relationship expert Ambassador Kosh for his view on this unexpected turn of events:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_jNklBqVCA

And Ambassador Kosh nails it again, no pun intended!

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Does it feel like we're in a time loop to anyone else? It seems like recently we've been going through a number of scenarios that we've already been through before. If Bill Murray shows up I'm out. :-)

Personally I'm not sure Didi is being (consciously) deceptive here, I think she might at the moment believe what she's saying, while also experiencing convenient memory loss (her idea of Gary+Zii, etc.).

For Zii's part, I'm guessing she is supposed to be overcome with "Didi" here since it seems to have slipped her mind that she already had that moment of clarity a while back when she told Didi that she was only in lust with her and not really in love. Something that Didi seems to have forgotten as well.

All in all I imagine this is going to have more hijinks before it's over, and probably won't end well. I'm guessing Zii like Gary will fail to overcome, which if so I can't imagine the fallout being pretty for anybody involved. Someone walking in on them also seems like a likely outcome, but Sonya seems like the only one who would have a key and that almost seems too obvious.

Gary coming over to talk to Zii about Didi would be kind of funny / ironic, but could throw Zii's already addled mental state completely out the window.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

magicrectangle wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:42 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:51 am
Zii: stop it! For Sonya's sake. You owe her at least that much.
She doesn't owe Sonya a damn thing.
That's one bad case of short-term memory loss you got there.

She promised.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

edisnooM wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm
If Bill Murray shows up I'm out. :-)
I've always liked Groundhog Day. ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm
Personally I'm not sure Didi is being (consciously) deceptive here, I think she might at the moment believe what she's saying, while also experiencing convenient memory loss (her idea of Gary+Zii, etc.).
Me, I don't think that DiDi is capable of being consciously deceptive. (She's too married to the idea that she's a "good person".) Her capacity for unconscious self-deception, on the other hand, is infinite. It's how all the great liars work; they can't tell lies from truth themselves, so they generate no "tells".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Okey-doke, DiDi's officially a terrible human being and Zii's not far behind. Maybe Gary could just migrate to another comic so I could stop reading this one altogether...

leann123

Post by leann123 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Zii realize that now she doesn't want it because she wants to be with Gary. I never saw Zii and Didi together because Zii just wanted to fuck her. She got genuinely nervous and blushy around Gary.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I think Zii and Gary are reserved for the comic's finale... aaaaand speaking of finales, this is strip 1331, so we have 19 more strips to wrap up Vol 9.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Zii meet your glands. Glands, this is Zii. *Glands reach up Zii's nose and pull out her brain. Glands then grab Zii by the crotch and proceed to lead her away."

*Zii's brain call out from the floor where it landed. "Hey! You could at least put me in a bowl or something!"*

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

"You motor-boatin' sonofabitch!!! You old sailor, you!!!"

Couldn't resist.

Remo Williams,

The Master of Sinanju.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Prydonian wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:56 pm
Okey-doke, DiDi's officially a terrible human being and Zii's not far behind. Maybe Gary could just migrate to another comic so I could stop reading this one altogether...
I'm sure that there's a piece of software somewhere that sends that threat to these boards as from various readers once every couple of weeks. It's been running continuously since about a month after the comic started. The names of the hated and liked characters change at random, of course.

(Anyway, at least Zii looks like some kind of complete human being, even if she's a flawed one. DiDi looks like a broken fragment of one, and Gary has a blank space where his personality should be.)
rogermart wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:32 pm
I think Zii and Gary are reserved for the comic's finale... aaaaand speaking of finales, this is strip 1331, so we have 19 more strips to wrap up Vol 9.
Hmm; no drop-down strip selector box at the moment, so I can't trivially jump to strip #1201 to remind myself what #1350 will be echoing. Someone remind me...
RemoWilliams wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 pm
"You motor-boatin' sonofabitch!!! You old sailor, you!!!"
Bonus points observation; this is, I think, the second time we've seen DiDi motorboated. Both times, it's been a sign of unreliable sanity on the part of the boater.
Last edited by Spidrift on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:23 pm
magicrectangle wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:42 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:51 am
Zii: stop it! For Sonya's sake. You owe her at least that much.
She doesn't owe Sonya a damn thing.
That's one bad case of short-term memory loss you got there.

She promised.
Precisely. She is in her house. Sonya's house. She asked Sonya to leave her own house to have that 'no-sex-on-my <blank>' talk with Didi.

I'll concede that Sonya is manipulating Zii into trying to see the benefits of living with her (on a more permanent basis). I also am not blind to seeing that Sonya is doing her damnedest to try to convince Zii that their relationship is non-committal, in order to not scare Zii off. Sonya is being a little wicked, but is just sugar-coating it in her own particular way. But she is also in love with Zii (or at least in love with the drama/uncertainty Zii brings into her life), and she has proved it to us that she is so.

Didi, on the other hand, is chasing her O. It is possible she is projecting her missing Zii from their household and blending it with her O-chasing, and thinks that if she can sex Zii up she'll move back in... and all will be well like some erotic fairy tale. Didi is quite manipulative in her own right. She knows the power of cleavage, and especially when it is a weakness to her quarry. Is she outright evil for it? Not any more than a puppy doing a trick in order to get showered with affection or treats. She's using what she knows has worked in the past, especially with her very limited logical argument experience (read: practically non-existent). Of course, that does make Didi more of a simpleton, but then I don't think anyone was going to see her win a prize for her intellect. I equate Didi's cleavage to Jake's eyes from The Blues Brothers in being able to get what she wants.

And yes: it seems she has forgotten Gary in this whole fiasco. Unless she is trying to lure Zii back to confront her affection for Gary, and while at it getting her own O out of it. Maybe a real menage a trois? It does seem to kick Peggy out to the curb, yet again. But then, Didi does treat some people disposably even if unintentionally.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.