03-08-17 You hurt me bad

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 03-08-17 You hurt me bad

Post by Vitocap »

Alice Macher wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:23 pm
I generally avoid diagnosing fictional characters (that I'm not qualified to diagnose even real-life people is the least of it). But I'm beginning to think DiDi may be a near-textbook case study of narcissistic personality disorder. Whether she realizes it or not, she manages to make everything about her.

Here she's ostensibly apologizing to Zii, but still managing to make it all about her need for yet another "orgasme." So she's still not treating Zii as a person in her own right. Even when Zii outright spells out for her that DiDi broke her heart, DiDi thinks the way to mend it is to have Zii get her off. I don't think there's any malice on DiDi's part; she's just so focused on herself as the only "real" person around, she simply doesn't get that Zii is in love with her.
This is a very credible analysis. DiDi has had this problem since her very first appearance: she has always dealt with her partners through a consumer-like pattern of use and discard. She doesn't seem to think of them as real humans; heck, she doesn't even seem to realize how she leaves a trail of heartbroken people as she goes.
Mind you, Zii's idea of "love" is somewhat eccentric, too -- a sort of polyamorous circle that encompasses every likable person around her. It could be argued that DiDi isn't really to blame for not noticing Zii's feelings, because Zii being in love with DiDi is only a part of her grand romantic/sexual network.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

suranae

Post by suranae »

This turn of events should've happened a couple of volumes back right after the all girl orgy in Gary's room,logically speaking. This you broke my heart line plays better after that drunken confession of love.

Considering she played it off after didi started hiding from her behind couches it now sounds like childish vainglory. Especially since zii was trying to score rebound sex.

Neither has leg to stand upon.

Also Amber, Miley, Peggy, or matt needs to point out to Suzie she's done this or something similar to other people at least twice.

She cucked gary with yuki & Erik walked in time hear her confess to having lust bordering on love to didi's face.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of Didi's presence in the strip. After a while, everyone will be so fed up with her behaviour, they'll all tell her to stay out of their lives.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm afraid that won't happen Milnoc because of the "Didi effect". Didi will continue to get away with her unthinking selfishness simply because she's sexy. Same could be said for Yuki in that she gets away with her selfishness and violent outbursts simply because she's the cute weeaboo fantasy girl that had a neglectful childhood.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

The Didi effect is beyond sexiness, Sonya is sexy, Zii is sexy, Tracy is sexy, Amber is sexy, Peggy is sexy, yet none of them can get away with what Didi gets away with... I don't think even Zoe (from SotR) with all her sexiness can get away with what Didi gets away with...

Didi is seen by people close to her as "the most beautiful girl in all creation" (Sandra's words), "The most gorgeous girl in Montreal" (Matt's words), "I want you more than i ever wanted anyone else" (Zii's Words), Annie Conda saw her and instead of writing an autograph she wrote her phone number, guys who have stamina finish a lot quicker with her, she goes to a club and she gets massively drunk for free because almost everyone buys her a drink, the second she enters a strip club people stop paying attention to the strippers, even Eulice told her she's so pretty... It's like she is seen as the reincarnation of Aphrodite mixed with Chemical X...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Roxie seems immune to the "DiDi effect" though and she's into girls. She probably thinks DiDi is attracted, but she doesn't seem mesmerized by her like everyone else.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

rogermart wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:41 pm
Sonya is sexy, Zii is sexy, Tracy is sexy, Amber is sexy, Peggy is sexy
No love for Kiley? She can be sexy too especially when she was wearing that catsuit during Matt's 4-way.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Jajajajaja i just mentioned some examples. Kiley is one of my favorites, that scene when she practices the animals :-bd

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am
Roxie seems immune to the "DiDi effect" though and she's into girls. She probably thinks DiDi is attracted, but she doesn't seem mesmerized by her like everyone else.
Roxie is indeed inmune, nothing about Didi attracts her, she even hates her franglish... But hey, if Jessica Jones can be inmune to Killgrave...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Huh. I actually feel a little proud of Suzi. It's not like her to resist temptation.

Now she just needs to resist a mountain of amazonian muscle.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

rogermart wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:35 am
Cortez wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am
Roxie is indeed inmune, nothing about Didi attracts her, she even hates her franglish... But hey, if Jessica Jones can be inmune to Killgrave...
Have we ever seen the DiDi effect work on Sonya? She sure doesn't seem enamored of her, either.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

A little bit...

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/That_is_a_great_idea

But you know, Sonya is "not a lesbian" =))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

More to the point, Sonya wants to be a seductress supreme herself. So she recognises the DiDi effect, but it makes her categorise DiDi as competition, strongly enough that it overcomes most of her inclination to see DiDi as an object of desire.

I wonder if that's a clue about Roxie's immunity too. She's not just a lesbian, she's kind of cutely butch, and her own known object of desire, while somewhat more feminine, is another wrestler - a strong, athletic woman. She may have an active allergy to conspicuous femininity, regarding girly-girl types as silly and weak - so her first, reflex reaction to the DiDi Effect becomes irritation rather than desire.

If that's right, incidentally, then as DiDi becomes a competent wrestler, Roxie may find herself perceiving DiDi more as "strong" rather than "girly-girl", and hence as more desirable. Well, it's nice when the experimental test for a hypothesis comes so easily to hand...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.