Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Post by Varanus »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:03 pm
I seem to recall she flew off in tears, rather than a huff.
My mistake, the point is she got too upset too quickly and failed to consider why Teddy was so desperate. It honestly seemed out of character for someone who is supposed to care about him.
JTheCreator wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm
I'd count her giving Teddy the drink as recompense for killing his sister by mistake.
And yet it is still interfering. But see below for how little she was against saving Chloe.
I don't recall her wanting to have sex with Chloe - Teddi yes. Who then tried to coax her into changing form to bang Chloe.
Alchemy's only hangup was that she thought Teddy and her were a thing, once Teddy explained why he asked her this Alchemy convinced HERSELF in a matter of seconds. It was obvious that Alchemy wanted to have sex with her, she says as much earlier, Teddy even smiled knowingly when Alchemy stated "you convinced me, happy?"

Note too that she never once mentioned a "shouldn't interfere" code in this scene.

Heck, when Teddy asked if Alchemy wanted to have sex with Chloe, she replied "who wouldn't, amirite"? And only got surprised when she realized Teddy meant right away.
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm
Clearly even the writers thought Teddy was the one that had to apologize.
Given other decisions the writers have made in these stories that only means so much.

On that note, Teddy feeling the need to apologize is in character, I just don't like him seemingly being depicted as the only one at fault and Alchemy as having been perfectly reasonable in abandoning him and Chloe.
Wrong again, because Alchemy never contradicted themselves. If you don't understand how gender fluidity works, that's on you.
Then explain what that scene of Alchemy saying "I'm a girl, I'm a girl" and changing into her female form was about if its something she truly has no control over? Is that something that real gender fluid people can do? Heck, Alchemy even first describes their form as being partly dependent on how others perceive them. Unless all that has been retconned it seems a lot more complicated than simply "I'm a boy sometimes, a girl others and there is no way to influence the change."
Also, pressuring someone into having sex is wrong too, it doesn't matter if they're the Grim Reaper.
Alchemy was fine with being with Chloe, eager even, they weren't pressured into having sex (heck they seemed pretty ecstatic about it), the only pressure was Teddy stating the fact that Alchemy needed to be male if the whole point of the sex (saving her life) was to be accomplished, something Alchemy seemed to not even consider.

Your responses also seem to still be ignoring my central point, that all of these emotional hangups should be secondary to someone's life. I certainly hope you aren't saying its okay to not save someone's life simply because they accidentally insulted you.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

The first mistake is considering any of them gender fluid. Teddi has literally changed gender, which doesn't mean it had to change his personality, it however COULD change his personality as he's now gone through different things in life. Stuff like that changes personalities. We've obviously seen Teddy has gone from a nice guy to a sadistic asshole looking to let some guy die for him.

Al literally changes gender on a whim. That's not gender fluid, because gender fluid people can't change their bodies (and in AL's case, the personality seems to change with it) to suit their new gender. Al is just a shapeshifter.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Varanus wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 pm

On that note, Teddy feeling the need to apologize is in character, I just don't like him seemingly being depicted as the only one at fault

Because he was the only one at fault, he was the one being insensitive. Hence why he is the only one that apologized here.

Alchemy was fine with being with Chloe
And then she wasn't. This might surprise you, but people are allowed to change their minds on whether they want to consent to sex or not.

And no means no.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Cortez, this is getting ridiculous. Why are you continuing to ignore my main point about how protecting lives is more important than feelings? And when did Al say no to having sex? The only refusal was to trying to change sex using her powers. Teddy asked if she could try to turn male just this once as it was vital for the sex to have any chance of working, Alchemy got upset, and flew away.

I'm trying to understand your points here, but its hard to when your recollection of what happened on panel seems so different from what i just looked at, and your replies seem to dismiss a lot of what I say by not even noting I said it and basically repeat what you already claimed while not adding any supporting evidence.
Last edited by Varanus on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someone

Post by someone »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm
Al literally changes gender on a whim. That's not gender fluid, because gender fluid people can't change their bodies (and in AL's case, the personality seems to change with it) to suit their new gender. Al is just a shapeshifter.
They're fictional magic people. Of course real-world definitions are going to be stretched somewhat.

Al/Kimmy is gender fluid in that their personality changes from one gender to the other for whatever reason. Since they're a magical spirit rather than a mundane biological creature, their body changes accordingly. It's not the personality that changes with the body; it's the body that changes with the personality.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:01 am
Alchemy's profession offers vast potential for grim awkwardness..... @_@

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Teddi has literally changed gender, which doesn't mean it had to change his personality, it however COULD change his personality as he's now gone through different things in life. Stuff like that changes personalities. We've obviously seen Teddy has gone from a nice guy to a sadistic asshole looking to let some guy die for him.

Are we even reading the same comic? The whole point of all this idiocy is Teddi trying to find a guy that can have sex with Chloe *WITHOUT* dying. If Teddy had become a sadistic asshole looking to let some guy die for him, he would have signed up the first jock/bully for the job he could.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Dorgengoa wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm
Man, the laughs don't stop comin'. A stripper dying of an overdose in the boiler room? Not funny in the least. Said stripper's coworker being shocked because she was supposed to have quit? Under these specific circumstances, that's pretty chuckle-worthy.

I view it as sort of Gallows Humor/Black Comedy with the way the Recently Departed is all "Boo hoo hooooo". I bet her next words (if she gets any) are "I didn't know it was gonna kill me!"

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Zafnak wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:58 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Teddi has literally changed gender, which doesn't mean it had to change his personality, it however COULD change his personality as he's now gone through different things in life. Stuff like that changes personalities. We've obviously seen Teddy has gone from a nice guy to a sadistic asshole looking to let some guy die for him.

Are we even reading the same comic? The whole point of all this idiocy is Teddi trying to find a guy that can have sex with Chloe *WITHOUT* dying. If Teddy had become a sadistic asshole looking to let some guy die for him, he would have signed up the first jock/bully for the job he could.
Still risking someone else's life instead of trying to toughen up and risk his own.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well there is expediency to consider. How long do you think Teddi would have to work out to have the kind of body that could withstand sex with Chloe? Even if steroids were used it would take a considerable amount of time and really not work at all because Chloe needs to have sex with a man in order for this to work.

Alchemy on the other hand is a supernatural being with a body that can take a lot of punishment and change genders at will to suit Chloe so it seemed like the best solution at the time.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:54 am

Still risking someone else's life instead of trying to toughen up and risk his own.
For Teddy, no amount of physical prowess will do.
If he has sex with Chloe, even if he should survive the physical aspect, by the terms of the contract binding them together he will be dragged down to Hell.
This comic used to be about him finding a girlfriend so he could exploit a loophole and get out of the contract.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Everybody seems to point out how dark things got in this strip, but what they fail to acknowledge is the fact that this is Autumn's first appearance - she wasn't fleshed out (it's funny because she's left her mortal flesh behind, get it?) enough for us to care that she's dead now. Things could always have been darker.

We could've learned she had been in and out of rehab since she was 13 years old. We could've learned her boyfriend made her sell dope on street corners to make ends meet, and when they didn't he'd beat her senseless. We could've learned how after she'd been dumped she'd work at a brothel before finally ending up working at Jordan's strip club.

Instead, she's used as a punchline.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:26 am
If he has sex with Chloe, even if he should survive the physical aspect, by the terms of the contract binding them together he will be dragged down to Hell.
Teddy wished for a girlfriend, not to get laid. So I don't see how anyone (including Chloe) figures Teddy goes to Hell if they end up screwing each other. That wasn't what he asked for, therefore, it wouldn't fulfil the terms of the contract.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You forget this contract is by the rules of Hell.The infernal authorities' interpretation will always screw Teddy over in the worst way they can manage.
'Consummating a relationship', as in having sex, by their rules would confirm that he has pair-bonded with Chloe and thus damn him.

Taliesyn

Post by Taliesyn »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:36 am
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:26 am
Teddy wished for a girlfriend, not to get laid. So I don't see how anyone (including Chloe) figures Teddy goes to Hell if they end up screwing each other. That wasn't what he asked for, therefore, it wouldn't fulfil the terms of the contract.
You may want to re-read this then:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_for_life
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei