Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddi finds out she's not the only one "working" at the strip club!

Tython

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Post by Tython »

Well that got dark really fast.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I love that "Al" keeps "Kimmy's" cutesie scythe.

And that's an awkward situation, especially since now Teddy will have to tell Jordan that Autumn died.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

this sort of thing would lead to a routine police investigation of the premises and business practises. Someones' fake IDs may be in danger of exposure.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

So is this the first time that someone has actually died? Or are we going to get more death defying hijinks?

Also Teddy becoming gender fluid (if that is what this strip is implying) as a result of being forcibly gender-swapped without his consent still strikes me as kind of a sketchy takeaway from all this, and even moreso if his sexual orientation ends up changed at the end of wherever this arc is going.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

We had a precedent: Kade's preferences changed to the very opposite, but when he got swapped back, everything was back to norm.

Other swapped characters are nowhere as extreme, but there were no permanent changes either.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Yeah, "gender-fluid" meaning here... getting comfortable with new body and its reactions?

I'd have called that "adaptive." As opposed to Alchemy, who changes genders, physically, based on feelings.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Well that's a swerve.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

that really funny, it a not so funny way, lol.
"Somebody just stake me now"

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Woah! Dark turn!

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

AUTUMN NOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

So when DC ends, we can get Teddi & Al? :)

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Castamir wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:47 am
We had a precedent: Kade's preferences changed to the very opposite, but when he got swapped back, everything was back to norm.

Other swapped characters are nowhere as extreme, but there were no permanent changes either.
I suppose the difference I'm seeing here is that from the beginning Pandora said it was still him just in a different shape, and Teddy said it was still the same old him inside. But as the arc has progressed it seems the implication has been from when he was talking to Pandora and now here, that his gender identity is affected, and although Alchemy's duality makes it difficult to tell this strip could imply his orientation as well, both of which seem like dubious territory in an already sketchy situation.

Everything could still end up back to normal in the end, but given the questionable territory this arc has already gone through I'm not so sure.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I call bull on Teddy apologizing like this and Al not apologizing at all. It was Alchemy who never explained the details, got upset and ran off in a huff, didn't try to fix things, and completely ignored that someone's health/life was on the line.

Heck if the change is really beyond Alchemy's control then why was she/he introduced as being able to change gender with sheer willpower? i.e. the scene where Alchemy chants "I'm a girl" until she changes back?

And as others noted, I don't see how Teddy's situation has given him all that clear an idea of what it means to be gender fluid... but then Alchemy doesn't equate to that concept all that well either from what we've seen.

Basically if they are going for these characters having learned some kind of lesson or aesop it seems to be a rather broken one.

brasca

Post by brasca »

While I agree it really wasn't Teddy's fault for misunderstanding reuniting with Alchemy especially in male form may be the best way to get someone with the physical strength to survive sex with Chloe. Teddi has to butter him up first and looks like she's off to a good start.