Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

29-07-17 Feel mon coeur

Post by Giz »

Passing Through

Re: 29-07-17 Feel mon coeur

Post by Passing Through »

Didi may not be the worst (as in, most horrid) character to appear in a Pixie Trix comic, but she's right up there.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Huh, Sonya might be (or rather is) a manipulative, hypocritical possible-sociopath*, but damn, in the first panel, she has a valid point and I can't disagree with it.

*yes, most characters of the series have serious-to-moderate personality disorders, but this isn't about them for now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Passing Through wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:30 am
Didi may not be the worst (as in, most horrid) character to appear in a Pixie Trix comic, but she's right up there.
DiDi is just a monstrous product of her circumstances. She's not personally slimy and nasty the way that Nathan or Yvan or Takeru are.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 am
Huh, Sonya might be (or rather is) a manipulative, hypocritical possible-sociopath*, but damn, in the first panel, she has a valid point and I can't disagree with it.
Sonya seems to have some honest sympathy for other people. She tried to let Gary down gently when she dumped him, in her ham-fisted and deranged way, she had real trouble summoning what it took to dump her original boyfriend, and Peggy, one of the few characters here whose judgement I'd trust, seems to like her. She just loves her drama more than's good for anyone.

Anyway, salvaging this misfiring strategy would need someone smarter and quicker on her feet than Sonya, I fear. Still, it's kind of nice to see someone in Ma3 getting angry enough to make a clear and honest point. And yes, it's especially interesting to see someone calling DiDi on her unthinking, entitled bullshit. It won't work, of course, but it's the kind of thing that needs saying anyway.

And it even got through to Zii. For about three seconds, before the DiDi effect kicked in. Y'know, I actually find myself wondering where this is going next.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

I'm surprised DiDi knows word Amygdala, let alone knowing what it is.

Man, it feels satisfying but infuriating when someone calls DiDi out of her BS but she doesn't get it.
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

It's been far too long for me to even remember what are Sonya's true feelings for Zii, but from my interpretation and knowldge it feels like she's simply got a mad crush on the girl. That's leading her to be (conflicting-ly?) both sensible and sensitive at the same time, imo.

"You shouldn't mistreat her because nobody should mistreat my love!"

Obviously she knows Zii isn't going to reciprocate her affection, so it looks like Sonya's overprotectiveness is a byproduct of her trying to be her one and only Friend with Benefits. Maybe in her head, she thinks that if she remains Zii's solemn fwb long enough the feeling will start being mutual, or at the very least she hopes Zii becomes dependable on having sex with only her.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I believe Kiley actually mentioned it to Didi (amygdala); there was a strip with her bastardizing the word in some sort of humorous way. Didi knows her of problem. But like the Princess that needs to be awoken from a magical slumber with a kiss of true love, she isn't being very forthcoming with asking for the cure. She just is, well... Didi, bouncing around, "looking for love in all the wrong places" as the song goes.

Direct contact with Didi, I am sure, amplifies the Didi effect, especially in subjects exceptionally susceptible to a reaction. I am sure she has a good heartbeat, and I bet Zii would play stethoscope with Dr. Funbags for a while if she could.

Sonya is right for calling out Didi. It certainly is egotistical of Didi to come to Zii after using Gary (and most of the rest of the cast). But there is some ignorance (or vapidity) at play as well. I'm not excusing Didi, but I am offering some mitigation. I would expect a cat-fight imminent over Zii. Especially with her going to brutality with Yuki just for sexy-time, Sonya could easily go there.

Zii is also to blame here. She is leading Sonya on. While Sonya is acting like their relationship is all about casual sex, Zii knows that Sonya is clinging to her. She has to know that Sonya loves her (to some degree; I am not sure how much of Zii's drama is fueling Sonya's love), but isn't willing to reciprocate... for some reason. Maybe Zii doesn't want to settle down and just likes the sex. Maybe she's just happy for the roof over her head and is paying Sonya back with sex-on-the-side. I am sure Zii loves to fool around with Sonya, but I feel that Sonya suffers from some sort of Yuki-esque "ex" 'clingy' syndrome that Zii is not fond of. Like her cat Lita, she'll let you 'pet' her for only as long as she wants to be pet. Then when you go to pet her when you want to, she slinks away.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

Passing Through wrote:
Tell her that to her, um, face :p

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

It tears off my tongue but I have to admit Sonya has a point there. While being simultaneously quite clingy.
Next strip may be a threesome to solve the conflict. :D

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

subtle didi is subtle
Yet still, I live...

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Tsunami wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 pm
Passing Through wrote:
Tell her that to her, um, face :p
Hardly a challenge, she's also at the top of the list for unattractive mammaries.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Just have Didi and Zii fuck already. If Sonya objects then have Zii invite her in for a threesome.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

=_=
Okay. Sign me up for team Sonya, aka, team less annoying of two idiots.
For now.

rpr

Post by rpr »

rakedan wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:26 am
I'm surprised DiDi knows word Amygdala, let alone knowing what it is.
Indeed, this was unexpectedly... technical from her

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kiley did indeed get all technical with DiDi about the amygdala. DiDi picked up the word, but I don't think she has a clue what it really means. People call Sonya dumb, but she's just a little under-educated and unthinking; it's DiDi who's the real complete and utter moron.

As for Zii and Sonya - Zii knows that Sonya is dangerously prone to clinginess and obsession, but has recently been desperate for physical affection herself, and was swept up by Sonya's romantic "bitch" speech, so I guess she's repressing that knowledge. Sonya seems honestly to think she's in love with Zii, but I reckon that's just a titanic crush combined with a love of the drama that they can generate between them, and an addiction to Zii's line in hot girl-on-girl action. So if telling Zii that theirs is a casual no-strings relationship gets her lots of hot monkey-girl sex, woohoo for that, and Sonya can reasonably hope that this will eventually evolve into a more overtly serious relationship. Habits can be powerful things, especially with positive reinforcement.

It's not at all a dumb plan. Except for the little snag who just walked through the door.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.