27-07-17 Frenchie Funbags

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 27-07-17 Frenchie Funbags

Post by samtheman »

Now it is Zii's turn to be caught between two women.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 pm
She acknowledged the amazingness of DiDi's boobs, certainly. But surely nobody thinks that Sonya is being honest and objective here? She's being casually, trivially catty, with a view to diminishing DiDi in Zii's eyes.
Exactly. 3rd panel is "being catty 101"... telling a mild complement about the person (and repeating it a zillion times) while sliding some diminishing comments in the same sentence...

BTW If Sonya was being honest (and we know she's not) then "kind of an airhead" would be fair enough, but "not as hot as she thinks"? It's the other way around, Didi knows she's hot but doesn't realize how mega-hot she is to almost everyone around her, she sees herself as a 9, everyone else sees a 20 "in the modeling scale" (quoting Eva from SotR), she sees herself as a beautiful woman, everyone else sees the reincarnation of Aphrodite with Chemical X...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

It's still a fair judgment by Sonya or any other 3rd party, though. Didi is hot, people favor her because she's hot, and she's confident in their favor. She may believe that she's just fortunate enough to live in the EveryoneLovesDidiverse, but from the outside it sure looks like a hot girl consciously leveraging her hotness.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I wonder.... What would the woman's version of "don't stick it in the crazy, son" be?
Because Suzi should heed that advice, with an added "stop driving your one-night stands crazy, you idiot" for good measure.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:11 am
Well Sonya's manipulation is a wee bit creepy. Personally I think any relationship that requires tricking or scheming to keep it going is just a bad idea. It should be interesting to see how she attempts to keep up her facade now.

I'm kind of surprised Zii hasn't really clued in yet, and oddly enough I seem to recall when she was running through a list of potential lovers a while back she dismissed Sonya as being too clingy for the very reason of "casual sex forever".

Didi's fluctuating mental state continues as she seems to have either forgotten that she thought Gary and Zii were in love, or she doesn't think this is "interfering" as she put it.
Sonya's "manipulation" is pretty darned open. She says the same thing, Zii responds the same way. And the cattiness about DiDi is hardly subtle. She's really not playing the creepy femme fatale this time; if Zii doesn't really want this, Zii has had every chance to object.

And DiDi is probably feeling sexually frustrated again by now. Her ethics tend to vanish like tears in the rain when that happens.
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:45 am
I wonder.... What would the woman's version of "don't stick it in the crazy, son" be?
"Don't stick fingers, tongue, or vibrators in the crazy, sis?" "Don't let the crazy stick it in you?"

Sorry. Bad taste.
Because Suzi should heed that advice, with an added "stop driving your one-night stands crazy, you idiot" for good measure.
Zii's inability to learn that lesson properly has been a major plot point for a very long time.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Come on, men, Little Suzi's on the up. Don't bring her down.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She may be on the up, but she is failing to move forward.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

I'm probably gonna catch hell for this, but... I'm Team Sonya in this situation. She's no saint and has had her share of selfish and destructive behavior in the past, but DiDi's vapid Orgasmaquest (and complete willingness to use her friends like tools to complete it) is wearing thin.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Meh. Neither one has covered herself in glory.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

I don't care what happens to these people, anymore. Not a single one of them has anything left about them that remotely interests me. Gary acts like a brain-dead moron basically always, Yuki is just angry at penises for no reason, DiDi is an orgasm-crazed sociopath, and Zii is... Well, she's boring.

It takes a lot to get me to lose interest in a webcomic (I've followed this one for 7 years), but this one is finally at that point, and I don't see it becoming any more engaging in the near future. Every plot is up its own ass, every character has degraded into a Flanderisation of a Flanderisation, there's just nothing left to be interested in. For now, at least, there are still a couple of other Pixie Trix comics I can stand to read, but this one has finally amassed enough straws to break the camel's back. Time to move on to greener pastures. I hear Dumbing of Age is pretty good.
This is getting out of hand.

Treader

Post by Treader »

Holy shit, how did Sonya get the one door that's not just for decoration and actually keeps people from barging in when most inconvenient?

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:23 am
Sonya's "manipulation" is pretty darned open. She says the same thing, Zii responds the same way. And the cattiness about DiDi is hardly subtle. She's really not playing the creepy femme fatale this time; if Zii doesn't really want this, Zii has had every chance to object.
Oh, I wouldn't call her Machiavelli by a long shot, but she does seem to be genuinely in her own way trying to manipulate Zii, which I think is kind of sketchy. She might not be as bad here as she has been, but her historical behaviour disinclines me to just hand-wave it away entirely.

And I certainly don't think Zii is being forced into anything here, but she does kind of seem to be "buying" Sonya's line, at least somewhat. Which strikes me as kind of strange since by this point she should be quite familiar with Sonya's attempts to get together with her, and has been quite pointed in the fact that she doesn't want it.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Treader wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 pm
Holy shit, how did Sonya get the one door that's not just for decoration and actually keeps people from barging in when most inconvenient?
This is the absolute best question I have ever seen on this forum. ^:)^
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Treader wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 pm
Montreal Door Lottery Commission grand prize. One of a kind special item. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

cheshire86 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 pm
I'm probably gonna catch hell for this, but... I'm Team Sonya in this situation. She's no saint and has had her share of selfish and destructive behavior in the past, but DiDi's vapid Orgasmaquest (and complete willingness to use her friends like tools to complete it) is wearing thin.
You're actually not alone. Sonya may be selfish and a bit too fond of playing the bad girl, but at least she's prepared to work for what she wants. She's being catty about DiDi here as a way to keep Zii on her side (she hopes), but if she also gets annoyed by DiDi's bubble-headed sense of entitlement, it's hard to blame her.
edisnooM wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:41 am
Oh, I wouldn't call her Machiavelli by a long shot, but she does seem to be genuinely in her own way trying to manipulate Zii, which I think is kind of sketchy.
She's basically seducing Zii into a long-term relationship (or trying to). Seduction always contains an element of manipulation. And if you condemn everyone who ever tries to manipulate other people in any way, you'll be left with just the introverted saints. Who are a rare breed.

Well, I guess there's always Rob, in this comic.
And I certainly don't think Zii is being forced into anything here, but she does kind of seem to be "buying" Sonya's line, at least somewhat. Which strikes me as kind of strange since by this point she should be quite familiar with Sonya's attempts to get together with her, and has been quite pointed in the fact that she doesn't want it.
Zii was getting desperate for sexual release. The girl likes, enjoys, and needs sex. Plus, Sonya pulled that accidental "passionate declaration of love" stunt. What little judgment Zii ever had is being suppressed just now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.