Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

22-07-17 Pinned me fair and square

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 22-07-17 Pinned me fair and square

Post by Spidrift »

Well, there's a strip that's one day going to be seen in NSFW form. And ideally, fully shaded colour. (Heck, we might even learn how committed Tess is to the blue hair dye.) And Roxie definitely suffers from an excess of personal pride.

Hmm. Presumably, cutting away to two or more strips at the gym means that the other stream of events will have moved as far as the hospital by the time we see Gary & co. again.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

It's so weird. In this comic we have a story progressing at a fair pace, is more funny than it has any right to be and the reasons for it happening are kinda stupid, but within established parameters of stupidity for this universe.

And yet just one strip over in DC we have an abominable arc about things that aren't funny, progressing at snail's pace, happening because of levels of stupidity that even these comic universes are hard-pressed to justify.

Are not some of the creators of these two strips the same people? How can this be happening?

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

@LegendaryKroc: I disagree — it feels like stupidity in Ma3 is more painful and less funny.

Generally: last parts of MC < SotR < SDB < Ma3 < DC < early EC.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I could say that "some of the same creators" is never, ever the same as "the same creators". Compare Wings and the Beatles, say.

But it's not like SotR is getting the same level of complaint as DC just now. Context matters. And mostly, I just don't want the moans about DCto start filling up this board as well.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That was good of Roxie, for her standards. Still a little pouty, but good for her. Plus the interaction of the playful locker room ass slap helps reinforce the physical side of the characters and their sport. I wonder if Roxie is buttering Tess up to know more about Tess knows Annie Conda, though. Her pout makes it seem more sincere though.

Not to sure on the blue hair dye, @Spidrift, if I get your implication. Wearing her wrestling kit, she might need to keep fairly close shaven. Large leg stretches might be a little too revealing otherwise.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Roxie could mean the compliment perfectly sincerely and also be fishing for more about Annie. Two birds with one stone and all that.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

That seems plausible since her mentioning Annie Conda is what through her off and while she's willing to admit defeat I think she wants to know more about her connection.

And am I the only one that thinks there's something wrong with their height? I thought Tess was taller than Roxie, but here they are almost the same.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Roxie is in on a soapbox?

But sure. I could see it being genuine, if short lived. I expect Roxie will be extra careful around Tess now.
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Time for Roxie to start using Tess. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now I wanna listen to "Smack My Bitch Up" :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:10 pm

But sure. I could see it being genuine, if short lived. I expect Roxie will be extra careful around Tess now.
Why? She has no reason to be "extra careful ".

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Roxie was distracted by Tess bringing up something of interest of Roxie's, causing her to be momentarily distracted which caused her to get into a pin by Tess. She'll have to be more focused in the ring so she doesn't fall for a simple name-drop, hence, extra careful.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I can't recall there being anything, but did Roxie have some sort of history with Annie Conda?

I was wondering if she might be worried that she was trying to steal their wrestlers, and so this was some sort of attempt at positive reinforcement.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I don't think so. Annie is just a current (?) big name, and probably a bit of an icon to Roxie. Role model might be too strong, since their ages don't appear to be that far apart. But there's no doubt that Annie is successful, both in showmanship & wrestling talent. Whether Annie's true sexuality is known to Roxie, we don't truly know, or whether it even matters to Roxie.