11-07-17 You will not outshine me

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 11-07-17 You will not outshine me

Post by Spidrift »

Wilful stupidity has a quality of rudeness all its own. Gary isn't a bumbling 15-year-old kid; he's a man of 30. If he'd acted like this at the start of the comic, I might have accepted that he was a late developer and a bit of a shut-in, and as his social experience grew through the comic's run, he could be expected to improve. But his social experience has grown vastly, and yet he's still being "accidentally" or "unintentionally" rude. So the best one can say about him is that he's not making any effort at all not to be rude.

(Yes, I too was a teenage jerk. If I can get a little bit better with time and hard experience, I can judge people who don't even try.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Frankly, I would have agree with you, if only the global experience Gary would have from the start would have been different.

In his sexual life, he has been exploited almost shamelessly by Sandra, kicked in the nuts by Yuki, a little bit more exploited by Didi, and lost his virginity very late in life. He had only one relationship who wasn't exploitive, abusive or strictly about sex, maybe two if you count Peggy. I can't expect him to be that good, and even more in the paradygm of this comics where almost everyone is very bad ! :))

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But Gary has been hanging out with Zii, Matt, Dillon, and Sandra, among others, without sex coming into things much. He has social experience independent of his sexual experience. He really has no excuse for acting like such a pratt at this point. Except that, yeah, acting like pratt does get him laid, so I guess we can blame misplaced positive reinforcement.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Looks like Gary is doing everything right by doing everything wrong.
Fereshte wrote:If this were me on a date with Gary, I'd be pretty fucking pissed at him by the end of the night.
Instead, she'll still be pretty, Gary will get fucking, and who knows what she thinks of Golden Showers. :P
Varanus wrote:Is she? Given how favorably she reacted to Teddy's compliment...
Are we reading the same comic? You seem to be stuck in DC. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)