Dangerously Chloe 6-07-17 I Need Discipline

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

tau neutrino

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-07-17 I Need Discipline

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:EC was all about that they're not bad.
It's more that not all cryptids are bad. Just as MC showed that not all AA students are necessarily "good".
Storm-forge mystique wrote:the first of the two recent EC stories says outright that the cute mermaid girl has a substantial body count.
No it didn't, it was never said how many victims there were and it was never said how many Marine was personally responsible for. Some of them may have simply been drowning victims (not unheard-of at beaches). All we have is Tiff's assumption.
The crowd here seems in danger of drowning.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@tau neutrino: ...except none of them died, nor does that have anything to do with the previous victims, because we still don't know how many were due to Marine and which ones weren't.

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Haha, Chloe proves once more that she's a master of unintended awkwardness. =)) =))
Or maybe that's savant in her case? Incredible skill but not doing it intentionally?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

tau neutrino wrote:
LegendaryKroc wrote:I don't think we're in any danger of that, although he's definitely a neglectful one, and it's a little late to start acting like a responsible one.
I was thinking of Mrs. Hartley in VC, who got tarred as an abusive parent when she got mad at her daughter. Thinking about it, the only parents in the C-universe I've seen that hold to the "parent not a pal" philosophy and discipline their children are the Delacroixs. Maria even inflicts physical discipline.
Well that's unfortunate, but as far as I can tell, no one here think's Lance is abusive. Irresponsible, by my count, but not abusive. (Note he doesn't use corporal punishment as far as we can tell.)

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:@tau neutrino: ...except none of them died, nor does that have anything to do with the previous victims, because we still don't know how many were due to Marine and which ones weren't.
They didn't die because Tiffany and Tracy intervened. The previous victims were described as having drowned, in a suspicious pattern. Drowning is actually pretty rare at a public beach, esp. in Canada. There were 0-8 drowning deaths per million persons in 2012. "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk. ‘ (Henry David Thoreau)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:They didn't die because Tiffany and Tracy intervened.
I know. I read the story. It doesn't change the fact that no one died, nor does it change anything else. Drownings also aren't as uncommon as you seem to think.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Lokitsu wrote:
Cortez wrote:Yea, he's never around and Teddy and Abbie are pretty much by themselves and he only visits every once in awhile.

He's not physically abusive, but he is neglectful. Honestly, i wouldn't wonder why he bothered taking custody if he was never going to be around. Like, why not let his ex-wife have full custody?

Then again, some couples going through divorce see custody as a win/lose thing. Thankfully not all of them though.
I think less neglectful parent and more that DC is following the manga trope of High school teenagers basically living on their own with their parents either being dead or just never appearing. I'm not sure if this represents something in Japanese culture or if its just more convenient if authority figures aren't around to put a halt to the wacky high-jinks.
Problem is that this is set in Canada, not Japan.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:They didn't die because Tiffany and Tracy intervened.
I know. I read the story. It doesn't change the fact that no one died, nor does it change anything else. Drownings also aren't as uncommon as you seem to think.
No one died because two slayers were able to interrupt it. The implication is what about when they weren't around, at the previous drownings Tiff mentioned. Marine said the feeding ground was no longer safe, meaning she'd been feeding there (up the coast) before. 10 drownings a day from all sources is pretty in line with my link (9-14 per million in a country of 350+ million), and it's even lower in Canada.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@tau nuetrino: Did you miss the part where it says accidental drownings are the fifth leading cause of death in the US? And 9-14 million per yer is still a staggering amount of dead people.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

9-14 per million per year - about 3500 per year. (In the US.)

Also, remember the time Layla drank from a girl who she thought was on the verge of bleeding out?

pixietrixgirl23

Post by pixietrixgirl23 »

Balancer wrote:A part of me is finding the shady stuff cringy but also validating because it's been a quite stark reminder that a) These creatures are classified as literal monsters by the rest of the world, and b) That hell is evil, like not even misunderstood, they are actually evil. After Erie Cuties and the early parts of this comic, well pretty much white washing that fact, it's nice (in an odd way) to be reminded that 9.9/10 these creatures are actually awful beings when the spotlight isn't on them and the comedy tropes aren't full force.
I admittedly like that too, they don't sugar coat in here either, they make it very clear that if Chloe doesn't have sex she will die or kill Teddy. She's slowly losing it and doesn't realize it that much. It's kind of sad really, she may be a succubus, but she's a caring one and doesn't want to have sex with Teddy because she knows he will die if she does. She's pretty much sacrificing herself to keep him safe. I really hope she's able tp pick herself up in the end.