Dangerously Chloe 10-07-17 About the Stripping

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 10-07-17 About the Stripping

Post by Varanus »

I think its more that there's an increasing disconnect with the readers in regards to Teddy, who started out as a somewhat quirky but likable and grounded guy who was something of a straight man to the odd happenings and tended to be fairly rational. Yet ever since he got turned female again his past characterization gets seen less and less, and the brief scenes where he has admitted that he's having a hard time dealing with all this seem less and less sincere.

brasca

Post by brasca »

edisnooM wrote:Oh yeah, and since the pheromones seem to affect males immediately without Teddy needing to be in an "excited state" (although stripping may have done that anyway), are we to assume Teddy just whammied that entire club?
The pheromones have range limitations. It's probably at the maximum in a situation of grave danger since Gabrielle and Tandy were affected despite being several yards away from the attack. Strip clubs have rules about contact so I think these patrons forked over all this money because Teddi has the body of Chloe. Didi could pull down that kind of money every night and she's not a succubus.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

... I am sensing we're getting closer and closer to jumping the proverbial shark here...
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

rpr

Post by rpr »

Cortez wrote:
Tython wrote:Wow.........Okay this is kind of..........Teddy's 16 so how did he get into the club for work purposes since they have some pretty strict regulations on who can do this sort stuff(then again pheromones might have played a part in getting past the paper work) if Teddy's actual age is discovered, yeah this is just not good.
Eden said she'd give Teddy a fake i.d. and they'd tell the guys at the club Teddi is college age.
Also, given the current body of Teddy, I guess that you can easily believe that she is older than 18.... It does not _look_ "childish"

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Huh.
Oh well, as far as fetishes go, moral degradation is hardly the worst that could happen to him.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

reallly cranking up the discomfort factor with this one.
Yet still, I live...

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Sad, but effective at least. There are worst ways to sell your body, especially when you're underaged - although Teddy/Chloe possibly look old enough to pass as young adults.

Well, today's Aesop : "if you need pocket money, you can always work as a stripper".

I'm kind of wondering if Dave's trolling us with all these sketchy developments. :ymdevil:

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

So, did a little digging. The legal age of consent in Canada is 16, with a close-in-age exception for sexual activity of 5 years. You have to be 18 to be a stripper. However, the reason for that would appear to be those establishments typically serve alcohol and 18 is the drinking age. If accurate, the worst thing Teddi is guilty of is sneaking into a bar underage.

That said, this is what I got out of a quick google search so that info is Possibly faulty.

Having said that, the last few arcs say to me that, without meaning to, Teddi is well on his her way to becoming a succubus herself, using pheromones and sex to get what she wants.

Also: I love that *this* is the thing that got some people finally to the squick point. Compared to a lot of the other stuff that goes on in this comic about sex demons, stripping is downright tame.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Just wait until Teddi learns about online jobs. Then again, if it's all about the pheromones and that's why she made so much money at the club, then it may not work as well.

Also, I may be a little slow, but are we to assume this is the main protagonists' new identity? Will Teddi ever revert back to Teddy, or are they stuck with the new gender that they in no way agreed to? I understand the Ma3-verse likes to deal with all walks of life, including sex and identity (see Ma3 Angel and SDB Romona) but Teddy didn't ask for this. So I wonder how long it will be drawn out.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Yeah honestly, this was a relief.

Stripping as a teen is bad but then again look at her home life..Imagine if she could actually somehow make it away from Pandora! I mean it's a long shot considering Chloe, but people have done worse things to try and escape their home life. This actually makes me feel its closer to reality than any of the other strips which have been making me leery of reading. The..."dad" suggestions/implications/between-the-lines or whatever here are just too much for me.

Hehe, the only real kicker here is Teddi MUST be emitting pheromones because hav we had ANY hint that Teddi can dance at all?! xD

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

As long as Teddi's happy, I'm happy too.
:)

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

TwoWayStar wrote: This actually makes me feel its closer to reality than any of the other strips which have been making me leery of reading.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I made me a bit sad about this latest batch of update, it echoes a lot of real runaway/abuse stories I've heard over the years.
Not what I would have expected, although this could indicate a shift towards full-blown black comedy. :-?

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Age of consent in Canada is 16, might account for the squick factor for US audiences?

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

edisnooM wrote:Ok, wow, now we have underage stripping. Yikes, this is just getting into new territories of skeevy.
I wondered how much time would it take for this kind of post to appear. It seems, not a lot :((

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:Yeah honestly, this was a relief.

people have done worse things to try and escape their home life. This actually makes me feel its closer to reality than any of the other strips which have been making me leery of reading.
It was never said that was Teddy's home life was as bad as you're implying, even after the succubi started meddling with his family. Nor do I find this close to reality. The youngest I've heard of anyone stripping/etc. is around college age - not while they're still in middle-school.

Also, even with Teddy's current body, people who run bars and strip clubs do background checks before they employ anyone. It'd take more than a fake ID and EEE-cups to land him a job there, unless the club owner was paid not to say anything.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The further this goes on, the more Teddy's IQ seems to take a dive. It's like he's forgotten the flack he was already getting at school. Once word gets out about what he's doing now, the rumor mill is gonna have a field day. Exactly how is is this supposed to be helping anything?