Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Post by Varanus »

Losing her virginity was the purpose of her being sent to fulfill the contract, but I don't recall it being an obligation in the contract itself (or else Pandora and Teddy would not be into this whole search for a substitute man). A non-virgin succubus could have been sent, the succubi just regard girlfriend contracts as an easy way to lose their virginity. Pandora says Chloe hates angels and that demon boys won't go near her, she doesn't say she can't have sex with anyone but Teddy. That assumes I am understanding you right that you think part of Chloe's biology now is that she has to have sex with Teddy or no sex at all (and thus die).

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Has it ever been clarified why exactly Chloe hates angels? Given her status as something of an atypical succubus you'd think she might be a bit more friendly towards them.

brasca

Post by brasca »

In a bonus story included with volume 1 Chloe was duped by Lucretia into making friends with angels at a hot spring frequented by Charity and Prudence. It did not set a very good impression for all involved.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Varanus wrote:Losing her virginity was the purpose of her being sent to fulfill the contract, but I don't recall it being an obligation in the contract itself (or else Pandora and Teddy would not be into this whole search for a substitute man). A non-virgin succubus could have been sent, the succubi just regard girlfriend contracts as an easy way to lose their virginity. Pandora says Chloe hates angels and that demon boys won't go near her, she doesn't say she can't have sex with anyone but Teddy. That assumes I am understanding you right that you think part of Chloe's biology now is that she has to have sex with Teddy or no sex at all (and thus die).
That's pretty much what I'm saying. Other than the 'I don't want to kill anyone' (which Chloe knows full well is unavoidable for the first few sexual encounters she'll have and she will die a slow and painful death herself if she goes without), there is literally nothing stopping Chloe from getting her murderous lust under control with a few random men before sleeping with someone she actually cares about (in this case, Teddy). So, other than that contract, what's stopping her from saving her own life?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Is it unbelievable that she would rather die than kill her sex partner? Recall she was only semi-willing to kill Teddy at first because she thought he must be an awful person to get into such a contract to begin with.

Course we are very lacking in actual explanations regarding how Chloe sees all this.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Uh no - she was all for going through with having sex (and killing) Teddy until she met Abby, who begged her not to kill her brother. Because Abby reminded Chloe so much of Nina, it prompted Chloe into finding a means to have the contract voided in order to spare Teddy's life (this is where the whole 'find Teddy a real girlfriend' came into play).

So, yes - I think it is rather unbelievable that a succubus (a demon that is dependent on male essence/having sex with men in order to sustain her own life) would sacrifice her own well being in order to avoid killing random men. If Chloe is that kindhearted, she makes for a lousy demon.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Looks like my plan worked! :D Anyhoo, please, more Chloe screentime. OR at least Teddy and Chloe. I know you want to help her dude, but have you touchbased with her at all recently??

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:If Chloe is that kindhearted, she makes for a lousy demon.
Well, I think it's established that she really isn't that great a demon.

But there's a bit of a fallacy of the excluded middle going on here. Chloe might (a) not want to die and (b) not want to kill anyone. Unfortunately, she may have to choose. But if the choice isn't required right this minute, she might keep putting it off and putting it off, in the (not actually insane) hope that a third option might come along. That would actually be quite a human way to behave - and Chloe seems to be dangerously tainted with human ways of thinking.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Yeah, one of Chloes main traits from the beginning is that she's not a very "good" succubus, and frequently we see her acting in ways that seem contrary to her nature.
Spidrift wrote:That would actually be quite a human way to behave - and Chloe seems to be dangerously tainted with human ways of thinking.
There is a certain poetic irony in a demon being tainted by humans.

Personally I think the whole search thing isn't going to amount to anything and another solution will present itself. One scenario I could see is Teddy somehow getting out of the pact, but then Chloe will have reached the critical stage, so Teddy in a "heroic self sacrifice" will volunteer in order to save Chloe's life, but then through "reasons" (possible residual effects of the transformation?) will survive. Sort of a reverse Romeo and Juliet.

brasca wrote:In a bonus story included with volume 1 Chloe was duped by Lucretia into making friends with angels at a hot spring frequented by Charity and Prudence. It did not set a very good impression for all involved.
Ah cool, thanks. Glad to know I hadn't missed something from the main comics.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Fluffy wrote:Uh no - she was all for going through with having sex (and killing) Teddy until she met Abby, who begged her not to kill her brother. Because Abby reminded Chloe so much of Nina, it prompted Chloe into finding a means to have the contract voided in order to spare Teddy's life (this is where the whole 'find Teddy a real girlfriend' came into play).
That was one motivation, but another was what she outright said once Abby explained their living situation and such. Namely she stated that Teddy and Abby seemed to be good people, so she decided to help them. Abby was never her primary motivation.

And again, until Abby explained things, Chloe thought Teddy must have deserved what he was getting. She even said "no wonder you're going to Hell" when she thought Teddy must be a pedophile.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Actually, no. Abby may have given Chloe the sob story about their family life, but Chloe didn't cave until Abby gave her those puppy dog eyes; which reminded her so much of Nina.

So, it's more her memory of Nina that prompted Chloe to help Teddy get out of his contract; not specifically Abby's story. After that point, Chloe just grew attached to the family as a whole, and fell in love with Teddy.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I guess it comes down to interpretation, as what she says afterward is "you seem like good kids, maybe I can help you" and its addressed to both Teddy and Abby. Plus its just not in Chloe's character to be okay with killing an innocent with her own hands.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

It may also be worth noting that at that point all Chloe really knew about Teddy was that he had literally made a deal with the devil for a girlfriend (and presumed sexual activities), not exactly a glowing character reference. And while it is quite possible that her time at Tartarus Academy did have an impact on her personality, she has from the beginning been defined as something of an atypical succubus.