Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TwoWayStar

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Post by TwoWayStar »

*shrugs* i sympathize with Teddy still lmao. He's a regular dude with supernatural stuff constantly happening to him, and jsut when he thinks he can get used to something, that changes. Since he doesn't think it's him doing it, I'd say its along the lines of Faith Abbot. Both date rapists? Neither?

Also, the whole point of being with jocks is to find a guy strong enough to survive. After going this far, he's not just gonna let some poor guy die for all this, otherwise he'd find an actual serial killer or bad guy that can be murdered at will.

Personally, I do wish there was more Chloe with Teddy..they were/are my ship..where are yooouuuu T_T

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:Since he doesn't think it's him doing it, I'd say its along the lines of Faith Abbot.
No. Not even. As far as Faith knew, all of her trysts were consensual. The moment she found out otherwise, she was horrified by the implication, because the editor and the character herself had already made it clear how she feels about that sort of thing.

Teddy knows his aren't consensual, but he's still sleeping with those girls, regardless. That's two different situations.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TwoWayStar wrote:*shrugs* i sympathize with Teddy still lmao. He's a regular dude with supernatural stuff constantly happening to him, and jsut when he thinks he can get used to something, that changes. Since he doesn't think it's him doing it, I'd say its along the lines of Faith Abbot. Both date rapists? Neither?

Also, the whole point of being with jocks is to find a guy strong enough to survive. After going this far, he's not just gonna let some poor guy die for all this, otherwise he'd find an actual serial killer or bad guy that can be murdered at will.

Personally, I do wish there was more Chloe with Teddy..they were/are my ship..where are yooouuuu T_T
I think there's a significant difference between Faith and Teddy, though (Gotoh's free to correct me if I got this wrong). Faith genuinely had no idea her link to the school was causing all those girls to be more receptive to her advances. It was her arrogance that didn't allow her to question the possibility that something was amiss. Hell, when the truth was revealed, Faith was horrified. In Teddy's case, he knows full well something is affecting the girls who are suddenly lusting after him; especially so soon after they attempted to beat the snot out of him for stealing their boyfriends. But, instead of taking the time to figure it out, he chooses to sleep around with them while he 'works out the kinks'. So, when reality finally sinks into his thick skull, it'll be much harder to feel bad for him.

Also, Teddy finding a guy strong enough to punch Chloe's V card (without dying) makes no sense to me. If there's no set rule for how a succubus is supposed to lose her virginity, why not simply find a virile male (any male) and have at it? Chloe can feed off of any male she deems worthy; why would sex be any different - unless her virginity is now bound to that contract with Teddy; making his whole 'perfect boyfriend' search completely pointless.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:Faith genuinely had no idea her link to the school was causing all those girls to be more receptive to her advances. It was her arrogance that didn't allow her to question the possibility that something was amiss. Hell, when the truth was revealed, Faith was horrified.
Basically this.

The only quibble is, I wouldn't call it arrogance. If we're being honest, she's no different than Layla: they're both hot, on top of their status, and they know it. So neither one has reason to question their popularity, or their sex appeal.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Alexander Collins wrote:Remeber when this comics was about a succubus named Chloe trying to save the soul of a human she likes? Because I think Pixie Trix sure forgot... :-w [-(
I know its been done before, but I really was hoping for more Ah! My Goddess style romance but with succubi instead.
Fluffy wrote:Also, Teddy finding a guy strong enough to punch Chloe's V card (without dying) makes no sense to me. If there's no set rule for how a succubus is supposed to lose her virginity, why not simply find a virile male (any male) and have at it? Chloe can feed off of any male she deems worthy; why would sex be any different - unless her virginity is now bound to that contract with Teddy; making his whole 'perfect boyfriend' search completely pointless.
Its been repeatedly stated that losing one's virginity is very different indeed for a succubus compared to regular feeding.
Gotoh wrote:The only quibble is, I wouldn't call it arrogance. If we're being honest, she's no different than Layla: they're both hot, on top of their status, and they know it. So neither one has reason to question their popularity, or their sex appeal.
Well when said sex appeal creates many times the normal number of lesbian and bisexual women in a given school, to the extent that even people who hate her lust for her, Faith should have at least been suspicious.

Though I think most would say Layla is plenty arrogant, so the comparison still works in a way. The difference is Layla was not using any powers to increase her popularity.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Going back and re-reading the 'Abby sex talk' arc, it sounds like there's no written rule that a succubus needs a specific male to copulate with in order to punch her V-card. In fact, once they're deemed ripe by their teacher, they're encouraged to get a few practice tries in with mortals before settling down with an Incubus - as sex with a succubus is violent by nature. Not to mention, the urge to kill her lover doesn't just happen when the succubus looses her virginity - but the first few times until they can control the murderous urges.

So, assuming that Chloe can't get her V-card punched by anyone but Teddy; his search for the perfect boyfriend is a pointless endeavor.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:Well when said sex appeal creates many times the normal number of lesbian and bisexual women in a given school, to the extent that even people who hate her lust for her, Faith should have at least been suspicious.

Though I think most would say Layla is plenty arrogant, so the comparison still works in a way. The difference is Layla was not using any powers to increase her popularity.
Actually, we can say the same about Layla. Think about it:
  • Brooke plainly told Layla she didn't like her, but it didn't stop Brooke from crushing on her and she even tried to hook up with her when she thought she had a chance.
So Layla has just as much pull with the same sex; including her enemies. But like Faith, she has no reason to question why that is and has even said so, herself.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But didn't those girls take Layyla to the prom, not because they were attracted to her, but because they felt Brooke broke her heart by 'dumping' her?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Fluffy: Kinda. I'd have to find it, but I recall TCampbell saying at least some of them were actually interested in her. Though most were there to show their support, while others were just there to be seen on her arm.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Voila!

So, yeah - though there seem to be some who may be interested in Layla (such as the kitty girl), it seems like most of Layla's impromptu dates were girls supporting her after being 'dumped' by Brooke (which takes place the page before this one). Amusingly, one of the would be dates doesn't even know her name. XD

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Fluffy wrote:Going back and re-reading the 'Abby sex talk' arc, it sounds like there's no written rule that a succubus needs a specific male to copulate with in order to punch her V-card. In fact, once they're deemed ripe by their teacher, they're encouraged to get a few practice tries in with mortals before settling down with an Incubus - as sex with a succubus is violent by nature. Not to mention, the urge to kill her lover doesn't just happen when the succubus looses her virginity - but the first few times until they can control the murderous urges.

So, assuming that Chloe can't get her V-card punched by anyone but Teddy; his search for the perfect boyfriend is a pointless endeavor.
I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to say here. Yes, Chloe can lose her virginity to any man and it will save her life. Teddy's search, at least in theory, is motivated by trying to find a man who can survive it as well so nobody dies. Him being a "perfect boyfriend" isn't really a concern unless the perfect part relates to him being able to survive.
Gotoh wrote:So Layla has just as much pull with the same sex; including her enemies. But like Faith, she has no reason to question why that is and has even said so, herself.
Layla didn't rule her school, nor did she have masses of lesbian/bisexual women inexplicably being okay with casual sex with her. Basically she had the tsundere Brooke, and Faith (who seems to make passes at anyone she considers attractive, and was about 50/50 on killing Layla anyway after having fun fighting her).

But like Faith, Layla does have a high opinion of herself.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

My point is, why does the kind of man matter when Chloe's first few sexual experiences will end up with her lover dying, anyway? (in a rather gruesome fashion, by the sounds of it).

Teddy can search all he wants for a male strong enough to survive the first time with a virgin succubus; but, the long and short of it is (according to Chloe and Pandora's education on the matter) that Chloe's first few lovers are doomed to die, regardless.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:Layla didn't rule her school
Layla was the most popular girl at Charybdis. She all but said it here, in Mel's subconscious.
Varanus wrote:Basically she had the tsundere Brooke, and Faith (who seems to make passes at anyone she considers attractive, and was about 50/50 on killing Layla anyway after having fun fighting her).
She had more than just those two, because at least some of those girls who took her to the prom were interested. Not to mention all the guys at CH who were in tears when thsy thought they no longer had a chance to be with her.
Varanus wrote:But like Faith, Layla does have a high opinion of herself.
I'm not denying that, but we were told Faith's earned it, since AA is a meritocracy and Layla's is due to her looks and what she does for CH.
Last edited by Gotoh on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Key word being "some" of the girls. My whole point about this is that Faith should have found it unusual that her school had such a high number of lesbian/bisexual girls when they are naturally a minority.
Fluffy wrote:My point is, why does the kind of man matter when Chloe's first few sexual experiences will end up with her lover dying, anyway? (in a rather gruesome fashion, by the sounds of it).

Teddy can search all he wants for a male strong enough to survive the first time with a virgin succubus; but, the long and short of it is (according to Chloe and Pandora's education on the matter) that Chloe's first few lovers are doomed to die, regardless.
Except Pandora says that there have been humans who were able to survive, or at least she has heard stories of such men. Teddy wouldn't be trying if he believed it was impossible, indeed this plan came about when Pandora gave him some hope that it was possible.

Still, if I were Teddy I'd focus more on figuring out if there is a way to take advantage of known facts (namely that other supernatural beings like angels and demons can survive a virgin succubus) rather than going after what seem to be rumors.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Pandora says there are legends of men surviving an encounter with a virgin succubus; but, that's the thing - they're only legends; no confirmed cases.

Not that it would matter anyway, as it was confirmed that, unless Chloe and her would be sacrificial male fall in love with one another (or Teddy finds himself a real girlfriend) she in contractually obligated to lose her virginity to (and, thus - kill) Teddy.