Dangerously Chloe 29-05-17 Far From Being Even

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 29-05-17 Far From Being Even

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! More of Teddi's "interesting week." Teddi thinks Daisy owes her more than just one punch to make things right between them.

edisnooM

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-05-17 Far From Being Even

Post by edisnooM »

And we're back to skeevy.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

So they're going to shower together?

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I think the implication (what with the emphatic "smmmooch" and all) is that Teddy intends more than just showering.

Also if this was the "gears and lightbulb" from last strip (implying that Teddy thought this through before acting) then this deepens my suspicions about where his character is going.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Has Teddy seriously never learned how to throw a punch?
Yet still, I live...

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

He probably tucked his thumb in his fist, poor schmuck.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

Osaru Sensei wrote:He probably tucked his thumb in his fist, poor schmuck.
Uh, speaking as an experienced martial artist and a guy who got into a few fights as a teen: even with a properly formed fist, punching someone in the jaw with your bare hand hurts and is honestly fucking stupid. Jaw bones are pretty damn solid.

Also, I really don't like where I think the strip is going with this.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Odds are, all that will be desired is for her to scrub Teddi's back in the shower...

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Brux

Post by Brux »

'J' wrote:Has Teddy seriously never learned how to throw a punch?
You'd be surprised how much punching someone could hurt. Especially when targeting a hard location, and the jaw qualifies as one. You want to punch someone in the face and hurt the seriously, aim for the nose or eyes. You want so spare yourself the pain, don't aim for the face at all. The most efficient and least backfiring punches are those aimed just below the sternum - they leave your target winded and nauseous.

Also, Teddy never struck me as a fighter when he had a male body. With a female body (especially one built for seduction, not aggression), it's quite likely his hands are even less durable.
edisnooM wrote:Also if this was the "gears and lightbulb" from last strip (implying that Teddy thought this through before acting) then this deepens my suspicions about where his character is going.
I'd say she's trying to pull a Faith Abbot Lite, or rather a Cerise Lite - get herself an enamored enforcer and usurp the school's alpha bitch status. Nothing new in this 'verse, only this time it's done by a desperate, genderbent, cryptid-infested mortal instead of a full-scale supernatural specimen. All in all, a nasty development, but nothing out of the ordinary. If anything, it reminds us of Teddy deCarlo's main advantage - the brains.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Alice Macher

Post by Alice Macher »

Teddy's really getting carried away here. Clearly, there's only one solution: a crossover with El Goonish Shive! Teddy, meet Tedd--yeah that's right, the cute genderfluid person pointing the transformation gun at you, set to the default male form. ZAP!

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

hightechartist wrote: even with a properly formed fist, punching someone in the jaw with your bare hand hurts and is honestly fucking stupid. Jaw bones are pretty damn solid.
Brux wrote: You'd be surprised how much punching someone could hurt. Especially when targeting a hard location, and the jaw qualifies as one.
Hell, I've had people hurting themselves punching my shoulder, the jaw's gotta be a lot worse.

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

Also, I do feel like obligatory Firefly reference is obligatory here:
https://youtu.be/_66ndYNnNu4

Paul90804

Post by Paul90804 »

Being as Daisy is so strong and strong willed what about if Teddy/Teddi had the brilliant(?) idea of infecting Daisy with some of Chloe's blood to make her a male who would probably be able to withstand having sex with Chloe?
Teddi looks like she seems to have the idea that Daisy is interested in girls so she might actually go along with it when introduced to Chloe.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Chloe's blood would just make Daisy look like Chloe and without reaper blood, it wouldn't be permanent.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Zafnak wrote:
Odds are, all that will be desired is for her to scrub Teddi's back in the shower...
Well this strip strongly seems to imply that Teddy intends more than just simply cleaning up. There's also the whole thing that launched this flashback to begin with, that Teddy has been "feeding" on someone which is giving Chloe energy.

Brux wrote: I'd say she's trying to pull a Faith Abbot Lite, or rather a Cerise Lite - get herself an enamored enforcer and usurp the school's alpha bitch status. Nothing new in this 'verse, only this time it's done by a desperate, genderbent, cryptid-infested mortal instead of a full-scale supernatural specimen. All in all, a nasty development, but nothing out of the ordinary. If anything, it reminds us of Teddy deCarlo's main advantage - the brains.
I confess I am not as up on MC as the other comics (I also feel like there is a swath of EC I missed), but in any other time (particularly where mind control was involved) were they supposedly the "hero"? That's one of the reasons I'm kind of hoping Teddy goes full villain due to the succubus / reaper double whammy, so if / when it's undone there's a clear delineation between the before and after. Otherwise after all this it'll be kind of hard to see him as the "hero".

Paul90804 wrote:Being as Daisy is so strong and strong willed what about if Teddy/Teddi had the brilliant(?) idea of infecting Daisy with some of Chloe's blood to make her a male who would probably be able to withstand having sex with Chloe?
Teddi looks like she seems to have the idea that Daisy is interested in girls so she might actually go along with it when introduced to Chloe.
I don't know if that would work though. If anything it would probably just make her look like Chloe. Also so far it looks like Daisy is only interested in Teddy and that's only due to the pheromones. *Edit*: Ninja'd :-)