Dangerously Chloe 15-05-17 A Liberating Experience

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

edisnooM

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-05-17 A Liberating Experience

Post by edisnooM »

Cortez wrote:But Teddy's mind hasn't been altered, just his biology.
I dunno, prior to the last few strips, or even maybe just this one, I would have been inclined to agree, now I'm not so sure.

And after the full implication of the pheromones effect combined with what Teddy has been doing finally dawned on me last strip, this whole arc took on a pretty sinister slant. I mean, is this the first time in this universe that mind control hasn't been portrayed as outright villainous? I'm wondering if that's still yet to come.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

what he is doing is it questionable? sure.

But Ted has focused on "helping my beloved Chloe" and has put blinders to end results, pretty much the same as Chloe when she went to the past and "changed things" for Ted's parents and others. ( She was the cause of them being who they are, even as she was trying to stop them from being that way. )
ImageImage

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

I have no idea where this comic is going... I just want to see Teddy and Chloe do it. Then again, that will probably end the comic. [-(

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

wiseguy wrote:what he is doing is it questionable? sure.

But Ted has focused on "helping my beloved Chloe" and has put blinders to end results, pretty much the same as Chloe when she went to the past and "changed things" for Ted's parents and others. ( She was the cause of them being who they are, even as she was trying to stop them from being that way. )
He has tunnel vision, basically.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I think it goes a bit beyond questionable though. Even if Teddy doesn't actually realize the full extent of what is happening (and at this point I'm not even sure that would change anything), it's still pretty much sexual assault.

Being focused on the goal doesn't change the fact that what's he is doing is seriously messed up, and really dipping into villain territory.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:what he is doing is it questionable? sure.
"Questionable" is being generous, considering what he's potentially setting those guys up for.
wise guy wrote:But Ted has focused on "helping my beloved Chloe" and has put blinders to end results,
I fail to see how he can possibly have blinders on when he nearly died just from making out with her. Unless he has short-term or selective memory, there's no way he could've forgotten that.

What he's planning is not only duplicitous, it doesn't even make sense.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

he is focusing on "helping Chloe"

not on past experiences, not on probable consequences ( EVEN if he is looking for "strong person" as they would be weaklings compared to a certain person we know from Erie Cuties )

Sadly, many people do that, and is why we see someone who was a nice guy doing a robbery, or a mild mannered person killing his wife and kids, as all they see is "their goal" ( that is malicious ) and do not think of results of what they doing
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:he is focusing on "helping Chloe"

not on past experiences, not on probable consequences
If I nearly died 2 days, or even two years ago, I'm pretty sure I'd remember it so I didn't repeat what nearly got me killed. Much less, deliberately set someone else up for the same thing. Which is why I called it duplicitous.

Teddy is deliberately selling these guys a false bill of goods. They've been lead to believe they're hooking up with him, not knowing he's setting them up for someone else because he's purposely withholding that from them. Even if they go along with it when he finally springs the truth on them, all they'll see is a hot blonde. They won't suspect that she's a succubus who can suck out their souls and kill them with only a kiss.

That's borders on being outright villainous, because you're basically saying he's willing to overlook that, or that he's forgotten it for the sake of helping Chloe.

mulrich88

Post by mulrich88 »

I can't be the only one thinking Teddy's just telling Pandora lies, can I?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I may have missed something over the last few pages; but was it ever established why Teddy put on a rubber glove while he was having his little chat with Pandora?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

reason he did it with the boys was never established by the writers, pure educated guesses by readers but for this case....................... Ted was acting out the way he did things with the boys, has nothing to do with Pandora.
ImageImage

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Gotoh wrote:
If I nearly died 2 days, or even two years ago, I'm pretty sure I'd remember it so I didn't repeat what nearly got me killed. Much less, deliberately set someone else up for the same thing. Which is why I called it duplicitous.

Teddy is deliberately selling these guys a false bill of goods. They've been lead to believe they're hooking up with him, not knowing he's setting them up for someone else because he's purposely withholding that from them. Even if they go along with it when he finally springs the truth on them, all they'll see is a hot blonde. They won't suspect that she's a succubus who can suck out their souls and kill them with only a kiss.

That's borders on being outright villainous, because you're basically saying he's willing to overlook that, or that he's forgotten it for the sake of helping Chloe.
It's possibly even worse since with the pheromones in play even if the the situation were fully explained, with all the potential danger therein, I don't know that any of them would / could say no.

At this point I'm kind of hoping the succubus blood / reaper ectoplasm double whammy is messing with Teddy, and he does descend into full cackling villainy (this strip even had what could be considered a monologue), so that if / when it gets removed and Teddy classic returns there will be a clear delineation between the two. If not I don't know how Teddy goes back to being the "hero" after all this. We're a far cry from the plucky underdog with a heart of gold and a passion for clocks we were first introduced to.
mulrich88 wrote:I can't be the only one thinking Teddy's just telling Pandora lies, can I?
I had considered that might be the case and it was all a bluff to shut Pandora up / mess with her. But I think at this point we are supposed to assume Teddy is being honest.
Fluffy wrote:I may have missed something over the last few pages; but was it ever established why Teddy put on a rubber glove while he was having his little chat with Pandora?
I don't think it was outright stated, but my assumption was that Teddy uses it for hygiene (possibly to aid with the "doing myself" mental separation too), and put it on for Pandora to give the full effect. *Edit* Ninja'd :)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

wiseguy wrote:reason he did it with the boys was never established by the writers, pure educated guesses by readers but for this case....................... Ted was acting out the way he did things with the boys, has nothing to do with Pandora.
You sure about that? We never see Teddy put a glove on his hand as he recounts putting his intended victims through his stamina tests.

And why wear a rubber glove on his hand when masturbating a guy (supposedly for hygenic reasons?) when, if a prospective victim manages to make it to level three, Teddy will give him head as a reward for staying hard?

Kind of defeats the purpose of wearing the glove in the first place if Teddy's only going to end up blowing a guy if the dude passes his stupid tests, doesn't it?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:Kind of defeats the purpose of wearing the glove in the first place if Teddy's only going to end up blowing a guy if the dude passes his stupid tests, doesn't it?
That isn't the only flaw in Teddy's plan. It won't matter how many times they can get it up, if they drop dead before they even get a chance to stick it in to begin with. Pandora even told him he can't drain souls like a true succubus can. So being able to keep it up with him means nothing.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

if someone knows the taste difference?

but by personal experience, a few "available girls" did BJs using the condom, and I imagine it is also safety reasons? and maybe not wanting to swallow the semen?

so I can envision Teddi deciding to use condom for the BJ
ImageImage