2017-04-04 Felt like I was wearing nothing at all

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2017-04-04 Felt like I was wearing nothing at all

Post by 'J' »

this kid's either going to get over his crush in record time, or develop a new and unpleasant fetish
Yet still, I live...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

it was the alcohol son, not the food
ImageImage

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Stupid Sexy Sandra :p
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

AerisSerris

Post by AerisSerris »

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, I admit; the scalloped edges show Alex's visual fantasy (obviously), but I'm not clear if the speech bubbles are what Sandra is actually saying in real life, or if Alex is imagining that too.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:it was the alcohol son, not the food
Are you sure? Unless Alex immediately started painting her as soon as they got back from the island it could've been something she ate or possibly the result of binge drinking after arriving in Paris. I find it hard to believe she could go that long on a plane ride back without emptying everything in her stomach.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

you forgot the sitcoms and comics "rule of funny" where actual logic can't overcome it
ImageImage

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

The tropical puking incident is leaving a bad taste in Alex's mouth.

Cammi really needs to compensate for this or he won't be fully straight anymore :P
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Are you sure? Unless Alex immediately started painting her as soon as they got back from the island it could've been something she ate or possibly the result of binge drinking after arriving in Paris. I find it hard to believe she could go that long on a plane ride back without emptying everything in her stomach.
The whole original joke depends on the fact that Sandra puked all over Alex because of all the alcohol she'd consumed on the island. Yes, on consideration, that's an implausibly long delay between drinking and puking -- but if you're looking for detailed realism, you're reading the wrong bloomin' comic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

brasca wrote:Are you sure? Unless Alex immediately started painting her as soon as they got back from the island it could've been something she ate or possibly the result of binge drinking after arriving in Paris. I find it hard to believe she could go that long on a plane ride back without emptying everything in her stomach.
Hold on, the reason why Alex decides to fast is not because he is grossed out by the puking?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

pbarnrob

Post by pbarnrob »

Hmmm; RSS still broken? Or is it me? Aaaaaggghhh!

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Aww, I wanted to be the one to do that really easy joke from The Simpsons.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

brasca wrote:
wiseguy wrote:it was the alcohol son, not the food
Are you sure? Unless Alex immediately started painting her as soon as they got back from the island it could've been something she ate or possibly the result of binge drinking after arriving in Paris. I find it hard to believe she could go that long on a plane ride back without emptying everything in her stomach.
Who says that they went back to Paris first for Alex to paint on Sandra? Cammi said that Sandra puked all over Alex the next day (as in the next day after the drunk proposal), Alex could've been flown in from Paris the night before and do the body paint job the next day cos they do wanna make the photoshoot on an island (as per the original idea). Also, what makes you think the plane ride is long?

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

This strip: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... _confirmed The Tropic of Cancer is 1700 miles away from Paris, and that's only if you choose the closest point on the Tropic, which is very much inland. The closest tropical island is more like 2500 miles away. Granted, it's entirely possible that Sandra meant tropical in a less literal sense, in which case it could have been a Mediterranean island, but still, we as an audience were primed to think "tropics", which we don't think of as particularly close to Paris. Similarly, the vast majority of people do not fly on <24hrs notice for non-emergencies, and I imagine we as your audience don't differ from the general population that much with regard to that. (In fact, the vast majority of people fly very infrequently; for example, the median number of flights taken by American adults in a given year is ZERO.) As a result, unless we see in-comic that someone is on a plane or has relocated somewhere in a time window that requires a plane, we are going to assume that no flight has taken place. In particular, we are not going to assume that an impromptu roundtrip plane flight for Alex happened off-panel, especially when there is zero mention of Alex being on a plane or on the island. In fact, look at http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... a_hangover -- in the absence of any other cues, we will assume that Cammi is telling the story in order; as a result, we will assume that "we all went home the next day" (panel 1) happened BEFORE "she puked all over the next day" (panel 2).