Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-03-24 Gets you this frisky

Post by Eisu »

Cortez

Re: 2017-03-24 Gets you this frisky

Post by Cortez »

Alex being the only gamer anyone knows seems statistically odd.

Anyway, it does seem like Cristophe is actually turned on by thinking of Alex. Though if he wasn't at full mast before, i wonder how Nadine was able to enjoy the love making.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

While I like the plot moving (and sorta confirmation that Cristophe is excited when it comes to the thought of Alex present during his sex), somehow the dialogue doesn't feel right...
Eh, never mind.

Speaking of boning the wrong school, how long have Eloise and Nadine been there?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:Alex being the only gamer anyone knows seems statistically odd.

Anyway, it does seem like Cristophe is actually turned on by thinking of Alex. Though if he wasn't at full mast before, i wonder how Nadine was able to enjoy the love making.
My guess is he went from excited to super excited :p

When one thinks gamer, they think really into games, not just "plays Madden" People don't consider people who play games on their phone as a gamer either. We also don't know how big his school is, though, one would think Marie would be mentioned as well, not just Alex.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Except that's not true, people that play sports games are considered gamers, especially since you usually need a console to play.

There are people that are elitist about it, but in general people that play sports games are considered gamers. Especially since a lot of them now have a "story mode", like NBA2K's My career mode.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Uh, not really. Sports games (especially series titles like Madden) grind out titles so frequently and with so little true effort and innovation that, while technically games by definition, they're not played by actual gamers. Or, at least, actual gamers don't just play sports games (they might dabble now and then). Call of Duty is heading in that direction as well, but hasn't quite gotten there yet. I mean, call it elitism if you must, but if all you ever play is Madden and CoD, then your experience with games is so limited that you really don't know the broad scope games can have.

There's also the casual/hardcore division to consider. If sports games ever got into that scale, they'd be at the far bottom end of Casual, with stuff like X-Com and Dark Souls way up at Hardcore. Even if they don't know it yet, Nadine and Eloise really want someone at least in the middle of the scale.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Excuse me while I smoke a cigarette.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

from half mast to full mast eh?
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:Except that's not true, people that play sports games are considered gamers, especially since you usually need a console to play.

There are people that are elitist about it, but in general people that play sports games are considered gamers. Especially since a lot of them now have a "story mode", like NBA2K's My career mode.
I've known people who played just sports game and they never considered themselves a gamer.

Same with those who played every facebook/phone app game.

In fact, they were usually quite ready to say they weren't gamers. I know people who play phone app games more than I play a MMO and they're all "I'm not a gamer. They're like geeks and losers." :p

Also heard that from someone who just played Second Life, which seemed odd :p

There's a mentality to being a gamer. Just playing sports games, generally isn't it. Alex and Marie...they're gamers. :)

I still hear "Computers are dumb" from people who can't live without their phones :p

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

That sounds like elitism and gatekeeping, especially since i'very seen and heard the opposite.
I mean, call it elitism if you must
Cool, because that's what it is. Because no offense, who are you to judge?

It's like saying you're not real fan if you're new to a film series or just got into a more recent game in a franchise.

Anyone that plays a game is a gamer. Even if it is just fighters, platformers, shooters, RPGs.

You also forget people buy games that fit their free time. Like sometimes ones job will only allow you brief breaks where you'll only get enough time for a quick online session and obviously not something as time consuming like a Legend of Zelda game or any JRPG.

But most importantly, it seems rather dickish to judge people on what they enjoy playing.
Last edited by Cortez on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

*still fanning herself with her hands from the last strip, collapses into a messy puddle*
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Cortez wrote:Anyway, it does seem like Cristophe is actually turned on by thinking of Alex. Though if he wasn't at full mast before, i wonder how Nadine was able to enjoy the love making.
I had kind of figured the last panel was after Taps played.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Cortez wrote:Cool, because that's what it is. Because no offense, who are you to judge?
And the same applies to you. Who are you to include everybody who's ever touched a gamepad in their life? Just owning a console doesn't count.

Being a gamer is a mindset, not an action. Fighters, platformers, shooters, RPGs, those all apply. I mentioned very specific series, ones that are mass-manufactured to release multiple times a year, following a set formula of production, with little to no difference between each release. Would you say someone is a pizza aficionado if the only kind they ever eat is store-brand frozen pizza? Mass produced, no variation, standardized recipes. How about a 'music lover' that only listens to the latest pop ear-worm? You're not a gamer unless you actually try to understand what's behind the action, even only a little. And if you dig into most sports games, there's nothing there. Picking plays completely at random is as valid as any other plan. Why bother?
You also fail to forget people buy games to fit their free time. Like sometimes ones job will only allow you brief breaks where you'll only get enough time for a quick online session and obviously not something as time consuming like a Legend of Zelda game or any JRPG.
There are tons of games out there that only take 5 minutes per play session. Hell, Minesweeper counts, old as it is. Go look around in your store of preference, you can find quick games anywhere if you want to.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Being a gamer is a mindset, not an action.
Debatable, there's a reason the term "casual gamer" exists.

There's a lot shades of gamers, there's the casual crowd, the AAA-consumer crowd, the hardcore crowd, the competitive crowd, etc.

Any of those last 3 would, if not branded as a "gamer", at least be referred to as someone that plays games, so I still think it's a bit contrived that our Lady of school-banging found no one that knew any gamer or gamed himself a bit until now.

Anyway, Eisu has a knack for producing some of the hottest panels of the Pixie Trix lineup. :-bd

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd think that the big point about the "definition of a gamer" argument is whether those people call themselves gamers. Or does that etiquette only apply to sexual identities?

Anyway, it seems that Christophe hasn't been able to entirely resist the lure of meaningless sex with eager hot girls yet. Hope that he doesn't start suffering self-disgust over it... And ah, the virtues of long hair when keeping a comic from the horrors of nipple depiction.
Cortez wrote:Anyway, it does seem like Cristophe is actually turned on by thinking of Alex.
Well, we knew that Christophe had found that he had a bit of a confusing unexpected thing about Alex. (The guy's adolescent-jock instincts are evidently still strong enough that he can't just say "Oh heck, seems I'm a bit bi" and roll with it - though I guess that knowing Alex as a straight platonic friend would make it a bit awkward anyway.)
Cortez wrote:Though if he wasn't at full mast before, i wonder how Nadine was able to enjoy the love making.
I assumed that he was just going into his refractory period and, umm, softening up slightly, post-orgasm, when the thought of Alex caused a resurgence.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.