Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Fluffy »

I'd root more for Acina/Grace to be re-absorbed into Ace's psyche and Ace never being aware she even existed; because the other option (Acina/Grace somehow obtaining her own body) would be nothing less than traumatic for Ace - as he'll come to learn what his supposed friends were doing to him for an extended period of time within his knowledge/consent.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

The concern with 'Re-absorbed' is that if she is a separate person now (Regardless of if she was in the past) then reabsorbion would be the death of her consciousness and her as a person.

Death of the Mind is something that makes me deeply uncomfortable.

This is not a good situation and there really isn't good solutions.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Would you consider a person with split personalities being separate individuals, or all part of the same psyche?

Because, that's how I see Acina in this mini-comic; a split personality who has the ability to transform her host body into that of which she identifies with; essentially hijacking Ace's body to do as she pleases once a month without his knowledge/consent.

So, my concern lands solely on Ace's well being; not hers.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

The "ideal situation" would be for Ace's supposed buddies to tell him the truth and not use his distressing magical affliction to get their dicks wet, followed by an immediate removal of the female "personality" by any means available, whether it eliminates "her" or not. I'm using quotation marks for maximum condescension, in case that wasn't obvious. This story, the characterisation, and the writing are absolute garbage, and everyone involved should really do better next time. Honestly, I haven't seen anything this horrible since the Aoi House finale.
This is getting out of hand.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Fluffy wrote:Would you consider a person with split personalities being separate individuals, or all part of the same psyche?
Yeah, while I'm more iffy on it due to the nature of how this all came about. Two people sharing a single body isn't remotely the weirdest thing we've seen. I'd have really liked more explanation on what is going on than we got in six pages.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But it has been explained, though.

Ever since Ace had reverted back to his original form, he's been trying his best to forget he ever lived his life as a girl. Because he's been repressing it so strongly, his repressed thoughts developed into it's own separate identity (Acina - who considers herself to be the 'real' Ace).

It's a very clear case of a split personality (a la Jeckyl and Hyde) - exaggerated by the fact they live in a supernatural setting.

The fact that Acina is a split personality in a supernatural setting doesn't excuse what she, Kade and Dio are consciously doing to Ace - who is completely unaware of what's happening to him.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

There isn't a whole lot of room in this for interpretation. Ace is the victim of a highly-unfortunate set of circumstances, and the people he asks to help him (who agree without much of a fuss, mind) take advantage of said circumstances to satisfy their own selfish impulses, and then lie to his face about it while simultaneously planning to repeat the whole thing. This is pretty cut-and-dry, and I don't know why a guy with an avatar containing a chili dog and Harambe is one of the people not trying to justify or rationalise any of it.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I really have to wonder if the same people defending the actions of this comic are the same people who were against the scene of Nina and Brooke kissing when they were bimbofied. Because honestly, I feel I could use the same justifications being spouted here to defend that comic. The bimbo forms of Brooke and Nina were totally new characters with their own personalities and didn't deserve to be deleted. They should be allowed to make out with or bang whoever they want. They're the true personalities of those characters, yadayada.

You can't decry that and then be totally fine with this.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

^ All of that, times infinity!

I'll also throw in Quintessa, as well - who was 'killed' after Layla's psyche re-absorbed her into her being.
Dorgengoa wrote:There isn't a whole lot of room in this for interpretation. Ace is the victim of a highly-unfortunate set of circumstances, and the people he asks to help him (who agree without much of a fuss, mind) take advantage of said circumstances to satisfy their own selfish impulses, and then lie to his face about it while simultaneously planning to repeat the whole thing. This is pretty cut-and-dry, and I don't know why a guy with an avatar containing a chili dog and Harambe is one of the people not trying to justify or rationalise any of it.
Because you have morals and find nothing funny about Ace's situation?

I'm personally grateful that more people agree with your sentiment than try to justify the whole thing as funny.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

BioYuGi wrote:I really have to wonder if the same people defending the actions of this comic are the same people who were against the scene of Nina and Brooke kissing when they were bimbofied. Because honestly, I feel I could use the same justifications being spouted here to defend that comic. The bimbo forms of Brooke and Nina were totally new characters with their own personalities and didn't deserve to be deleted. They should be allowed to make out with or bang whoever they want. They're the true personalities of those characters, yadayada.

Yo, big shout-outs to all our fallen bimbo who were straight-up murdered when those horrible people undid the spell. Rest in peace, ladies, you deserved life.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Don't forget Quintessa - who was 'killed' when Layla absorbed her back into her psyche!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Dicks out for Quintessa, y'all.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

BioYuGi wrote:I really have to wonder if the same people defending the actions of this comic are the same people who were against the scene of Nina and Brooke kissing when they were bimbofied. Because honestly, I feel I could use the same justifications being spouted here to defend that comic. The bimbo forms of Brooke and Nina were totally new characters with their own personalities and didn't deserve to be deleted. They should be allowed to make out with or bang whoever they want. They're the true personalities of those characters, yadayada.

Like, totally, man!

#Forfallenbimbos #Neverforget.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Dorgengoa wrote:There isn't a whole lot of room in this for interpretation. Ace is the victim of a highly-unfortunate set of circumstances, and the people he asks to help him (who agree without much of a fuss, mind) take advantage of said circumstances to satisfy their own selfish impulses, and then lie to his face about it while simultaneously planning to repeat the whole thing. This is pretty cut-and-dry, and I don't know why a guy with an avatar containing a chili dog and Harambe is one of the people not trying to justify or rationalise any of it.
Oh lord yes. Those two are utter scum regardless of if she's a real person or not. They are taking advantage of a 'Friend' (Evidently in only the loosest sense) and lying right to his face about it to serve their selfish ends.

I'm not arguing that she can't be just a split personality (It's one of a few options for this situation) but that the comic could really do with some more explanation/people who understand what is going on. I'm talking about the metaphysical start and end point of 'What is a person' and how the comic completely dodges what could be an interesting debate about the nature of personhood and right to exist.

Tuvix, for example, was a person who was entirely made up of the merged personality of two other people. Existing meant that two other people did not exist. However, that did not make them less of a person them-self. Thus there was an interesting philosophical quandary about mutually exclusive rights to life and what defines someone as a 'Person' or just something to be cured.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Gotoh wrote:@Raamyah: I'd prefer Ace just be Ace. We already have Mel for the split persona angle and Alchemy for the male/female shapeshifter. Do we really need another one?

I don't see why Ace should have to be put through this, just 'cuz some readers would rather he be changed back into a girl. That's hardly fair to his character, especially given the circumstances.
Good point. My apologies. #-o
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous